Today I went shopping en-femme for the very first time.

I had planned to go to the park as Wendy today and have lunch. So I bought a burger and a coffee, went to the park and changed in the car. I wore a black top, black & white patterned skirt, pull-ups and sandals, and my auburn wig - and my new forms of course. Went into the park and sat on the grass eating my lunch, and then went for a walk to look at the roses. There were a few people there, walking their dogs or watching their kids playing in the kids' playground. No-one gave me a second glance.

But while eating lunch I noticed that my toenails needed a trim, and the polish was chipped. I had planned to buy some nail-polish remover, but had forgotten. I didn't want to get changed again as I was enjoying myself, and thought that since it was a Sunday afternoon there probably wouldn't be a lot of people in town. There wasn't. So I decided to go and get some. I found a park right outside the store I wanted, braced myself, and just walked in.

I browsed till I found what I wanted - I bought the remover, another bottle of nail-polish, a stick of concealer to cover my tattoos, and a stick of lippy. Then when I headed to the checkout I realised I'd left my purse in the car. So - back to the car to retrieve it, went back and paid, and left the store. No funny looks there either. I then walked up and down the block for a while, window-shopping, then headed home via another change in the car.

My heart was in my mouth most of the time, and my adrenaline levels were probably off the scale - but it went far better than I could have hoped. I wore my covid mask, which did help me feel more comfortable and less worried about being seen by someone I knew. I feel as if I've really achieved something, and am so happy.