Hello all, just curious to hear your experiences of the first time you ever shared your secret with someone and received acceptance and/or encouragement.

When I was 20 years old I got engaged to a wonderful girl. She knew that I loved it when she wore pantyhose and indulged me by wearing them very often. Over a short period of time I confided to her that I also liked wearing hosiery myself.

I'll never forget her response. Without missing a beat, she immediately replied "Well, anytime you want to wear pantyhose, you can just help yourself to mine". Then she showed me the dresser drawer where she kept her nylons. We were together for the next 5 years and she supported my 'quirk' the entire time. Unfortunately, we ultimately parted ways due to our individual career paths and relocating to different cities.

That was my first experience sharing something about myself that was so deeply personal and embarrassing. Her acceptance was so liberating and helped me realize that my biggest secret didn't make me "damaged goods". She loved me exactly as I was.