Thread: Pink fog rolled over me today

Pink fog rolled over me today

Here I was walking down the street today. I was having a conversation in my head with my friend as I was walking to her house. When I hang out with her I can slip into some femme clothing while we chat. Anyways as I am walking I was thinking I will go put on my heels and some sparkly leggings that I have. Then the pink fog rolled over me my knees buckled and I was overwhelmed to put on my nude stockings and with my skirt and of course my heels. My friend laughed at me as I described the pink fog. I snapped this picture to capture the look.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Jade, The FOG is like that sometimes. Glad you have a friend to hang out with and just be you.

I was definitely surrounded by a cloud of it the other day - it's the only explanation I can think of for why I suddenly decided to go into a store and buy some makeup while dressed as Wendy. My previous outings had all been either in quiet parks etc, or in 'stealth mode', underdressed but mostly presenting as a somewhat femme male.
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 02-01-2022 at 06:36 PM.

Jade, The pink fog will hit you in the most unexpected ways.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 02-02-2022 at 07:45 AM.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U blame the "fog" for your knees buckling, Jade?

Odd. I usually have my 5" spike heels to blame!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene Robertson View Post
    Hi Jade, The FOG is like that sometimes. Glad you have a friend to hang out with and just be you.
    She is the best kind of friend. Because my wife doesn't want to see it. I keep my femme stuff at her house.

I often wish there was a foghorn to warn me when it is arriving. But either my hearing is poor or there isn't one. But I know exactly what you mean as in the past it would sometimes last for days on end.

Now that I am settled in to where I am quite comfortable with my mixed identity, pink fog is rare. So, I think pink fog is a result of an imbalance in your identity and your brain is encouraging yourself to drift around and experiment to help balance things out better and be the person that is most consistent with the neural networks that define your sense of self or personal identity. It can take a long time to get to that point and a lot of sometimes fun and sometime unnerving episodes of the fog. But who said learning is easy?

Just respond as sensibly as you can and see what happens in this trial and error process of finding your comfort zone.

"The Infamous...Pink Fog". I recently was made aware of this term; I could see it in the intensity of More and More frequency of CD dressing. I didn't understand it, it was JUST happening!; so, now I reflect back with more understanding that this occasionally happens from time-to-time, with Many CD'ers. I guess that I can Further relate that I also go through phases when I Feel More Feminine that at other times. When I do enter the "Feminine Phase" I tend to wear more dressy attire (it's been a while, I'm in a Funk right now).
    We're Not so Different
    Hope that you have a Blessed day

Revelation!!! New term "femme"
    Last edited by Kay Adams GG; 02-02-2022 at 09:02 AM. Reason: additional comment

Hi Ladyjade,

You are lucky, that is a relatively mild case of the fog. When it hits me , I have spontaneously attached my large breast forms under a clingy shirt and gone into an Applebee?s to have lunch where someone I know could easily spot me. Not to mention other similar activities.

Sometimes the risks we take because of the pink fog are quite extreme.

Sandi

I'm probably more gender fluid than a crossdresser. I don't really experience the full blown pink fog. It's more like high tide. The pink tide comes in and the pink tide goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Adams View Post
    "The Infamous...Pink Fog". I recently was made aware of this term; I could see it in the intensity of More and More frequency of CD dressing. I didn't understand it, it was JUST happening!; so, now I reflect back with more understanding that this occasionally happens from time-to-time, with Many CD'ers. I guess that I can Further relate that I also go through phases when I Feel More Feminine that at other times. When I do enter the "Feminine Phase" I tend to wear more dressy attire (it's been a while, I'm in a Funk right now).
    We're Not so Different
    Hope that you have a Blessed day

Revelation!!! New term "femme"
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I woke up the other day without the pink fog. That worried me, because about the only time I don't have the pink fog is when I'm sick. But I went to my closet and put on a cute dress, and ahhh...

The pink fog was back!
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

The fog rolled in again for me late last summer. I was in a relationship that kept the fog at bay, even for a few months after it ended. During that time, I did the UNTHINKABLE! I purged yet again. Guess what? I WANT ALL THAT STUFF BACK!!! ... Well, that ain't gonna happen, so I have spent way too much time shopping on ThredUp, Swap, Shein, and Poshmark rebuilding the next collection of purge items.

Anywhere else I should be looking online?

I haven't been on this site since 2020, so hello again, gurls!
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

What do you think causes the pink fog? Sometimes I put on the bra, panty, pantyhose, dress and heels and I don't feminine. I feel like "this is weird." However, when the pink fog hits me, I sleep with my bra/breastforms and a nightgown my wife bought me and will fully dress except for make-up/wig around the house. Once I told my wife I was going to put on a skirt and heels and then came back wearing my guy clothes. She asked, "thought you were going to change?" I replied i did but it didn't feel right. She said, "Oh, no pink fog, uh?"
    Tina

Has the pink fog ever hit you in the middle of the night? It did to me last evening, at about 1:30 in the morning. I lay in bed wide awake for the longest time, before finally giving in, getting up putting on the new dress I got just the other day, and dressing fully. I stayed up until dawn, mosty online shopping, logged into crossdressers.com, and nothing much else in particular but being very well dressed feeling quite femme while doing it. I've been draggin' all day, but I'm really happy.
    Last edited by Kris Burton; 02-13-2022 at 04:15 PM. Reason: rewording

I had never heard of the pink fog until I recently joined this site. I thought yeah, I think I have experienced that a time or two but hadn't realized it at the time or knew that there was a term for it.

At 2AM this morning I woke and suddenly found myself wide awake. I really wanted to go back to sleep. An hour later I just decided to get up as I wasn't getting back to sleep. A short time later I am on the forum. I am going to be home alone for a few days for the first time in quite a while. I am also expecting a package with some new clothing today! I think it must be the fog that has hit me.

Ah, the Pink Fog or whatever one calls those unexpected, variable intensity times that sometimes do make your knees buckle and take your breath away, especially while slipping hose on freshly shaved, lotioned legs. The mysteries of life.