Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do some women hate wearing a bra? I love them!

Why do some women hate wearing a bra? I love them!

So I was just wondering.... Why are there some women who do not like wearing bras? Some even who cannot wait to literally rip it right off their breasts when they get home. I myself love wearing bras, and they are my most favorite article of women's clothing to wear. Nothing makes me look and feel like a woman more than when I slip on a bra and strap my girls in. And the way it wraps around my body giving me a gentle hug feels good, and the smooth soft silky material feels good to wear. Whenever it comes time to go out somewhere and I have to take the bra off, I get a little depressed.
    To me it seems like there are quite a few women who do not like wearing bras or even hate them, saying they are uncomfortable. They do not feel the slightest bit uncomfortable to me, not one bit. Is this because I am a man and am simply wearing breast forms underneath? Would it feel different if I were a woman and had real breasts? Of course, I know that quite a few ladies out there are not wearing the correct size, and that some of them like to wear push-up bras, which can dig in to the skin in order to push up on the breasts to make them sit higher.
    Does this mean I think that bras are going to go out of style? No, I believe with all my might that they will not. No matter how many women say they hate wearing bras, some still wear them. And I believe that there is a very big market for bras too. Look how many women are willing to go into Victoria's Secret and spend $50 or more on a bra. I certainly hope they do not stop making them, I love bras so much!

Women hate them because they are usually tight and feel that they dig into the skin of their tender skin, especially their breasts. We love them because they give us 'girl tactile sensory signals' which helps quash the gender identity dysphoria that makes us feel like we're wearing the wrong clothes when we're wearing 'man clothes' (whether it's something you're aware of, or subconsciously).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I absolutely love wearing them.
    Julianna Frances

In talking with my wife about my crossdressing, one of her comments was to question how I could enjoy wearing a bra and stockings when most women she knows hates wearing them and can't wait to get home from work to get them off. I will say, I believe more women wear pantyhose than wear thigh highs and garters. I'm not a fan of pantyhose either as they always seem to be just too tight on my waist and hips. But thigh highs and garter belts or suspender stockings are absolutely wonderful to me. And bras? There isn't anything better.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I think some of it is just the female equivalent of men who dislike tighty whities. It's something that society says you have to wear so it is nice when you don't have to.
    So many new things to learn

I'm at the point where I don't feel properly dressed without one.
    I wear one all the time, and whenever I can I slip my forms in. I even sleep in a bra and forms.

Banned Read only
    To most women, a bra is a highly restrictive undergarment. To you, it's a fetish item. I'm not going to lie. I absolutely love wearing restrictive undergarments, from bras to girdles to corsets. But let's be honest, there's nothing comfortable about them. Absolutely nothing.

My wife feels that bras were designed by men for women to wear and society expects (forces) them to wear them.

My wife, too, hates wearing a bra, especially an underwire bra. Says they?re hot and uncomfortable. Same with hose. When she would come home from work, they were the first things to come off. She rarely wears high heels. For her, it?s all about comfort. While she?s totally supportive of my dressing, she doesn?t understand how I can be comfortable wearing a bra, heels and hose. I just smile. I love wearing a bra and hose. In the early days, she used to tease me about how I couldn?t wait to put on, what she couldn?t wait to take off. I have two sets of bras, all underwires, both a cups, which I fill quite nicely, and b cups, which I almost fill without forms. One of my fun decisions each morning is which bra to wear. Panties 24/7. I prefer thigh high hose.

Platinum Member
    You should have posted the question in the "Ask a GG a Question" section. In the summer my wife is quick to shed her bra and never wears hosiery. A woman actually has a mound of flesh that is trapped in a piece of fabric which generates heat, discomfort and sometimes rashes.

Other than the obvious of clothing being uncomfortable for vanity, perhaps there's another reason.

Why do so many cross dress? to escape normal adult life and if present as another gender it's more of an escape. So perhaps they drop bra's to escape back to teen years without adult roles. Just suggesting it may be a factor.

I remember reading a post from a GG saying she spent hours at a time in shoe shops, looking for the one pair of heels which fit perfectly, and were sublimely comfortable.
    I suspect the same goes for bras.
    I am fortunate to have found a couple of bras which fit perfectly. When wearing either of them, I tend to forget that I have it on.

I have to say, womens clothes are such work of art. Everything i so beautifully designed. Which goes for dresses, blouses, and skrits too of course, but maybe more than any other item, a bra. I love to put on basically everything with a feminin touch but obviously a bra is the most feminine thing to put on. And I totally agree to what you say about "the way it wraps around my body..." the feeling is wonderful.

I was just saying to my wife the other night, You take your bra off direclty when you come home from work, while I hardly can wait to put mine on.
    Everybody's got a secret sonny, something that they just can't face. Some folks spend their whole life trying to keept it, they carry it with then every step that they take. 'Till someday they just cut it loose, cut it loose or let it drag 'em down. - Well I'd say this is exactly how it is with me.

Qu: Why do some women hate wearing a bra?
    An: Because they wear them 16 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I'm afraid I'm something of an outlier on this one. I tend to agree with the GG's.

If I didn't need a bra to achieve the desired shape in my outfits, I wouldn't wear one either. They're hot. The straps can slip at the most inopportune moments. They can pinch or bind. They get itchy (I have sensitive skin). The outline can show through your top (mostly a problem for non-GG's). And honestly - I don't *need* the support in day-to-day life. Let's not even think about a strap letting go in the middle of the day!

BUT - If I want to have any hope of achieving anything resembling a feminine shape, I need them. So - I will definitely wear one if I ever go out. Just not around the house.

This works out good, since my wearing a bra is definitely one of the things on the "no way" list with my wife.
    Since (for me) they aren't that big a deal, I can live with that.

Yup, exactly what Julia said.

My wife once asked me how I could stand wearing one as they're so uncomfortable. I just explained that I don't have to wear one as much as she does and that it provides a different kind of comfort for me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Women hate them because they are usually tight and feel that they dig into the skin of their tender skin, especially their breasts. We love them because they give us 'girl tactile sensory signals' which helps quash the gender identity dysphoria that makes us feel like we're wearing the wrong clothes when we're wearing 'man clothes' (whether it's something you're aware of, or subconsciously).
    Yes! I agree, Lexi! For awhile I underdressed. No one knew I was wearing that tite bra but me. But, after a few days of that "gentle hug" turning into into raging fires under my arms and in my ribs? I couldn't wait to get the dam thing off after work!

To this day I much prefer my often, quite warm, silicone prosthesis to tite, binding bras when I go out!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Long ago it was thought men liked wearing panty hose, girdles, bras, etc. because they were tight and stimulated them sexually. That could be true for newbies but after awhile that effect becomes less significant. I was very much that way, but then outgrew it. I have to admit I do like the tightness, but it does not induce sexual feelings and hasn't for decades. I pretty much agree with Lexi and Julia. Women wear those garments because it is expected, but they would much rather not. When home shed most of that obligatory stuff and be free. However, some women adhere to the standards of expectation and consider it all a part of being female. I find it interesting that women have different views on this just like we do and I think that is significant in being able to say that, in a very general way, we are as female-like as women are female-like; but that does not make us female. To me, female-like and male-like refers to gender; female and male refers to sex. But what is comfortable is just human.

I am in a lull with underdressing simply because there is too much sadness in my life currently. But that will pass and as it does I am sure it will all come back - always has. The female-like part of me has become intensely internal and outward expression is currently not very important. That is normal for those of us who do not depend on outward expression completing the picture. For me, a bra is the most important garment for underdressing and inducing an outwardly directed sense of being female-like. The rest is dressing on the salad or gravy on the potatoes.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowDash View Post
    bNothing makes me look and feel like a woman more than when I slip on a bra and strap my girls in. !
    My wife doesn't need an article of clothing to feel like a woman. She is a woman. She doesn't stop feeling like a woman when she takes it off.

same reason I take my bra off after getting in from a day of work.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

Aspiring Member
    I have read on many occasions that the majority of women wear the wrong size bra. They've never measured themselves properly, so buy the wrong size.
    Or they never remeasure themselves over time. "I've always been a 34C". But time, gravity, diet, birth of children take their toll and many women never bother to find out what their true size is.
    Little wonder that they find them uncomfortable.

I think most women hate wearing one because they wear the wrong size.
    My wife went shopping once for bras and was asking my opinion on styles. She'd try one on and say this or that was wrong and I'd say try a bigger band in a smaller cup and she'd look at me like "what are you talking about". She had no clue that say a 42C is basically a 44B with a smaller band but the cups are almost the same. I knew more about them than she did.

As for my love of bras, well, if I don't wear one my boobs fall off and I love my boobs. She is amazed that I wear one to bed every night so that I can sleep in my forms and that at times I'll wear it for 2-3 days continuously. If you wear the correct size you don't even know it's there.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    "I think most women hate wearing one because they wear the wrong size."

Add to the list of things you should never repeat in front of a woman.

I followed the VS guide to measuring your bra size and ordered one from Amazon. It is just fantastic! My forms stay put, even after sleeping in it all night, and it feels like it is just hugging me!!! I wish I had found this one before my pocket bra!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As far as women wanting to "rip their bras off," I am not opposed to that!!!
    Last edited by Linda K.; 02-09-2022 at 12:12 PM.

LOL, my wife has asked many times, "Why would anyone want to wear a bra if they don't have to???"