Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First purchase

Official answer is while traveling for work one time in say my 40s? I was halfway across the country and alone and after a few drinks at the bar, went to a WalMart of KMart and bought 2 nightgowns. I think it was January or close to Valentine’s Day at the time and when the cashier sort of gave me a sideways look I answered with the tried and true known lie of they are for my wife for Valentine’s Day.

I went back to the hotel and tried them on excitedly. I still have them, but rarely put them on anymore.

Now, excepting those, only recently have I truly bought anything. From Amazon, 3 dresses, a pair of 3” heels and from WalMart 3 costume necklaces and a shapeware girdle with breast cups and straps that can come undone. In the past all I would do is use an old small belt of my wife’s to cinch in my gut.

That is ALL of my purchases so far.

Vanity Fair Briefs were my first purchase. For some reason I got the urge to try them and there was a VF Outlet near our house. So I took the plunge.

My first purchase was some bras, thongs, & a pair of boy short panties. Well the thongs didn't work out so well since my boys wouldn't stay in place. I gave them to my wife.

My 1st purchase back early 90s....was at Target. I wandered for awhile around the womens clothing...scared that someone might see me. Finally i grabbed a black thong leotard and realized i needed tights. So scared, but i purchased them.

Yes I do indeed. It was back in 1998. I bought a navy pleated a school skirt and then later on a black hobble skirt. The school skirt I still have unfortunately the other skirt I don't have anymore unfortunately and wish I still had it as it was so comfortable. Both of these were bought from a shop which sadly doesn't exist here in Ireland anymore.

I've always been obsessed with bridal sleepwear, and my first purchase was at 16, a gorgeous bridal satin nightgown/negligee from Dillard's and on the same day bought another one from Macy's. Heaven.

My first purchase in an actual shop was an opportunity I spotted while working away.
    There was a hardware store which I went to for bit's and pieces for work.
    The shop also sold homeware and some clothing.
    I had initially been attracted by a Doreen longline bra. On the same rack were foundation panties.
    There were some skirts and blouses too.
    I was far enough from home that I felt safe . It was a few days before I actually got the courage to stand by the rack. Check the size information on the packet.
    Put the three items, bra panties and a plain dark grey pencil skirt in a crispy cheep fabric, into the basket.
    I took everything to the till. I felt strange. Must have been obvious that the clothes were for me. I was even embarrassed that the undies were not sexy in any normal way.
    It was also the sort of shop that lacks any care. There was no second glance.
    I was handed a carrier bag.
    It was going to be another 6 hours of work before I could open the bags and try everything on.

Nowerdays I am happy to shop in charity shop, supermarket and online.

@Sandrajiggle; That's the bonus of shopping in a place away from home. There's just no consequence. So what if they think you're a crossdresser. It doesn't matter!

A blue skirt and a pink top from a small local store. I was ecstatic, needless to say! Unfortunately, I had to dump them in the trash after a few months when living arrangements didn't have any privacy to store alternative wardrobe.

My first purchase was a dress from the Salvation Army. Sadly I don't have it any longer. It probably wouldn't fit me anyway.

My first purchase was a pair of pantyhose, ca. 1978. They went the way of all pantyhose, but it gave me the confidence to continue to buy anything I wanted.

A pair of black faux leather gloves from Marks & Spencer in the UK. Probably early 80s in my early teens. I was terrified and thrilled at the same time. The gloves weren't that great quality and I ended up pinching a pair of my mums!

My first purchase would be a pair of tan pantyhose from walgreens. I was 21. I was real nervous at the time but kept telling my self to do it. The cashier was a lady in her 40s. She rang me up thinking she was gonna say something but no, not a word at all about them or a look. I was so excited when i got in the car. I do still have the pair in its package. By the way im new here and glad i found this website.

Mine was in 1969, I was 17. My girlfriend called my up and asked me to pick her up a pair of pantyhose on the way over to her house. We were going over to her grandmothers for a Christmas party. So I stopped by the local grocery store and bought 2 pair of L'eggs in suntan, one for her and one for me. L'eggs had just come out a few months earlier. The cashier gave me a strange look but even back then I could care less what people thought. Pretty sure her pair didn't make it through the night! We were rough on pantyhose!

Do I still have them? Who the hell has 53 year old pantyhose laying around? lol Since then I have grown to hate pantyhose. Thigh Highs or nothing!
    Last edited by Karren H; 03-18-2022 at 10:28 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Oh Karren, you bad girl ruining that girls pantyhose, LOL

Phose, Nice story, welcome aboard! I recommend letting us know something about yourself in the introduction forum at the top.
    Crissy

Its been so long I don't remember but it never scared me to buy any female items.
    I have never cared what others thought. Well maybe when I was a teenager.

I was 24 years old and in the Army at a training course at Fort McClellan, AL. I ended up buying two Playtex bras at a mini post exchange one afternoon. I bought two because for some reason I thought I would give myself away by just buying one. I was terrified that someone would question what I was doing, but no one seemed notice, or if they did they didn?t say anything.