Thread: Thats your nightie

Thats your nightie

Earlier today we were watching a programme on tv, one of those shows where people are taken around properties for sale. It was two ladies, a mother and daughter looking for a new home..As they began the second days search my wife remarked that the younger woman was wearing a dress that was identical to one of my nighties. Except that she was wearing it as a day dress, even had it on under a coat later in the day.
    It was just so funny.

Hi Kayegirl, it sounds to me that your wife knows and supports you, lucky you I am glad for you

Hi Kaye, You have a great wife, give her a hug from us.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    At one time it seemed it was the rage for women to wear ankle length nightgown as evening gowns. I have a number of ankle length Shadowline nightgowns in solid colors that really would work well as a summer dress with an ankle length formal slip underneath. In the 1970's and 1980's my wife had several Vanity Fair nightgown that had a padded bodice and a full skirt that could have easily been worn as an evening gown with a long half slip. It would have been a lot less revealing than most of the dresses starlets seem to wear these days with their boobs almost falling out.

Kaye, Did she say who wore it better?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    My wife and I were once eating in a restaurant and the hostess was wearing a blouse identical to one of mine. It was from JC Penny so it was probably pretty common.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by missjoann49 View Post
    Hi Kayegirl, it sounds to me that your wife knows and supports you, lucky you I am glad for you
    Joann, Yes my wife is fully aware, and very supportive, and I know that I am very lucky.
    I dont posses any male nightwear and wear a nightdress of some form every night.

PS, I do let her know just how much she is loved.
    Last edited by kayegirl; 02-09-2022 at 03:17 AM. Reason: add extra comment

Hi Kaye, you are very lucky and so is she
    I am happy for both of you

I had to smile when I read the OP.
    I still remember when my wife and I visited a (GG) friend, and she was wearing a dress that was the same as one of my nighties - just a different color.

But to be fair, I do believe that it was being sold as a dress. It just worked so nicely as a nightie, and as such, I was able to get it it past the "nighties only" rule in our house.