Interesting week. I had an ear lob piercing this week but the most interesting
part was the reaction. I was concerned about the pain and the scary entrance into
a tattoo shop. So daughter and wife went along for moral support. Daughter said I don't
ask much of her, so an invite to this event was flattering. She checked in 2 days ahead,
1 day ahead, and many times on day of to see that I was not talked out of it.

Kind of difficult to back out with that support and it was really encouraging to feel
support as it made it "more fun". So now I have tiny, tiny, tiny 3mm cz studs.

What I didn't know til afterwards a key point as did not see these mentioned on the
forums.

-- can't not wear earrings for 4 hrs during first year. Yikes, going to keep mini
studs for later. I thought for questionable events, I could have holes without earrings.
Only after three yrs can you go a day without earrings.

The issue here is we have a tradition of greater family Thanksgiving gathering and
annual three day weekend of all the four brothers. I really question if any of them would approve and
one or two may be hostile. Will find out later.

Got to get head around this still. Most of the time wife likes/endures/supports but sometimes
it's "I not sure I like you with earrings".
Any one have any advice here on what to say?

Oh, other daughter hasn't seen photos yet, she's further away and we've been too tired with
life for photos. She is asking for same, and not really concerned. So more matter of crossing the T's
and dotting i's.