Thread: Let our guard down alittle

Let our guard down alittle

I was sitting on the couch with my bare black pantyhosed feet exposed with the front door open, my wife came home from work and made a comment about with the Covid I'm pretty confident that nobody will visit and come unexpectedly to our front door. My wife relates to Maria as a third party and tells me that the Covid is bad but it's been pretty good to Maria and as things are starting to lift i better go back to cautious mood again.
    At the beginning of the virus my children came home but they realized once on there own it was hard to go under there parents roof again and at first opportunity they went back.
    My wife told me that before the virus Friday nights we would go out for dinner and I would sometimes go for a drive and Saturdays I would go to work and we would go out at night and Sunday usally visiting our parents. Now I dress from the minute I come home Friday and Saturdays and usally stay dressed all day Sunday with great confidence and that nobody is coming over unexpectedly. With some restrictions lifting I better start preparing that opportunity is going to be limited again and being more aware of what we are doing because we have let our guard down lately. Even she has admitted to getting comfortable with some things, I wrote about when she said that a dress looked better on me then her. This week she told me she was talking to a co-worker about how uncomfortable tights and pantyhose are and my wife told her "I haven't worn pantyhose in years but I don't understand how my husband wears them all the time. The other day my daughter dropped off something and my pink fluffy slippers were at the front door and my daughter notices everything and made a comment about them. My Wife admitted she didn't even notice the slippers almost like there was nothing wrong with them being out.
    Well I guess I didn't really realize how with the virus and it's strict restrictions it made my dressing a lot easier to not be so aware of unexpected guests or just more alone time with only my wife. I told my wife as much as it has been different I'm more then willing to give up this freedom to remove this virus and get back on to our lives. I guess I really didn't realize how it excelled during this virus, and I know it was a lot different with the members here with younger children who weren't going to school and on line learning with them home all the time. I guess it's time to be cautious again.

"I guess it's time to be cautious again."

Maybe it is time to just throw caution to the wind and run with it!

Maria,

One thing that I've been able (if I want to and I do want to) is wear lipstick all the time, could not have done it w/o masks...
    Little pleasures that life affords us.

Davina

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm confused why any closet dresser would worry about unexpected guests? I never did or do!

Just don't answer the door!

And, it is my opinion that anyone who leaves their girlie things out in plain sight when folks come over? WANTS to get caught!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-29-2022 at 12:44 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Only semi related, but funny (I think) - Years ago when my daughter was in college she came home to do her laundry. There was a recent load in the dryer which she removed and sorted/folded (miracle of miracles). She commented that "Mom has nicer underwear than I do". The underwear she was referring to were mine.

Sometimes we see what we want to see.
    So many new things to learn

I have never had anyone show at my door, friend or family, without a phone call first. The only people who do show are Amazon, UPS or Fedex.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'm a little confused.

Your wife told a "co-worker" you wear pantyhose all the time? Does this co-worker know about your feminine side?

Just wondering....

Reality Check
    re: "Just don't answer the door!"

Well, sometimes it's unavoidable.

For example, your vehicle is parked in the driveway so it's pretty certain that you're home. Or someone has driven many miles to see you.

The solution is probably one of the web enabled doorbells where you can talk to the person using your phone. Tell them you are "indisposed" at the moment but will be there in a couple of minutes (however long it takes to get back into male mode.
    Krisi

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Living in the country, I rarely get unexpected visitors. And delivery persons rarely need a signature. I have on several occasions through the years recognized someone through the peep hole and advised them in a loud voice that I needed a few minutes to get dressed. (Well, actually changed, as we cross-dressers really know!)

Just the other day someone knocked on the front door, but then did not leave. So, I ventured out to meet him, thinking that it might be the new nearest neighbor. It was actually a guy contracted by the electric utility to inspect the condition of power poles and identify issues such as hazardous tree limbs. He wanted to let me know what was up if I heard his vehicle or other noises on my property. This time I was not fully dressed but did have to ditch the girlie daisy duke shorts for men?s jeans before the meet up!

Banned Read only
    You are married to an accepting wife. Covid has been hell for most of us. Before Covid, although my wife was retired, there was at least the chance she would babysit overnight at our daughter's apartment. Covid hit and everything closed down. Locked up in Covid jail. There has been an easing of restrictions and my wife has offered to babysit overnight if our daughter and son-in-law wanted to go out for a movie and dinner. No takers yet! Pre-covid there was always the chance of unexpected knocks on the door which I either ignored or, if it was one of our kids, I had time to undress (no makeup). If it wasn't for the fact my wife and I sleep apart which offers the opportunity to wear a nightgown (bra and panty too), I'd really go nuts.

I think with the restrictions and the limited meeting up with people, people are more likely to have started being more open to themselves and spouses to see them.

We've had no visitors unannounced for nearly 2 years now. About the only people who do come on their own are Fedex, UPS and the mailman.
    You're right about being relaxed and complacent about things after all this time. It's nearly noon and I'm still sitting here in my nightgown and pink robe without a thought about anyone coming to the door. It's really going to be a shock when (if) things change.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I have never had anyone show at my door, friend or family, without a phone call first. The only people who do show are Amazon, UPS or Fedex.
    This is also the situation at our house. None of our friends and or family would show up unannounced. Just like Maria mentioned during the beginning of COVID my adult daughter (who lives with us) was doing an internship at the hospital. I was then working from home. I had plenty of time to wear tights or leggings while presenting the top half for Zoom calls in male mode. This afforded me more time to enjoy allowing Jenni to roam around the apartment. Now since restrictions have lessened I am back in the office all the time and my daughter has finished her internship. There is rarely anytime at home to dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    re: "Just don't answer the door!"

Well, sometimes it's unavoidable.

For example, your vehicle is parked in the driveway so it's pretty certain that you're home. Or someone has driven many miles to see you.

The solution is probably one of the web enabled doorbells where you can talk to the person using your phone. Tell them you are "indisposed" at the moment but will be there in a couple of minutes (however long it takes to get back into male mode.
    "Sorry, I was in the shower while you stopped by"

I told a good friend that my wife and I were naked and sweaty when he stopped by and questioned why we didn't answer the door. He just laughed and said he shouldn't have asked!

There have been many times people have rang my doorbell when I am dressed. They get ignored. It does make the heart race a bit. I generally keep a pair of jeans and a t-shirt handy if I really need to change. nobody has a key for our house so if the doors are locked I don't worry about it.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-29-2022 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Yep, you are right, too much information

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thank u, Pumped! There r a 1000 reasons why u didn't answer your door when someone showed up unannounced!

In fact, back in the day when it happened to me, the folks in question apologized for stopping by without notice and never asked me for an excuse. As well they should.

Maybe it's guilt that makes a dresser feel the need to answer their door or make up an excuse? But, why aren't u entitled to privacy in your own home?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Doc, on a similar tone is answering the phone. My mother and father in law were over one day and the phone rang. I looked at my wife and asked her if she was expecting a phone call, nope. We let the phone ring and went back to visiting on the in laws. The M-I-L was starting to twitch and finally asked if we were going to answer the phone, no, let it ring.

"But it might be important!"

"Well, they can leave a message!"

She could not believe we were not going to answer it!

I told her it was my phone, I will answer it, or not if I want too!

She couldn't believe we didn't answer it!

I always answer the door when I'm en femme. Anyone who doesn't like the way I'm dressed can leave.

Oh yeah, and about phone calls, we never answer our land line. We have a message on our answering machine that says so, and tells the caller to leave a message or call our cells. We keep the land line because when a cashier at a brick and mortar store says "can we have your phone number?" it's convenient to have a number that you never answer.

Occasionally, I do answer the phone. It's always spam. I listen to the whole spiel and then say Whaaat? In an old-lady voice. If they repeat the spiel, I say "Who is this?" In the same voice. They usually hang up after that.
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 01-29-2022 at 11:08 AM.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Aspiring Member
    When I have someone in my office and the phone rings, I ignore it. If my guest asks whether I will answer the phone, I reply that the caller can leave a message because I am busy working with someone important.

I ignore the phone at home. It is almost always a robocall or a scammer. People who are important will leave a message. I call them right back.

I have been alone at home en femme and someone knocks at the door. I ignore the knocking though I agree it does raise my heart rate a bit. If they confront me later, I was napping or working from home on a Zoom call or in the gentlemen’s room or ...other. I must admit that I like the TMI reason that Pumped used but no visitors have become nosy enough to earn that response from me yet.

Cynthia, when a brick and mortar store SA asks for my phone number on a personal check, I give them the bank’s phone number. The check is an issue between the store and the bank anyway. After writing that phone number on the check, none have ever said anything more. It seems a needless expense to pay for a land line only to for this reason.
    Last edited by abby054; 01-30-2022 at 07:01 PM.