Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you hung your Dresses & Gowns in a Closet would it look just like most GGs Closets

If you hung your Dresses & Gowns in a Closet would it look just like most GGs Closets

If you were to hang all your dresses, gowns and slips in a closet do you think the items would look much different than those of your S.Os or most GGs you Know ? In General do you think anything in your closet is different and might lead a gal to think she is looking at a CDs Closet ? Is there anything specific in your closet that might lead a gal to think the wearer is eithier quite flamboyent or might be a CD ?

Women are so smart soI have to believe they would notice something in our closets that would get their mind spinning ! LOL

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    My bedroom closet is packed full. Only women's clothing, shoes, etc.

My men's clothes are relegated to a closet in the spare bedroom and 3 dresser drawers!

Biggest take away is that my closet would be all dresses. Would expect that a GGs closet these day would only have 10-20% of their wardrobe be dresses.

Plus I do have a bunch of square dance dresses and petticoats, dance outfits & tutus, cheerleading and french maid outfits as well.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

My guy clothes are only about 3% of my clothes. They are in a separate closet. I have a walk-in closet that is all dresses. Skirts and blouses. Lol

Would it looks like a GG's closet, I very much doubt it.
    I have way more dresses then any right minded GG would ever have,
    Last edited by Raychel; 01-25-2022 at 01:30 PM.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by NancyTO View Post
    Biggest take away is that my closet would be all dresses. Would expect that a GGs closet these day would only have 10-20% of their wardrobe be dresses.

Plus I do have a bunch of square dance dresses and petticoats, dance outfits & tutus, cheerleading and french maid outfits as well.
    Nancy, LOL You really need to take a picture of your closet for us ! I am so Jealous !

Platinum Member
    I think a single guy who had a closet with any dresses in it would be suspect, let alone a closet full of fem clothing. My "stuff" is contained in approximately 24+ Xerox boxes stacked in our rec room. We do have a walk-in closet that would not be big enough for all of my 162 dresses to hang. I maintain a word document annotating the size, style, color, maker, etc so I do not buy the same dress twice. I did that once. Too many slips to hang in any closet. My wife? Less than a dozen dresses and she has maybe four white slips. If I was able to hang my dresses in our closet and a visitor walked through it maybe the mass of dresses and slips would be thought to be my wife's. We wear the same size; 16/18 or XL. In fact we seem to gravitate to the same maker.

They are, and just as with the women I've known they are taking over the universe. Vivian has her own closet for general clothes, her own dresser for intimates and her own shoe rack. Nevertheless, she is slowly taking over all the other storage space in the house. Her purses are hanging behind the office door and her sports clothes are liberally intermixed with his. I believe there's a sports bra hanging on the handlebars of the exercise bike right now, in fact. Anyone visiting would know right away what was up.

Aspiring Member
    My wife's and my closets are very similar. The only real differance is I have more "fancy" dresses. also I have way more pantyhose than your average gg.
    Sara

Pretty sure that red flags would go up when a GG does not find any jeans or slacks in my closet, very few tees!

I have mostly dresses, including 4 LBD's. Like others have said unusual for todays GG's. No shorts or long pants, only one pair of jeans and 5 pairs of heels. Definitely a different inventory from my wife's closet.

Unfortunately my closet has now gone . But like many of the other ladies have said, Dresses,shoes 30 odd pairs of tights/pantyhose, bras panties and slips . There was no jeans or pants . Not feminine enough in my opinion.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Just like me, my closet does not ?blend-in or pass? and that is the way I prefer it! Especially with the Victorian dresses and accessories to go with the fun outfits.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I guess the tip off is I have many more dresses than she does.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I haven't seen any GGs' closets in a long time! My inner closet door has about 8 wigs hanging from it. Most GGs don't have wigs or not that many. There's also a few corsets in my closet that the average GG probably wouldn't have either. Looks like a CDs closet alright
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I think the general theme here is we tend to have way more dresses and skirts than the average gg, and far fewer pants/slacks. Same goes for me. It's similar for shoes I would think to, as I don't have any 'practical' women's shoes, just heels of various kinds. It might not sink in right away, but a person emptying the closet might eventually think "Where are the pants? Where are the sneakers and flats?"

Mine would be an average GG closet. I have a mix of everything to bend in. Now if I go by my wife's closet. She has only 3 dresses and 1 skirt.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I suppose I would get comments about having a shoe and slip fetish...today, I think I have more slips than dresses and skirts.
    When I was presenting in my bachelorette dazes, I think I was like most girls...I owned a lot of neutral unisex clothing.
    Nice closet Chantal!
    Last edited by candykowal; 01-24-2022 at 11:37 PM.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Kind of on-topic, however this made me review my clothing purchases for the past year.
    Male clothes consisted of socks, briefs, tracksuit pants and a pair of runners. As for ladies clothing, well, um, lot's more than that, however, when looking for ladies clothes, I am much more critical about their style how much they cost, as I feel that they are more of a luxury than normal men's clothing.

I think, if one were to look in my closet, or my bra and panty drawers, they would think it was the wardrobe of a mature-aged woman with a bit of taste and class.
    I neither own nor wear 'fetish' clothing or clothing designed to tittillate men - I dress as most mature women would, I like to think (and hope).
    Maybe a giveaway is that there is (so far) only one pair of shoes in there.

266765060_1628616514140319_7124122615186801706_n.jpg
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 01-25-2022 at 01:41 AM.

The dominance of occasion dresses in my wardrobe might inspire suspicion; in fact the mere presence of any of the dresses would. I think I am going to need to rehearse an explanation - and it will need to be a good one.

Actually everything of mine is hanging in our closet side by side with my wife's.
    We have friends and family over all the time and they have all seen it and just comment to my wife that she has a lot of shoes and wigs. I don't think anyone has a clue that over 1/2 of what they see belongs to me. There are dresses, skirts, jeans and slacks, blouses, tops and sweaters, and of course Shoes. Yes, it looks just like any woman's closet mostly because I dress just like any other woman. That's always been my desire. I just want to be like any other woman.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

The only difference between my wifes' and my closet is that I am size 10 to 12 and she is size 18.

I have a mans drawer for special occasions. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    I would say my closet looks like a woman's closet. Actuallly, we have just recently moved into a new home and haven't gotten the closet situation straightened out yet. Some of my wife's clothes have spilled over into "my" closet. This is actuallya good thing because if anyone visits and wants to tour our new home, it's a good reason for female clothes to be in my closet along with my male clothes.

The honest truth is, we both have a lot more clothes than we need and we need to get rid of some. We did this before we moved but we need to do it again.

BTW: Neither of us has or wears slips and gowns.
    Krisi

If I were to hang my clothes in a closet, it would be much different than a GG's. Mine would be filled with skirts, tops, and dresses. A GG's closet would hold a dress and skirt or two and many pairs of pants, jeans, and sweats.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    I solved the problem, have separate closets.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"