Thread: Email From Microsoft

Email From Microsoft

Got an email from Microsoft OneDrive today. Now I have gotten them before with things I have done or places I have been. And it's been fun to look at and remember things in the past with my wife.

But not today when I open the email there was 5 pics of Glenda from 3 years ago. In some new outfits I had bought. So now I have to check and make sure no one is around when I open it.

Yes, I know I can block it, but I like seeing some of the things, Like, when my dog was a puppy 13 years ago.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Glenda, technology is going to get us all. Just need to be careful.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It is hard not to comingle lives with all this technology. I had to delete the Target ap off my phone because every time I went searching for bras on target.com it would open the app and go to womens intimates. Then bra searches would show up on my browser! It also knew when I was in the store and it would send me messages about bras. Be great if my wife was not with me half the time in Target. Being outed by a smart ass ap! Lol.

Platinum Member
    One of the rare advantages of being alone is that no one else sees incriminating ads and spam.

I think there's a line between being helpful and being intrusive that apps sometimes cross.

The Internet has been a boon to our community. I found out there were so many more like me and enables so many of us to buy clothing, wigs, forms online that we'd struggle with in the real world.

So I guess it's a case for rough with the smooth.

I sort of like that Herroom ads pop up in many of the apps I use (I try to avoid cloud storage of photos)

I agree with Helen. The Internet has opened a lot of previously locked doors for us and probably increased awareness of people who do not exactly conform with the traditional and stereotypical. They were always there before privacy became so public and that essentially vanished if you put anything on the Internet and only visited sites that dealt with quantum physics or the adaptive abilities of soil nematodes. The algorithms leave a lot to be desired. Once in the mix only way out is to disappear into a wilderness and live as well as possible. But the spy satellites will still spot you.

One thing that helps is to remove all cookies constantly - but it only helps. VPNs work but they really limit what you can do. I agree with Jamie completely - technology will get us all, assuming it hasn't already. Look around - there are cameras everywhere, watching, peering, recording your every move much of the time - except when you are under the bed. And infra-red will get you there. I still long for the old days when privacy was the rule and you only let others know what you want to reveal. 1960, for example. It is now hard to believe that for most of human history our lives were not a public spectacle is some way or other. Sad!!

You received an Email from One Drive??
    I thought that was a cloud storage thing. How did it email you? This tech is getting scary.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    I did receive a picture from Microsoft's One Drive not too long ago. I had no idea there was that feature. The picture was not anything to worry about, but, still it was a "Wa?" moment. Last year we had to get a new computer. We had been dealing with Windows 8. Not too long ago in the bottom right hand corner there were alerts of emails entering the in-box. I had not set our computer to received alerts. What I noticed was the mixing of the in-boxes of my wife and my own email accounts. Another 'Wha?" I did figure out how to stop those alerts, but, it ran through my mind, "Is my wife also seeing these alerts on her device?" She said no. So, mingled with "routine" alerts were updates on bidding on femme stuff on ebay or reminders from retailers that things I had looked at were still available. That's fine for books from Barnes and Noble, but, not so fine for panties from Macy's. Ugh! Technology.

UPDATE: So I am sitting here as usual banging away this morning (Thursday, the 27th) and my wife comes in. She tells me she tried logging onto her G mail account. She uses a tablet, while I use the main device in our home; the PC. She says she could not access her G mail, but, my G Mail account pops up displaying the unread messages. Wha! I never use her tablet. I do not get any juicy messages, but, have had to unsubscribe from various retailers after ordering fem stuff. It wasn't until I unsubscribed that I was getting daily messages from places like Herroom. I suspect the WiFi in the house is somehow responsible for mixing the accounts.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 01-27-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Aspiring Member
    I don't take photos of myself, so they don't end up online.
    My other photos are only backed up to the cloud when I choose - not when a computer chooses - so there are no surprises.
    When I browse for things which might be "incriminating" I use a private tab on my browser which doesn't save things in my browsing history.
    When I use standard (non-private) browser tabs, I have tracking disabled so I don't get many ads related to things I search for. Sadly, it's impossible to disable tracking for all websites because many don't respect that decision.
    I have a program that I wrote (I am a software developer) which searches my browsing history for sites that I don't want in my history, and it deletes them.

Fortunately, all members of my household have their own PC and mobile devices, so nobody ever uses mine. They're all password protected anyway.

Paranoid? Maybe. Careful? Definitely.

Well, it looks like I had a good time 3 years ago got another email today with more pics of Glenda. My wife must have been out of town then. I like the pics, so I won't delete them. This is Windows 10 my wife's PC is a 8 and I don't put anything on it plus I go in on her PC from time to time to clean it up. She never deletes anything and more windows open than I can count. So, is I make sure nothing of mine is on it.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

1984 and George Orwell were only about 20 years too early'

I remember going into a car park in Slough UK in 2010 and seeing number plate recognition cameras monitoring it.

I do wonder if facial recognician has identified me as both a woman and a man.

I suppose that's next.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    Yes, our computers are doing things behind our backs. I take photos of Krisi, load them onto the computer for editing, save them to a removable USB drive and then "delete" them from the computer. They are no longer on the hard drive, but, there's a "recent photos" feature that pops up under certain circumstances and even though I have deleted the photos from the folder on the hard drive, they still show up as "recent photos".

The risk here is, I may have someone looking over my shoulder as I import photos from my camera and the photos of Krisi could show up.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but delete does not mean delete. The photo is still there. Someone with the right tools can find it and surprisingly fast. Remember: If I am on line, everything I have on the computer, including all history, is on line as well.

There are ways to reduce the damage but eliminating the risk is difficult indeed. The only sure way is to not have the photo anywhere near the computer in the first place. And a cell phone is within the definition of computer, as I know from experience. Many cell phones will link with nearby computers by default unless you remove the connection.

It is possible to reach a draw with these advertisers/adversaries. Take them on at their own game. All warfare is based on deception. Make a majority of the items you search be something you do not mind having outed, items people close to you would expect you to look at. Before you finish a session, get out of privacy mode on your browser and search for and look at a few of those expected items. Even put one in an online shopping cart without buying them. This is not foolproof but I can fight them to a draw in most cases. And clear your cache, cookies, and history; make them at least put some effort, however slight, into their invasion.

I agree with everything Abby has to say above.

Firefox permanent private browser mode clears the cookies, cache, and other data on browser exit.

I don't use Google unless I have no alternative. Same with Micro$oft. I browse the web with Firefox under a non-Windoze and non-Apple OS. Amazon is to be avoided unless I have no alternative. I don't mind too much for engineering texts, but anything else is pretty much a non-starter. Besides, local news media have portrayed Amazon as a substantially less than stellar employer. Further, Amazon is a personal data collector extraordinare.

As for browsers, my research indicates anything that is not Firefox or Tor is Chrome, which I don't consider secure. Micro$oft Edge is one of the least secure variants of Chrome as far as personal data leakage is concerned. I don't use Tor because that tends to attract unwelcome attention from law enforcement, not that I do anything illegal. One of the side benefits of Firefox permanent private browsing is I don't get many ads, but it does disable some sites that claim to require the advertising revenue to support their existence.