Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG! I Did It!!

So happy for you. Going out is such a great experience.

Well done Wendy. I am not brave enough yet but hopefully one of these days.

-Remee

Congratulations Wendy! The moment you realize you are out there doing what you always wanted is just magical. I hope you get a lot more opportunities to do it again. I have only went out two times and I absolutely love it. Unforgettable experience.

Platinum Member
    From one Wendy to another Wendy very nice

Congratulations, Wendy! Don't forget your purse next time! Most women carry theirs around as a matter of course.

One thing you didn't mention: did you SPEAK during the transaction at the checkout? I've hardly been out very much myself, but a couple of times I've bought things in a grocery store while dressed. Luckily I was able to get by at the checkout without opening my mouth. I may possibly have "passed," but I knew my voice would give me away. If you had to speak, that was all the more daring!

I did, Lori, yes.
    But I did speak more softly and slowly, and tried to avoid any typical 'Aussie male' aspects of my speech. And no slang.

Wendy-Lyn, congrats on getting out! It gets easier every time! I was where you are now and am now out 24/7/365! Get out there and enjoy! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

OK, this outing to buy makeup seems to have started something both exhilarating and wonderful.

Since that trip I've been out several times. Twice I went en-femme to my local KFC drive-thru then went and ate in a park, and just yesterday did the same at McDonalds as I was on my way to visit the grave of my mother and brother. I was dressed to blend, so felt fairly comfortable. There were no flowers so I went to a store and bought some, then went back and placed them on the grave. I got called 'Darl' and 'Hon' by two separate GGs at Maccas, which felt good.

On a darker note, I then went to enjoy my hobby of photographing and videoing trains (I'm a former railwayman and life-long railfan). I went to a location near my town which I am very familiar with, got out of the car and started to walk to my usual vantage point close to a main highway. Suddenly I realised just how vulnerable I was there, as a woman on her own.

I went straight back to the car and left, and went to a more woman-friendly location in town.

Here is a pic of me placing the flowers on Mum's grave.

DSCN8286.MP4_snapshot_01.29.589a.jpg

Lovely way to honor both your mother's memory AND your feminine self - at the same time.

Kudos!

A few years back my father died and I was off work for a few weeks. One day I dressed up and went out to a national trust house. I was told I couldn?t go in with my heels because of the floors. I said I had flats in the car but I just went home.

It was a strange experience and I?m reasonably sure I was having some sort of mental break. I didn?t do it agin.

I?ve gone for a walk at night a few times but but generally, I?m terrified of it.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    1. Have you done any practice on changing your voice or did you simply speak in your normal voice? The reason I ask is because I have a very deep voice and know there is no way I could alter the pitch enough to not give myself away.
    There is an old "trick" that might help.....
    Tighten you throat a bit as if you were about to gargle.. then speak rather softly
    It will raise you pitch a bit without resorting to a falsetto.
    Practice this at home a bit so it becomes second nature for you when interacting in public as a female .

I read somewhere that if you raise your normal boy voice up a 6th, that it helps, too. If you're unsure about the 6th, think about the scale:
    Do - Re - Mi - Fa - Sol - La

You want to raise your normal voice to La.

Went out again this morning, flying my drone. Got clocked by these two guys who pulled up close to where I was flying from, but had a pleasant interaction with them anyway - they were more interested in the drone than in the old CDer flying it.

DJI_0041.MP4_snapshot_04.27.879.jpg

That's great! Going out in public in retrospect is one of the bravest things I've ever done! I am sure that's was the same for you! Leaving the car and walking into a store while being fully dressed! I remember my first time too! It is an truly an accomplishment to go out in public while dressed as a woman!
    Last edited by Joanne108; 03-02-2022 at 04:35 PM.

Hi Wendy!
    I am so happy for you! You go girl! I went to a coffee shop and left my purse on the table, had to go back to the table, thinking what woman would forget her purse on the table. Congratulations! I wish I could say it gets easier, but isn't that part of the trill?
    Brenda

Is that a selfie you shot from the drone? I love it! Thanks for sharing.

It is, Missy, yes.
    I made several flights at different locations around the area.
    I actually think this is a better pic, but I wanted to show the two guys in the other one.

DJI_0043.MP4_snapshot_03.39.516.jpg