Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Dressing your fetish?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Is Dressing your fetish?

As I scroll thru all the posts of girls enjoying their dressing day or looking forward to one, I had an epiphany!

When I started dressing 25 years ago I couldn't get enuff of that either! Used to dress in motels out of town. In a store room at the office, under dress, even get up in the middle of the nite when the family was sleeping!

After my ex and I separated, I'd hang around at nite enjoying just pantyhose, girdle, bra and home made forms when the kids were with her!

When I discovered cd.com all I thot about or did in my free time was dress up!
    Then later, I began dressing all the way or not at all. It was and is the look and feel of completely transforming into a female that excites me! Throwing on a few fem items doesn't do it for me anymore.

So, now? I can't be bothered wearing fem things even tho I live alone. So I can do it whenever I like. I only dress for shoots or to go out. The need/desire/fetish, or whatever it was that excited me to just throw on anything fem has gone!

Anyone else relate to this?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I like wearing women's clothes. I don't view it as a fetish. There are healthy fetishes and unhealthy fetishes. I don't have a problem with a healthy fetish but try to stay clear of the unhealthy stuff. I too live alone but still get great pleasure out of dressing up. For me, it's not just the dressing up but also the pampering and looking after myself. As one gets older it's all too easy to let oneself go and I find crossdressing a way of helping me keep an eye on my diet, my weight, ensuring I take regular exercise, applying body lotions, etc. Crossdressing is more than just the dressing, or can be.

Not a fetish in my case Sherry. More of a compulsion and a times difficult to control urge.

No. It's not a fetish. Not for me anyway. It was once, when I was young, but not now, and not for a long time.

This is something that many people seem to think applies to us all, and it does not. I get angry when I hear people talk that way, or the idiots who once heard the term, 'autogynephilia' and now apply it to every man who ever pulled on a pair of panties. I don't know about any of you, but I find that to be both false - it certainly is in my case - and downright offensive.

No, I do it simply because I enjoy it and it makes me feel good about myself - and because I'd rather be mature, confident and reasonably-attractive Wendy than sad, balding old Jimmy with his health issues and DV-survivor baggage.
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 01-29-2022 at 03:45 PM.

Platinum Member
    I have been all over the place with trying to place a label on my behavior. For the longest time I was entirely satisfied as having a harmless king or fetish. Both my exes were comfortable with dressing as a fetish. Maybe I would still be married if I had simply gone along with that label and not acknowledged that there was anything more to it.

Isn’t it curious that within the context of a relationship, a fetish is more acceptable than accepting the transgender label?

Ditto Debbie Denier. I so enjoy the comfort, feelings, pampering, and the whole process. I just flat out enjoy wearing women?s clothes and do. Dressing is in my daily routine.

For me it's not a fetish. It's more than that. It is a part of me. I imagine it's how a drug addict or alcoholic must feel when they need their next "hit".

The word fetish too often carries a negative connotation.
    Started as a component of our private life and is evolving into something involving a lot more than bedrooms now.

Doc,

I suppose one could argue that I fetish dress if looking at some of my outfits, but that would not be entirely accurate. I dress in the looks that I like. I will say we are totally on the same page about dressing. I dress to go out dressed up to socialize, period. I only dress up partially when I am testing out new outfits or looks, and sometimes am brazen enough to go out in hybrid mode to grab something to eat or whatever, but that is rare.

When clubbing, I have seen many women wearing pretty revealing attire. I see them as women who have the looks and are cool with showing off their beautiful bodies. Some try to apply some meaning beyond that, and I have never subscribed to that kind of thinking. If you have the looks, flaunting those looks is fine by me. It is not necessary a fetish in my eyes, but I do love to see an attractive female form whether on others or myself.

Sandi

It is for me, and I accept it, even embrace it - Miriam Webster defines "fetish' as the following:

1: a strong and unusual need or desire for something He has a fetish for secrecy.
    2 : a need or desire for an object, body part, or activity for sexual excitement a shoe/foot/leather fetish

Perhaps because I am still relatively new to this activity, I enjoy a strong sensual pleasure when I dress fully - that seems to fit #2. Perhaps for some this edge has diminished, but I'm not there at all. I'm still in the early go as it were.
    I also desire to dress up and take great pleasure in that, even when I dress partially, or am just practicing putting on makeup. or shopping on Amazon. That fits #1

Initially, I took issue with the word "unusual" - but I can accept that too. Our activity is not usual, but again that's OK. It's totally harmless, and gives great pleasure and release to the participant and for me at least great psychological benefit. The word has a negative connotation I guess, but I don't accept it in our case.
    Last edited by Kris Burton; 01-29-2022 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Woring change for clarity

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    I think that there was a level of fetish involved in the earlier years. The wearing of various lingerie (and whatever else I could mustre the courage to purchase) that I would see and feel on girls (the ones I dated, of course) would bring me to a boil at times for certain.

Then there were many years that I, too, would wear my favourite outfits whenever the opportunity presented itself. If I awoke early I'd put on some panties, satin pjs, a gown and some slippers. Wife is out for a few hours then on went a blouse, skirt and heels. She's staying late at work then maybe a dress and such. If she is home for extended times then I'd underdress to a degree and do this even to go to the grocers or elsewhere.

In recent years I can indeed enjoy periodical fetish moments yet for the lion's share of my dressing time I simply enjoy what I'm wearing, how it all feels and looks, how it drapes and such. My true hope is that as the years progress and the fires gradually fade that I continue to enjoy wearing such things just because I do enjoy it. It's just a part of who I am.

Good post!

Banned Read only
    I relate. When I was young, 30's I found myself "grabbing crumbs of time." My wife had a nursery care job at a church and she took our kids along to Sunday school. I had about two hours to myself. Later, as I progressed I would take a "therapy" day off from work. My wife had a job and the kids were living on their own. That gave me seven hours of June Cleaver time; domestic chores, baking, laundry, etc. Now, it's all or nothing other than sleeping in a nightgown, bra and panty every night. Sleeping in a nightgown and having some time in the AM gives me about 9-10 hours a day of fem time, although a good part of it asleep.

I totally understand what you are feeling, Sherry! I have felt that over time. For me it borders on fetish but its more of an obsession. Dressing is not so much the fetish but once dressed it has turned me on to other fetishes! More like an obsestish? Or fetsession? IDK.

Banned Read only
    We tend to get hung up over the term fetish. Probably because it has been used forever to describe behavior that the vanilla world deems deviant. Is dressing a fetish, a strong desire, for many of us? Technically yes. Does this mean that there aren't 700 other reasons that compel us to dress? No. It's amazing how much time and energy we dedicate/waste to trying to understand why we do this. I spent years trying to figure it out, until I decided that it didn't matter. That I could better use that time and energy living in the moment. I don't care anymore, just like I don't care to know why people like different foods or have different hobbies, or even sexual preferences. I choose to live! In this moment. Before we get older, get sick, and die.

So, call it what you want, enjoy it, and move on. Don't try to unlock some greater meaning. Don't expect an aha moment. Just enjoy it.

I believe it's just different stages we go threw. For myself I enjoyed pantyhose and a slip for years and then just like yourself I joined here and the wigs/breast forms/jewelry and make-up started. Now I can't even imagine putting anything fem on without a wig. I can't just wear the slip and pantyhose anymore, it's almost a all or nothing, but that does change now and then. Seams like things change pretty fast when it comes to my dressing.

Aspiring Member
    It definitely is a fetish thing for me. Lately, i have not had a lot of interest in dressing. Maybe it will.come back or maybe i am in the end phase of dressing. Ive had other fetishes in the past that fizzle out. Interests change. I change. Who knows what the future holds.

And my wife is supportive and buys me things

I think it's fascinating the different paths we have all taken in our dressing. They are as varied as the flavors of ice cream at Ben and Jerry's.

For me, it's just a part of who I am.

When I was younger, I was trying to figure that out and my dressing was more impulsive. As I've gotten older and learned more about who I truly am, it has just become part of the normal me.
    Panties and bras are just my underwear. When appropriate, I add stockings and garters and heels. I have fem clothes I wear all the time and some I only wear at home.

My modest forms are unobtrusive enough that I can wear them out and not be too obvious.

I dress because it's me.
    Different life choice and different circumstances, I'd honestly probably transition but that's just not in the cards for me, so I make due with what I have.

Back to the ice cream analogy, I like Rocky Road, what's your flavor?
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I totally understand what you are feeling, Sherry! I have felt that over time. For me it borders on fetish but its more of an obsession. Dressing is not so much the fetish but once dressed it has turned me on to other fetishes! More like an obsestish? Or fetsession? IDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    We tend to get hung up over the term fetish. Probably because it has been used forever to describe behavior that the vanilla world deems deviant. Is dressing a fetish, a strong desire, for many of us? Technically yes. Does this mean that there aren't 700 other reasons that compel us to dress? No. It's amazing how much time and energy we dedicate/waste to trying to understand why we do this. I spent years trying to figure it out, until I decided that it didn't matter. That I could better use that time and energy living in the moment. I don't care anymore, just like I don't care to know why people like different foods or have different hobbies, or even sexual preferences. I choose to live! In this moment. Before we get older, get sick, and die.
    So, call it what you want, enjoy it, and move on. Don't try to unlock some greater meaning. Don't expect an aha moment. Just enjoy it.
    Thank u, Karren and Monica, for your prescient posts. While I didn't post this thread to ague about what is or isn't a fetish? U may prefer to call what u do a compulsion or obsession. That's fine. I openly admit mine's, to some degree, a fetish!

So, if female clothes blow your hair back, whether it's the feel, look, or just the thot that you're somehow more female? Some folks mite consider that to be fetishistic!

My point was; I don't bother to just put on a few fem things because that does NOTHING for me anymore. Whether it used to be a "compulsion", "addiction, or "fetish" doesn't matter.
    I just don't feel the need to do that now!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-30-2022 at 02:47 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by NancySue View Post
    Ditto Debbie Denier. I so enjoy the comfort, feelings, pampering, and the whole process. I just flat out enjoy wearing women?s clothes and do. Dressing is in my daily routine.
    This is how I would describe my dressing. I love beautiful lingerie and how it makes me look & feel, but don't consider it a fetish.

I too enjoy wearing feminine attire, it works for me as it clearly does for the majority here.
    This "fetish" narrative is getting old...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

My dressing started out as a fetish when I was much younger. Now, as my signature states, I just enjoy wearing women clothing for the styles and fabrics. As I have aged, my dressing also matured into taking better care of myself.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.

From the Merriam-Webster on-line dictionary:
    Essential Meaning of fetish
    1: a strong and unusual need or desire for something
    He has a fetish for secrecy.
    2: a need or desire for an object, body part, or activity for sexual excitement
    a shoe/foot/leather fetish
    3: an object that is believed to have magical powers
    He wore a fetish to ward off evil spirits.

I'm guessing based upon the 1st meaning, it could be considered a fetish for me. The 2nd and 3rd definitions do not apply in my case. I definitely have a strong desire to wear women's lingerie and clothing. And, I would agree it is rather unusual. The desire to wear lingerie certainly isn't uncommon; but, it isn't as common among men as wearing a sport coat and a tie. So, from that point I would say it is a fetish. All that said, I suspect most people think of sexual fetishes when they think of fetishes. If that was the intent of the original question, then it is not a fetish for me.

A good example is what's happening right now. I spent the better part of 4 hours putting together a piece of office furniture I had ordered and delivered. When I finished the task, all I wanted to do was sit down and relax. So, that's what I'm doing. But, because my wife is still awake and with me in the family room, I'm wearing my panties, stockings, bralette, and inserts under my male socks, long slacks, and sport shirt. When I finished that task I so wanted to take my male clothing off and relax wearing one of my dresses. I find it 100% relaxing to be dressed in Heather's clothing rather than this old man's clothes.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Thank's for your post, Heather. And, for mentioning some other words that crossdressers preferred to that terribly upsetting "F" word!

Other girls here also find woman's clothes more, "comfortable" or "relaxing", than men's things!

And, I hope everyone reading this realizes we r discussing crossdressers? As those of u who feel like women would naturally wear women's clothes for reasons NOT mentioned in this thread!

I think it is difficult to reduce complex behaviour down to labels. For me fetish is certainly part of what is going on and so is autogynaphilia if I understand the term correctly. I think I am also somewhere on the autistic spectrum and that has something to do with it as well. I also find wearing woman's clothing relaxing and more comfortable. In the end it is just part of who I am and after many years of agonising over it I am learning to accept my self. I am so fortunate to have a wife who loves ME, all of me, and accepts me just as I am. I really feel for those of you who are not in that position.

I had to lookup the definition of the word "Fetish" to see if it meant a sexual obsession with something. It can but In the case of CDing I don't think the sexual aspect applies. Unless one is getting sexually excited in the process which would make tucking extremely difficult.
    My son was concerned that his fetish of wearing soft female underwear would cause him to become trans like me. He said he only wore them for sexual gratification and that once the act was concluded he felt guilty about it. I assured him that there was nothing wrong with him. A lot of young men do that. It doesn't make you become trans or want to CD.
    Last edited by dawnmarrie1961; 01-31-2022 at 04:46 AM.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.