Thread: Flying Pink

Banned Read only

Flying Pink

Long Post Alert!

For the first time in a long time, I am traveling for work. Today, I am in Florida and have a couple of meetings to attend. However, I had the fabulous opportunity to travel as Monica yesterday, and that was a lot of fun. Talk about pink fog overload! As soon as I got past the TSA checkpoint, I found my way to a restroom and changed into my travel gear. Comfy oversized sweater, leggings, and my favorite 4" pumps. Yes, heels aren't exactly comfortable footwear for traveling but there's something very intoxicating about the clicking of heels on those perfect, mirror-like airport floors. Plus, I look great in them. LOL. There's something quite scary and taboo about changing in an airport bathroom. My heart was racing and I loved every minute of it. With makeup and hair on point, and my drab wear safely put away in the carryon, I was ready to fly.

After spending a small fortune on a bottle of water and chips, I found a seat near the gate and sat there marveling at the opportunity to travel dressed - in the middle of the afternoon. The thought of bumping into someone I know was exciting but, alas, I didn't see anyone I knew among the throngs of travelers waiting around. The young woman at the gate who scanned my boarding pass gave me one of those condescending smiles that you often get when someone has clocked you. I smiled back.

Once on the plane, I ended up next to a very kind-looking older woman who started chatting the minute I sat down. Goodness! She simply would not stop. I spent the next 90 minutes hearing all about her kids, grandkids, kitchen remodel, opinions on Biden, vaccines, and the weather. She did pause once to ask me if I had kids, lol. When I was finally able to break free, after maybe 90 minutes, I went to the bathroom, took several deep breaths and headed back. She had a book open and I told her I was going to take a quick nap. I was able to fend off her verbal assault for most of the remaining flight time, although she did get in a few quips about all the lazy people who don't want to work anymore and the economy. Whew!

Once on the ground in Tampa, I was on my way to the hotel in an Uber when the driver, a guy my age with a heavy accent, asked me where I was from. I told him Boston and he went into a tirade about David Ortiz getting into the hall of fame, and then told me about the year he spent living in Massachusetts, blah blah blah. It was painful. Then came the moment of truth. It was clear from his facial expression in the mirror that he had wrestled with this one. He asked me if I was a man or a woman! I laughed and said, oh babe, I am 100% a man! The look on his face was priceless. He started fumbling with words, said that he did not mean any disrespect and that I looked very good. I just smiled and said, no worries love. It's all good! That quieted things down for the remainder of the ride.

After checking into the hotel, I showered and pampered myself, and changed into an off-white shirtdress that was so appropriate for the weather (mid 60s). Paired it up with my favorite strappy heels and headed out on the town. The guy at the front desk recommended a waterfront restaurant nearby, and it was wonderful to take a short evening stroll in nice weather while wearing a beautiful outfit. I was in heaven.

Solo dinner was nice. The drinks were nice, including one that was sent over by a particularly hideous man sitting at the bar. I smiled from afar in appreciation and left it at that. After dinner, I headed back to the hotel, exhausted.

As I write this, I am staring at my costume for today: gray suit, blue tie, and black oxfords. Looking forward to tonight!
    Last edited by MonicaPVD; 02-02-2022 at 09:39 AM.

Monica - thanks for the detailed story of your trip - it made my morning! Makes so much of the chore of having to travel for work fun - even something to look forward to. This the way to do it! Nice handling of those that read you also. If you can, pictures might be fun.

Sounds like a good trip so far

Cool story Monica. So how long are you going to be in Tampa? If you were going to stay over on Friday night, The Castle is a really cool place to dress up and go to. I had a blast there. A very accepting place.

Sandi

Banned Read only
    Sandi - Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I head home Friday afternoon. I'll have to check out The Castle on a future trip.

I love it!

I wish I had the balls to do it! On the other hand you have the ability to blend in. That isn't happening with me!

Banned Read only
    Thank you, love. One's success blending in is determined by your attitude and the casual observer's indifference, lack of awareness, or tolerance. With that in mind, anyone can blend in or stick out, regardless of what they may look like.

Great story, happy you were able to dress while traveling

Nice story....hope you enjoy your trip. From one Massachusetts girl to another.
    Julianna Frances

glad you had a great time,

Monica thank you for sharing, sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love how you handled everything with confidents.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Monica, Sounds like a great trip and outings. So nice to mix business and some pleasure. Thanks for sharing, look forward to hearing about your next trip.

Wonderful story Monica. You write well and I could easily visualize. The events in the Uber could be used as part of a scene in a movie. You dealt with that fellow well. Reminds me of something that might happen in the TV show Rizzoli and Isles from years ago.

Platinum Member
    Traveling pink sounds lovely. Enduring the endless, uninvited prattle sounds perfectly awful. But the prattle might have happened even if you had been in drab, so its a win! Enjoy your stay!

Monica, Sounds like a great trip so far. Pro-tip, noise cancelling headphones for noisy seat mate.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Fun trip for the most part. As alwayshave just advised, I bring noise cancelling headphones with me when I fly, which is an instant "I don't want to talk" indicator.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Monica

We need more details.

How did you get your forms and all past security?
    Did you use a men's bathroom? Go in male, come out female. Or a women's bathroom. Maybe you found a family bathroom.

I've never flew en femme, but I've thought a lot about it. I got spooked the first time I thought seriously about it. It turned out that a male work colleague was on the same flight as me.

Once I went en homme, with the idea that I would have some en femme days while working. I decided to take my forms in my carry-on bag, because I knew tht they would show up on X-ray. I wanted to be their went they were inspected, and not have them pulled from my checked bag and just tossed out.

So going through security, I saw my bag going back and forth through the X-ray machine. I talked to the TSA guy, and told him there were breast forms in my bag. I had thoroughly researched the TSA rules and I knew I could legally carry them on and I knew that I had the right to demand a private inspection. But, as soon as I told the TSA guy, he actually asked me if I wanted a private inspection. So me, my bags and him went to a private room and he got to inspect the forms. We had to take the whole suitcase apart to get to them. He even gave me a few minutes to re-pack my bag. overall, he was very professional.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Steffi,

The TSA screener guy searched my carry on, took a good look at my breastplate (with a very straight face) without removing it or making a scene, and zipped everything back up. No questions asked.

Family bathroom! I have gotten pretty good at changing quickly, so I was in and out in less than 15 minutes, including makeup. I have flown dressed three times in the past, including once when I was able to arrive dressed, once using the family bathroom, as well as once changing in the men's bathroom (lots of stares, lol).

Clearly, this is not for everyone. I really enjoy the thrill and apparent risk of it all. In reality, no one really cares. Everyone is in a hurry or in their own little world.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Just to clarify, I invert my breastplate when packing it. Thus, if it gets pulled out, it's not immediately identifiable as a pair of perky boobs.

I would think and air port is one of the safest places to dress. Good security, and generally everyone is in a bit of a hurry. Also everyone is there for the same reason. Roaming the streets, more so in the evenings, you can run into people with nothing better to do than cause problems. Not likely once you get through airport security.

Me and my wife travel quite a bit... I always make sure our boarding passes are marked TSA-Pre.. well worth it as the security lines are much shorter and usually no hand checking of bags.

Banned Read only
    Thank you, everyone, for all the kind words and poz energy. Danielle, I too have precheck but, if they see something unusual in the bag, they're going to take a look. Headed back home now.

We flew to Hawaii to visit our daughter. We got in line and the guy checking tickets said you two are pre-check, over there and pointed to the pre-check line. I never knew it existed, no clue how we got pre-check. Afterwards I looked into it, and was seriously confused. The only explanation I have is someone must have clicked the wrong box when we bought tickets!

Banned Read only
    Love, sometimes the airlines randomly add the precheck mark to people who aren't in the program. I wonder if that is a way to manage foot traffic at the tsa checkpoint or a marketing strategy to get more people to sign up for precheck.

Monica.....your trip sounds amazing! I've always wanted to fly pretty but of course the plane had coworkers as we would be traveling to the same area. I also used to be so worried about just even wearing heels and today, I would do it in a heartbeat because it is me and I have nothing to be ashamed of. I guess spending a year going to those Femmefever parties here helped me with going out, culminating in my wife attending the Christmas party in 2019. Then sadly, covid hit and everything shut down and up to now, we just finished a surge of omicron that is going away quickly. Maybe soon Maria will be out again!