Thread: Just sharing my excitement :)

Just sharing my excitement :)

Fiancee and I are going to Disney World in a few weeks. She's awesomely supportive and is okay with me dressing one or two days while we are there. I bought a Minnie Mouse costume (like this one) and a poofy short white petticoat for underneath. I'm also planning to wear my trusty hip/butt pads and pocket bra/forms, waist cincher, frilly white ankle socks, yellow sneakers, sleeveless black turtleneck, wig/makeup, and of course my wig. Counting the weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds until I get to wear this around the Magic Kingdom!!! I've been out dressed many times but this will be my first time in bare shaved legs. Looking forward to feeling the breeze on my legs and (teehee) up the petticoat. Other half helped tailor the dress and belt for me!
    Last edited by Sherry Ann Evans; 01-24-2022 at 01:27 AM.

Disney World is always great, doing it en femme will be right off the charts. Take lots of pictures to share here!

What a fun adventure! Please do share photos.

Yes, what a great thing to look forward to and experience. It?s wonderful your fianc? is supportive as is mine. I?ll never forget my first, shaved, lotioned legs outing. I did wear sheer pantyhose. Still do. Have a wonderful time.

I've been out in pantyhose many times, but never truly bare-legged. Can't wait! If I wimp out of the costume then my backup plan is a denim miniskirt and red blouse with white polda dots, so it's still Minnie-ish.

I got to go to Disneyland as myself for the first time last November. I didnt get a whole Minnie mouse costume though. I did have a Minnie mouse skirt where the poka dots were actually Minnie mouse shilloettes and a Minnie mouse t shirt. It was quite nice being there as myself and I thought my outfit was cute.

Jennifer, do you have a picture from that experience?

I'm used to living here in a big northeast city, where most people are progressive and really do not care what you are wearing. Wondering how my outfit will go over among all the midwest soccer moms and stuff in WDW.

I believe Disney Parks has a rule about adults not being allowed to dress in costume, except for Halloween and other specified dates? Better check the Disney website to make sure.

Otherwise good luck and have fun. Also, do not eat lunch before getting on the Tea Cups ride.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Nancy, I checked already. You can't wear masks or use props, and you can't do anything that people would confuse with an actual Disney costumed character (no signing autographs, posing with other guests, etc.) ... I would just be a crazy lady in a dress and ears.

Great. Looking forward to you posting pics then.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Sounds like it will be an amazing experience. Look forward to hearing about your adventures in the wonderful world of Disney.

Sherry Ann, Have a terrific time. Love the dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Have a GREAT time and enjoy the experience... Im jealous by the way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry Ann Evans View Post
    If I wimp out of the costume...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry Ann Evans View Post
    I'm used to living here in a big northeast city, where most people are progressive and really do not care what you are wearing. Wondering how my outfit will go over among all the midwest soccer moms and stuff in WDW.
    If I were you, I'd feel more brave than less brave. There's an allllmost zero change you're going to run into anyone. Who cares what anyone thinks, whether they be east coast, west coast, midwest, or timbuktu? Let them have their opinions. It will have zero effect on you. It's unlikely you'd find a safer place than Disney.

I'd give about anything to do what you are planning. The only difference is I'd want to wear an Alice (in Wonderland) dress/outfit. Have fun, be happy, and give a full report afterwards.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

OMG! I've dreamt of a day that I could go to WDW and be dressed up. I think I would cry if I would be able to do so.

I'm very envious! Please take some pics and post them here.

Are you going dressed up everyday?

This is my dream! Please take lots of pics!

I think you'll find you'll be more comfortable in a skirt or dress than shorts as it get warm out in the sun waiting in lines.
    To be honest with you, with everyone buying the ahead of the line passes, the cost of everything since inflation hit, and the hassle of dealing with entitled people, I would not want to go to WDW.
    Local Amusement Parks and venues like Renaissance Fairs, and Village and County Fairs are really much more exciting and easier to navigate.
    But I digress, you're going and you should be excited to have the opportunity.
    I hope you find it not too crowded and everything you could ever hope for!
    Have a good time and tell Mickey and Minny we all said Hello!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

We're going this Saturday! Can't wait!!

However I decided to change my outfit for Sherry day. The dress is amazing, but it just didn't work with my belly. I tried a couple of different waist cinchers. They made it look good, except I couldn't breathe or sit!

I picked an alternate outfit which is still adorable but is actually comfy too.

I'm going to wear this top: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Allegra-K...Tops/837744466

And then on bottom I'm wearing black capri leggings, and yellow sneakers.

I'll still wear the bow/hairband from the original dress/costume.

So the outfit still screams Minnie spirit and I'll save the costume for if I ever lose weight. Sigh...

Anyway it's going to be great fun! My S/O is as excited as I am. I hired a makeup artist for Thursday when we're there.

You'll be great in that outfit! We live very close to WDW and often go for a couple of hours just to wander around. We enjoy seeing those that DisneyBound (no, its not what you might be thinking - its wearing colors that reflect the iconic Disney characters) when we are there.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I wouldn't worry too much about others while at Disney World. I went last June with my nails very Disney, but other than that all guy. I only noticed one lady give me a look when they saw my nails. And one dad and his two daughters left the line we were in when one of the daughters asked about my nails. That one could have been that the rides were all stopped due to rain or something else besides my nails. Other than that I got a LOT of compliments the week were where there hoping parks.

I'll definitely paint my nails that day.

We are going for six days.

I want to get an amazing picture in front of the castle!