Thread: Last day at work

Last day at work

Yesterday was my last day at Torrid. It was a fun job to have part-time for about 3 months. I had fun dressing up for each work shift, helping customers and basically getting to shop. And then there was the shopping of which I did too much. I didn't make any money working there, I paid them to work there. LOL.

I made a point of dressing for each day, wearing 100% Torrid clothing, make-up and hair done, breast forms, and sometimes a girl face mask. Make-up got easier doing it so much more often.

Somethings to mention;

I am just over 6 foot tall and wore flats and 2-3 inch heals often. I say that because there were lots of women that were taller than me shopping there.

We guys,(I am using guys loosely) don't seem to want to be helped by guys when in "women's stores". I noticed this myself when I went to Ulta and a male SA asked if I needed help. I had thought it was just me, and then I did it myself.

Most women, like 99.9%, didn't care how I was dressed, nor did men that were shopping for their SOs or with them.

Lots of people tried to not be offensive, to the point of almost being, when trying to say I helped them. She, her, him?, and the odd finger point to let the cashier know. I even had repeat customers ask for me.

I helped a few moms that were helping their kid transition, as the clothing and shoes were more accommodating to their sizes. Seems like things are getting more accepted in the world.

Heals are a lot harder to work in than walking around the house. I tried one pair I have worn around the house without issue multiple times for 4-8 hours at a time. First time I tried wearing them to work, I made it from the car to the store and was in pain. I bought some flats to start my shift.

I was offered to continue working, but I have things that I want to do and working cuts into that.

I added a photo to my profile/avatar, couldn't figure out how to add one to an album to share. That's my last day look. Some were better, I don't think any were worse.
    Last edited by Billie; 01-28-2022 at 01:23 PM.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Billie, I've followed you working there and sounds like you gained a lot of insight. That's something that I think would be fantastic for most of us to experience. Thank you for taking us along with you stories.

How great is it that you had a job you enjoyed. I've often joked that work is overrated...but not in this case!

Billie, I loved hearing about when you first got hired and throughout your time with Torrid. You were an ambassador for us and we all lived through your experiences. Thank you, this helps all of us in many ways.
    Crissy

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    Yesterday was my last day at Torrid. It was a fun job to have part-time for about 3 months. I had fun dressing up for each work shift, helping customers and basically getting to shop. And then there was the shopping of which I did too much. I didn't make any money working there, I paid them to work there. LOL.

I made a point of dressing for each day, wearing 100% Torrid clothing, make-up and hair done, breast forms, and sometimes a girl face mask. Make-up got easier doing it so much more often.

You, young lady, have my utmost respect.

I could *never* do that!

Platinum Member
    Sounds like a grand experience.

That was a great story Billie. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'll bet your calves r a lot stronger now, Billie!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Billie sounds like you had a great experience, I would love to work at Torrid. I think it would be fun to have a purpose to dress and be in the real world.

Sounds like it was a great experience and I'm sure you know an experience a lot of us would have loved to have the courage and confidence. I'm wondering how you could let it go. Thanks for being our voice and hope whatever you left it for brings you another life experience.

Billie, I'm glad you had a positive experience.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".