Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Purging

I like that word Culling. I will continue my culling my closets/collection this week. One of my CD friends is culling her collection too.

Last purge was 4 years ago. I?ve since gotten a storage unit and I have a female friend that knows, so I keep things at her place. Purging is an absolutely expensive regret.

Banned Read only
    I've actually had a massive clean out in the last month, which feels very much like purges of years gone by - I'm now down to 4 sets of bottoms, 4 tops, 2 pairs of shoes, and 2 cardigans. Also have underwear and tights naturally.

Everything that I own now, I could step outside and blend in with. Everything that went to charity or textiles recycling was unsuitable for going out or didn't fit me well enough.

I actually feel way better having gotten rid of so much, and it's been good from a financial point of view for me to see how much money I have wasted on clothing that's imperfect.

I would never purge - I would only get rid of something if I literally couldn't wear it anymore because it was ripped/torn/etc. or it was something I simply had no interest in wearing anymore but wouldn't toss anything out of guilt or shame.

Wow! This really hit me. I have purged any times through the years. I had some really nice Victoria Secrets bustiers at one time. I would really like to have them back, they might not fit though...

Geesh, I've lost track of how many times I've purged my entire wardrobe thinking that "This time I really mean it, I'm quitting!" And absolutely yes, I always regret it later.

There is just one positive thing about purging, which is that I have a really hard time throwing anything girly away. Like shoes that make my feet turn funny colors, dresses that not even Mom would like, and a wool skirt that made me itch every time I put it on. Gone. Thanks to purging.

So, if you really think you're going to quit for good this time, put everything in a box in deep storage. If time passes and you can't remember what you did with your CD stuff, pat yourself on the back, you did it! Celebrate by buying a new outfit! Oops, I did not say that.

I also can't count how many times I've purged by now. Still not cured, and still think a lot about all the cute clothes and shoes and so on that I wish I still had. I think once I decided to stop purging, I started to accept myself a little bit more, and that led me to be a little kinder to myself. Sometimes you need to "purge' clothes that don't fit or shoes that hurt your feet (and that itchy wool skirt that Aneline mentioned--I had one of those too!), but I have never managed to purge myself, and i think that's what that purging represented for me.

Don't purge! You're beautiful!
    Last edited by josie_S; 02-22-2022 at 10:33 AM. Reason: clarity

Thanks everyone for helping to get the message out to our newer members to not purge, it is such a terrible thing and it is inevitable that you feel bad later.
    As we know the desire to crossdress WILL be back
    Crissy

I did that sooo many times too. I think I will never do it again. I don't feel such horrible feelings I used to. Something definately changed in me and yes, I am kinder to myself. There is still some inner struggle tho. I actually sometimes feel really bad when I have urges and can't focus on things and spend so much time looking on clothes or buying something impulsively or just daydreaming and then when it passes I am sometimes wondering why did I do this and that it was not wise. Also I am not proud about dressing privately for sexual/fetishistic reasons. I feel like it is ok to dress because you have femine persona who just wants to be express herself, but I feel like it is emberassing when dressing is part of autoerotics too. It somehow feels less legitimate. Sometimes I am scared what if I am just some pervert. Also I am sometimes thinking about those times when I was quite happy with being just my male me for some time and it was more simple. I am wondering that maybe if I didn't try this and that, I could have lived kind of happily as man maybe. I hope if I will find some balance in the future between my male and female parts it will not be like that. I think it makes sense that some part which was supressed for so long can overtake. Maybe it is all about some balance. I really need to find balance and harmony. I was sometimes wondering how it would be if we all were able to freely express it since early age without any bad feelings about it. Maybe there would be no such urges, because both parts would have space they need. I don't know... I am wondering if I will be happy for it one day.
    I was was watching some video on youtube some time ago about so called two-spirited people. It is term connected with native americans. They believed that some people are borned with two spirits: male and female. It is told that it was considered a gift because those people could see woruld thru eyes of both genders. And those people were very valued in their society for that. There was no shame when boy decided to take female role (or both male and female roles). I am wondering why there is such shame in our society connected with crossdressing and overaly being feminine male or just having feminine part and why I felt that shame too. It does not make any sense to me and I sometimes feel like we are maybe living in really weird and crazy society and it is just so difficult to see it because for most of us, it is all we know. Um... I hope it was not too off topic. I don't have the best mood today, but I felt like it might be helpful for someone if I will just express it without censoring my thoughts.

In my case, I've never purged my wardrobe, however I must admit that right now it sure could use a good thinning! Over the years I've purchased many items purely on impulse, and never worn them.
    I'm much more selective now, and am getting better at not acquiring doubles and triples of the same things.
    I have a much better understanding of what works for me, and tend to focus more on wardrobe items that actually fit and look good.
    I absolutely agree that purging is a drastic and costly mistake, and would discourage other CDs from doing so.

I'm too cheap to ever consider purging. I'm just starting to expand my wardrobe since the wife has just recently given permission to wear outer clothing. Even buying off the clearance rack, it would be unthinkable. If you could see the drab side of my closet, you would understand. LOL

As am about done refining my collection. I did something different. I bought a dress pattern with 3 different styles and the material to make them from. Since the material is prints, I bought some spools of transparent thread (thing very fine mono-filament fishing line). Now I have to cut sew, fit, adjust etc. the pattern is a 1960s era design. One material has a white background. The other is a Dark Blue background. the pattern is a size 16 thru 24. both dresses will be mid-calf.

Dont dont do it...if i could turn back time I would never have got rid of my black velvet strapless cocktail dress with the three layered skirt of taffeta ruffles...sigh