Thread: Coming Out - Update

Red face Coming Out - Update

Hi All,

I posted up several months ago asking for advice as I was thinking of 'coming out' to the world. Well, last night I did just that!

Short back story - I have been seeing a therapist for a few months for depression, and as it turns out this was one of my hang ups. This has been amazing, and helped me work through alot of my issues, and is on-going - I would highly recommend speaking to someone even if you are not depressed!
    Anyway, I have had many many conversations with my wife about coming out, we stepped through her concerns and in the end she gave me her blessing and is 200% behind me on this. I am the luckiest husband alive! she has been so encouraging through all of this - my number one supporter!
    I came out to my boss, and gave him a heads up I was going to put this side of me out to the world and he was amazing! Didn't even blink, super supportive, even suggesting if I ever wanted to dress at work it would be welcomed! Love the gesture. Has even assured me management will not tolerate any bad attitude towards this, and will support me in any way required. I'm still blown away by this response.
    Also sat down with my parents, who I did have concerns about how they would take it. Turns out, once again, I had nothing to worry about. They have been soo supportive and are super happy I am finally taking steps to be myself and be happy! My dad even asked to see some photos, and they are both looking forward to meeting Jessica in person soon.

So, last night I posted a photo of Jessica up on my Facebook & Instagram story, along with a post on Instagram. Simple, full head-to-toe shot with the tag line
    "This is me..sometimes" I think that sums it up pretty well really. I have been inundated with messages, all 100% positive! Many comments, likes, hearts etc. Most common response was "go you" - most even asking to see more photos and encouraging me to keep posting photos in the future. I'm so overwhelmed by the support - especially from a few people I had thought may not be overly keen on it too. I feel amazing, and I cannot stop smiling

I'm planning on getting dressed this afternoon & have invited a few people round for a few glasses of wine - I'm so looking forward to it.

Thank you to those who gave advice previously, I do greatly appreciate it. Many of the comments gave me alot to think about and encouraged some thoughtful discussion before jumping into this. I know this is not for everyone, but for me it has always seemed the right thing to do.

It is only early days, but the sky hasn't fallen, and I feel so happy - so much more so than I had ever thought possible! I will update in the coming days for anyone interested.

J

All I can say is sometimes the world is not as bad as we think it is.

Congratulations!!!!

The biggest congratulations possible to you Jessica! What could be better than being so fully yourself!

Now there is no going back! The toothpaste is out of the tube! Now own it, baby! Let yourself be yourself! Congrats! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Wonderful to read.
    You and your wife sorted it out and she gave her blessing, a big amount of support given from friends and your boss plus your parents.
    Big smile on my face and happy for you.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

That's wonderful news Jessica. I'm so happy for you!

Platinum Member
    So glad to hear that the sky has not fallen and that the people in your life have proven to be so supportive and encouraging.

Congratulations, Jessica. Sounds like everything is working out for you.
    So many new things to learn

That's wonderful news, Jessica. You must be thrilled. Sometimes, our biggest worries are in our mind. Your therapist and you seemed to have done a great job of guiding you to the point where you are.

You are to be congratulated, Jessica. It is great your wife, family, friends, and workplace are all so supportive. I cannot imagine the angst you must have felt in coming out all at once. I wish you only love and acceptance from everyone as you move forward.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

That's great for you, Jessica, and I hope everything works out for you as you hope it will, and I echo and endorse the congratulations which others have offered.

Me, though - my life would be over just like that, if I was to do what you did. I would certainly be driven (not physically, but mentally) from the town which has been my home for over 40 years. My friends and neighbours, with very few exceptions, would wipe me out of their lives in a second - and some would almost certainly react with violence - and my civic standing would disappear overnight.

I have considered doing what you've done on (anti)social media, but I've been through more than enough emotional pain and turmoil in my life - I don't think I could take more. And I just KNOW I couldn't start again from scratch somewhere else - not at my age and state of health.

But more power and all my best wishes and support to those who can and do. Love you all.

Wendy.

Well I'm going to say Happy Birthday to you Jessica! What wonderful news and your right, the sky didn't fall and you can just be yourself, which is what many want but you achieved it!

Jessica, Good for you on your coming out going so positively.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".