Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much money?

A big chunk of my spend goes on the week away I take every year as Helen. Accommodation costs, travel take up a significant part of my yearly spend.

As I don't get to go out other times at present apart from the odd occasion when opportunity arises, I keep my clothing spend fairly low throughout the year. I do keep my eye open for things on sale that are too good to miss but if there's something I feel would improve my wardrobe I try to save buying it until I can go out in person enfemme. Limited storage space also plays a role here.

So, how much in total? I'd guess that ?600 per year all in does for me so clothing accounts for a little over a couple of hundred for me. I could afford to spend more but as I say I can't see the point of having clothes I can't wear. I'd rather spend on slightly better quality than quantity.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Don't really keep track. All I'm sure of is I live by this sentiment:

“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six , result happiness.
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery”
    Wilkins Micawber
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Since the first item I bought was about thirty years ago.
    Now I've two suitcases cram packed with almost everything I've bought. I've not thrown alot away.
    Lots of my stuff is second hand or bought in sales. A few special items like boobs at ?70, a nice corset at ?35 , wigs never more than?20.
    The whole lot for insurance purposes might be ?1500. So around fifty pounds a year. I've got enough to completely dress with a few different complete outfits.
    My wife knows but I am not out.

Looking over my credit card annual reports I seem to be spending around US$1000 per year on Vivian. That's not bad compared to some of my other hobbies. The correct number of either bicycles or dresses to own is n+1, where n is the number you have now. Bikes are more expensive than dresses, by and large...

My spending on women's clothes came up this morning in our house.

My wife usually does the laundry, but I work from home so I have been doing the safe stuff, darks. So, this morning she does the whites. I see the dried clothes on our bed for folding and she casually mentions that she has put my NoN man clothes in the spare room for me to put away. I think that I do not put Natalies clothes in the laundry, I take care of the myself. "What clothes" I asked. Go see. So, I looked and I do not recognize nor are they my size. Too small. These are not mine I told her.

That started a big discussion about then I must be having women over while I am at work. Or something totally ridiculous. After being told that I am Gaslighting Her. You know trying to make her think she is crazy. Then her going to my closet and counting my shoes, 12 pair. She did not count my dresses, skirts or tops. But the closet is filling up. (I may need more room but that is another story). Well maybe the clothes are from your Son that was here for 2 weeks? Impossible was the retort, (He came out gay 10 years ago but I know better than to connect that fact with CDing. Thank you very much).

After about a half an hour strong back and forth, I realized that the folks across the street gave my wife 5 bags of clothes they were going to donate. 99% percent of the clothes was perfect for 1 year to 5 year old kids clothes.
    So, after being called a liar I asked about those donated clothes. Do you think there might have been 2 Tee shirt style women's clothes in the bag that you possibly did not see when you washed all those kids clothes last week.

Ahh light starts to come on.

I am sorry, that must have been it, she said.

Why would I buy women's tee shirts? "The last thing I would do is to buy plain women's clothes. You know I like to really dress up fully. Do you want to see a photo?
    At times I really surprise myself that I look great and not like a man in a dress. Other days I feel like I fell face first in the makeup counter. " I told her that I am many things. The one thing that I am not is a liar.

She kissed me and said in passing that I have better makeup and newer clothes than her. I let sleeping dogs lie on that comment.
    Last edited by Natalie5004; 02-05-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VivianNewkirk View Post
    Looking over my credit card annual reports I seem to be spending around US$1000 per year on Vivian. That's not bad compared to some of my other hobbies. The correct number of either bicycles or dresses to own is n+1, where n is the number you have now. Bikes are more expensive than dresses, by and large...
    Change bicycle to motorcycle and it gets a bit worse! Well, maybe, depending on your taste in bicycles! But then a year ago I had $60,000 worth of motorcycles in my garage, at least what I paid for them! I sold two last spring, two that I didn't ride much. When I was plush with the excess cash my wife asked me what I was going to do with all the money? Go clothes shopping for my female side I told her! actually I bought windows and siding for our house!

If I allow what I have spent in the last 16 months on dresses (5), shoes (4), make-up, stockings, leggings (2), and jewelry; I think the total would be approaching $300, and that would be more than I have spent in all the years before. I do this on the cheap.

Wow not a question I want my wife to see lol. I buy more women items than men. I'm retired so I have everything I need male wise. however, a woman never has enough cloths The worse question would be how much you have spent, after 55 years of crossdressing I would be afraid to add it all up (if I even could lol)

Lots and lots! I do not really keep track but over the last 20 years I dare say I could have afforded to buy a new Tesla Model S or at least a couple Model 3s.

After rediscovering my femme side a couple months ago quite a bit. 5 pairs heels 1 wig. Several packs pantyhose thigh hi?s etc. a dozen or so pairs of panties. Plus skin products and an Braun hair removal tool the dollars keep rolling w plans to do some in person shopping in a week and a half and been saving for that I?ve spent somewhere between too much and not enough

Alice, Dressing is no where near my largest expenditure on optional spending. Probably vacations are my largest expenditure, with eating out coming in second.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Not too much. Most things come from eBay or sales. I even bought a wedding dress for ?35. You wouldn?t believe it if you saw it.
    Most expensive item probably breast forms at ?70ish.

I have to say that expenses for Raychel have certainly been in the thousands over the years.
    Always made sure my wife and kids had everything they wanted or needed, and the household expenses.
    After all that was done, if there was any leftover and I wanted some of my hard earned money for me.
    Then sure Raychel could have something,

Of late, Raychel's closets are pretty full, Not much need or desire for new items at the moment
    And I haven't been home to enjoy any Raychel time anyways.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I don't have a budget. Being large and tall, when I find something I like I just buy it, because I know that the likelihood of ever seeing it again are virtually nil. I used to make the mistake, 'Well, let me think about it', and then go back and whatever it is has been sold, and they have no more, and aren't going to be making any more.
    Never again. I found women's boots to fit my men's size 16 feet? Bought every color they make. Same with shoes. So now, I currently have enough shoes and clothing to last me until I'm 100 so I only buy the occasional item that seems very special to me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

sometimes_miss, it's so true that if you don't buy something you find and love right now, it won't be there when you go back. This is something quite different than men's clothing. Men's clothing, you can almost certainly find it or something almost identical. Women's? Not so much. I've learned this the hard way (missed out on a gorgeous pair of heels many years ago, and I've been looking for once like them ever since, to no avail). My wife loves that I understand this, because I encourage her to buy things when she really likes something, knowing it won't be there when she decides she wants to buy it.

Reality Check
    Well, my boobs are fairly expensive, my hip and butt padding costs a bit and then there's the wig, but all of thee things last a long time. They do wear out though. Then there are the clothes, but I buy at discount stores like Ross and of course, the clothes last a long time. I don't follow fashion trends and the most I have ever spent on a pair of shoes is about $30.

I am retired with a decent retirement income so crossdressing is not a major expense for me.
    Krisi

I don't budget for my things.
    Actually I don't think I really spend that much anymore. Maybe a thousand dollars a year if that. I have a sizable wardrobe and don't really need anything except the occasional replacement of some makeup. Unless I buy a new wig I won't be even close to that anymore.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Not a lot, but it tends to be an all or nothing kind of thing. I can spend nothing for several months, then go out and spend $300 in one weekend. Nearly everything I buy is off the clearance rack though, or inexpensive makeup/pantyhose from the grocery store. Shoes are the biggest ticket item since I never see my size on clearance or at thrift stores. And I definitely need a new wig, but I'm making do with my own hair in the meantime since I never go anywhere.

I don't have a budget so I was almost afraid to go back and look at what I spent last year. I know it has been more than I need. I tend not to buy anything expensive and I usually wait for a sale before I purchase most things. It still adds up though. It looks like it was $70 USD on men's clothing and 14x that on women's clothing. Hmmmm.

I spend a lot on female clothing, but nothing like what I spend on guitars, microphones, recording equipment, pedals, amps and cables. The most I normally spend for a dress is around $40. For a good guitar, add a couple of zeros.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

I've been dressing for so long....

I don't know at all.
    However I sold many dresses and skirts an I try to keep a balance between new clothes and those that I sell.

Everything I wear, both drab and femme, came from a thrift store, or more likely, a thrift store outlet. So, maybe $5 or $10 a week.

All of my clothes are in one of three pricepoints:
    - "cheap" stuff from online that IS cheap and doesn't last. Think $10-15 items or $20 shoes.
    - "nicer" stuff that does last but gets expensive quick. My best skirt was about $50 at Express.
    - And the best is the nice stuff that I got at a thrift store for $5-10 per item.

My first year seriously dressing I spent almost $3000, trying to move past the cheap stuff to get nicer stuff. Then I found thrift stores and that's about the only place I shop.

I don't keep track either. Just starting out with dresses, I got the cheap $6-$10 dresses on Shein and ebay until I learned what sizes I can wear. I love my 3 pair of Hanes nylon briefs for $10 just as much as I love my $30 pair of satin panties from Secrets in Lace. I prefer my $12 used VS bra over my $60 bra from SIL. I have set my limit on bidding wars on ebay over panties, they are just getting out of hand. Since my wife and I split and I live alone now, I have spent quite a bit on boobs, boots, heels and dresses. Hopefully a wig soon. I also need a new truck, so priorities may change soon.

Over the last 5 years, I spent A LOT of money on a complete new wardrobe with dresses, undergarments, and of course MORE SHOES for my collection! I actually made a walk in closet for my wife, which gives me an entire wall closet for Maria and my other things. I will say that my other things are taking up a top and bottom hanging rack of about 4' each, and there has to be over 30' of dresses and outfits that belong to Maria and my expansive shoe collection that dates back to when I first started dressing with my own things. This past September, we had a formal black tie wedding to go to and my wife STOLE my one shoulder green scuba dress gown and was a hit at the dinner! Of course I got stuck with the tux and I told her that I have a fabulous pair of Jimmy Choo's to wear but she sadly told me no .... and we still laugh how everyone complimented her on MY DRESS that I didn't even get to wear yet because the local parties were cancelled here in NY amongst other health issues in the general public.