I am going to have some time to myself today, which means I will get to dress. I am always filled with anticipation as I will get to visit with, if just for a little while, my persona, my alter ego "Kris". As I begin to prepare mentally at least, it got me to thinking how I view her (notice use of third person).

Although Kris is indeed me, sort of, I view and imagine her almost as a different person with personality characteristics sharply different from my own. She lives in the moment. She is very socially oriented, searches out social situations and loves to interact with others, even if only online for the moment. She is a very fashionable dresser, loves to shop online or even in person if she can.She's very vain, enjoys looking in the mirror, loves to have her picture taken, and loves to take them. She is very sexy, yet not overtly so. All of these and more are a big reason why "I" enjoy visiting with her as much as I do. I so enjoy our differences and relish the sensation of bringing her out, and have some disappointment when she must go away until next time, even though I know she'll be back.

I find all this interesting because when I started to actively CD just a short time ago, a full blown persona did not exist; I just knew I wanted to wear women's clothing. "Kris" revealed herself almost immediately, almost like she was always there, just waiting to emerge. I must admit at first it was a little scary, but it felt and feels so good!

Anyway, I'm wondering if you have a persona or alter ego, and how do you view her? A separate entity with whom you have a close relationship? Yourself, just with your female side amplified? Situational, going back and forth? Do you escape the world in your alter ego? Or simply partake in the joy of wearing women's clothing. We're all different, so it might be fun to explore this. Let's discuss!