Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG! I Did It!!

OMG! I Did It!!

Today I went shopping en-femme for the very first time.

I had planned to go to the park as Wendy today and have lunch. So I bought a burger and a coffee, went to the park and changed in the car. I wore a black top, black & white patterned skirt, pull-ups and sandals, and my auburn wig - and my new forms of course. Went into the park and sat on the grass eating my lunch, and then went for a walk to look at the roses. There were a few people there, walking their dogs or watching their kids playing in the kids' playground. No-one gave me a second glance.

But while eating lunch I noticed that my toenails needed a trim, and the polish was chipped. I had planned to buy some nail-polish remover, but had forgotten. I didn't want to get changed again as I was enjoying myself, and thought that since it was a Sunday afternoon there probably wouldn't be a lot of people in town. There wasn't. So I decided to go and get some. I found a park right outside the store I wanted, braced myself, and just walked in.

I browsed till I found what I wanted - I bought the remover, another bottle of nail-polish, a stick of concealer to cover my tattoos, and a stick of lippy. Then when I headed to the checkout I realised I'd left my purse in the car. So - back to the car to retrieve it, went back and paid, and left the store. No funny looks there either. I then walked up and down the block for a while, window-shopping, then headed home via another change in the car.

My heart was in my mouth most of the time, and my adrenaline levels were probably off the scale - but it went far better than I could have hoped. I wore my covid mask, which did help me feel more comfortable and less worried about being seen by someone I knew. I feel as if I've really achieved something, and am so happy.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Congrats, Nothing like that first step out in the real world. No holding you back now, the world didn't end either.

Well done Wendy, I too ventured out for the first time last year and my experience was similar to yours. One thing that was identical to your trip was that no one cared or even looked at me. Act like a woman, dress sensibly and you'll pass. My only exception is my voice, I've never tried to change it and when asked by shop assistants if I need help, I politely reply in my normal voice. And still no one cares.

Well done to you! I still don't have courage to venture into crowded places. I've been out in the car and to quiet areas a couple of times but nothing more. Maybe one day!

Platinum Member
    Congratulations on a successful first shopping trip.

Wendy-lyn, Congrats on enter a store en-femme. The covid mask does give that feeling of anonymity that allows you to feel more confident.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Congrats Wendy!! I hope this gives you more confidence to go out more often, your heart drops back down to where it belongs, and you never lose the excitement of being out and about as Wendy! I am so happy you were finally able to experience what it is like! Take some pictures next time to share with us!

You did it Wendy - you're out and about! No turning back now-congrats!

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Way to go, Wendy! I know how nerve-wracking it is to go out for the first time en femme, I remember that well..... The first time I did it was a little over two years ago. But as time goes on and you do it more and more, it'll become like second nature to you and you'll be wondering: "Why in the WORLD didn't I do this sooner?!" (if you're not already wondering that). LOL

But, sounds like you had a good outing and I hope you have a lot more!
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

congrats wendy, sounds like an exciting day

The fun and excitement always starts with that first step. Continue to have fun and stay safe.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Hi Wendy

Congratulations! Shopping can be one of the safer activities for going out dressed.

Marion

Congratulations. I"m not near that brave.
    So many new things to learn

Way to go! Your experience reminds me of my first time going out. Heartbeat and adrenaline. Congratulations. You?ve opened up a whole new world from which you?ll never go back. Enjoy.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    It is scary the first time in public as female for us .
    However, once you realize that no one will laugh, point etc at you and just treat you as another woman, all your fears will disappear.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 01-31-2022 at 01:14 AM. Reason: spelling

Great first outing - easy to forget your purse if you are not used to wearing one

Congratulations Wendy. You are a braver girl than me.

Wow congrats!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I'M not THAT Brave (or "foolish"?) to try it myself.----Good for you! However, I never felt the NEED to go out ANYWAY. The only TWO times I have went out dressed was for my adult Sunday school Halloween party, and later A "womanless Beauty contest", both a few years ago. I felt "justified" because I had "legit reasons". I will have to admit it DID give me an interesting "BUZZ".---but still not enough for me actually WANT to go out dressed for no obvious reason. While I might look good in my pictures, I can't seem to make myself "move" right, and I AM also sort of big. ("scaled-up")

Cool experience Wendy...you're officially a seasoned veteran....that all it takes.
    A little "Leap of Faith" and confidence goes a long way to being a accepting female in public.
    Put a camera in your purse and capture these moments and keep the pictures no matter how you think they look.
    In the future you will look back on all of this and realize...."You come a long way baby!"
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Well done Wendy, it must have felt great! I'm definitely not that brave yet, maybe one day! I was working away from home a few months ago, which gave me a fantastic opportunity to dress at nights, and I did go for a walk one night fully dressed, but I was way out in the countryside and I was 99% sure that no one was around, was still a bit of a thrill though!

OMG!!! Wendy, that is absolutely fabulous. You had to have experienced a tremendous adrenaline rush. I'd like to live vicariously thru you because I just don't see myself ever going out in public. The 3 questions I have to ask and hope you will answer.

1. Have you done any practice on changing your voice or did you simply speak in your normal voice? The reason I ask is because I have a very deep voice and know there is no way I could alter the pitch enough to not give myself away.
    2. Have you practiced walking in female mode so you wouldn't walk like a linebacker? I don't know if I could master a more feminine walk. Maybe with practice........
    3. Had you put on makeup or didn't you use any? I've just started putting on makeup in the late evenings and I know this will be a long process to get it anywhere near reasonable.

Anyway, I have never intended to go out en femme; but, your experience sure makes me want to consider it and also makes me a tad bit jealous.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Heather, I haven't tried to alter my voice, but I do speak more softly and try to use less of an 'Aussie male' kind of speech. I'm working on the walk, and am not too bad in flats, but I bought a pair of shoes with 2" platform heels last week and they are diabolical to walk in. I'm only wearing them around the unit until I feel more confident in them.
    For makeup, I used some concealer to cover my visible tattoos, and applied a little lipstick, and that was all. My painted toenails were visible as I was wearing my sandals, and I wore a bracelet, an anklet, and a silver neck-chain.
    One lesson I did learn, though, is this - as a video camera my phone makes a great phone. The video I shot with it was a disaster.
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 01-31-2022 at 12:01 AM.

Those first trips out are certainly special even with the high anxiety levels. It is certainly something you will never forget. So imagine how great it will feel to have the same enjoyment, but lose the anxiety. After you go out enough, you will still use caution, but your stress level will drop significantly so please keep that in mind.

Glad you got to experience it. It is a lot of fun for sure.

Sandi

And the world did not end. Congratulations on your awesome achievement
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!