Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does it feel normal and natural to you?

I feel totally normal without and shame or guilt. I am of the opinion that clothes are for everyone and not gender related. I dress in skirts or dresses as part of a complete outfit, no wig or make up, every night after work because I like the clothes more than my male clothes.

For me it does.
    As I discovered in reading neurotribes pursuing feminine things can present itself in autistic boys. Which it seems to have done with me.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

The word I would use is that it feels ‘right’. I wear the clothes that are correct for me. I had to go to the doctors recently and wore my one pair of emergency underpants. I couldn’t wait to change when I got home as it felt so odd and uncomfortable.

In a little lass than 8 months I've gone from dressing occasionally (and almost never completely) to dressing every day, venturing out in the car and on foot, enjoying my photography hobby and I've even done a bit of shopping. And it shows no sign of easing off.

It feels more 'normal' by the day, to be dressed at least partially. I have realised that most women don't wear skirts and dresses all the time, so I've been wearing faded and strategically-holed blue jeans a lot, paired with a unisex top, my jewellery and shoes, and a wig. And my forms, of course. I'm loving it, and am going with it. This morning, I painted my finger-nails for the first time. I've been letting them grow a bit but I'm going to have to cut them soon (see next para for reason) so wanted to see how they'd look first.

If 'coming out' was an option (it's not), I would love to go '24/7' at least for a while, to test the waters so to speak..

Dressing has always seemed normal to me.
    It was always the fact that others didn't agree that was the issue.

I no longer underdress as my closet is nearly devoid of men's clothes at this point.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by JennyMay View Post
    I had to go to the doctors recently and wore my one pair of emergency underpants. I couldn’t wait to change when I got home as it felt so odd and uncomfortable.
    I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday with a doctor I've never seen before at the VA facility I've just been assigned to due to our recent move. Because I will be asking for a referral to the VA's LGBTQ+ program, I plan to wear panties (I own no male underwear) and a bralette with inserts. Well after making the decision to wear the bralette I learned the doctor I will see is a female. She will be the first person to learn of my crossdressing aside from my wife. I expect to be a bit nervous; but, that's okay.

Jenny, would it be so terrible for your doc to know you like to wear panties? I guess if you know your doctor on a social level outside his/her medical practice, it could be awkward. But, if the only time you see the doc is during appointments, why not go for it?
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Heather, great question. I do this out of respect for my wife, she is the practice administrator of the medical practice that I go to. I would think what did not bother me, would probably mortify her. I am sure that my NP would keep this to herself, but even then I would not want to do something to bother my wife.

It feels normal to me, or why else would I do it? I feel at ease dressed. I can work from home, so dress 'business like' for most of the working day, as long as I have no video calls.
    It's just that the rest of the world doesn't view it or accept it as normal.
    Unfortunately, I have to revert to type in the outside world.

Anything exciting I've ever done in my life has never felt 'normal' and that includes crossdressing. Exciting? Provocative? Contentious? Most definitely. Sometimes I think that I wouldn't want it to be otherwise. To exist is to stand out; that's life's deepest command. And although my dressing is for the most part closeted, even alone I feel the power of standing out and transcending even my own versions of "normal".

In retrospect I think it's safe to say that I don't really feel "natural" at either end of the traditional binary, yet I rarely feel confused about it. For me, any "naturalness" that occurs is a direct by-product of how "natural" it feels to slide between dual manifestations of gender. Some can quip that I'm simply non-committal, but I have to say I've grown rather comfortable in that undefinable space in-between.

Women?s clothing feels very natural on my body

I dress about 2 days/week, head-to-toe. It's hard to say it feels "normal" when it actually feels like stress relief. Am I comfortable in femme clothing? Yes. I'm also comfortable in male clothes. But I certainly still notice I feel different on those femme days.

I have only been dressing a week or so, and yes it feels natural, I live alone so can dress all day in house if i wish, which i do

Aspiring Member
    It feels totally natural to me.
    However, when I first started was in a time when homosexuality was illegal in the UK, so anything like crossdressing was considered to be totally abnormal. So it was a guilty secret and I had a total fear of being found out. That continued until I was about 18, when although I kept it a secret, I no longer had the guilt. It was just part of who I am.

I'm not sure how to respond, generally wondering what do I wear that does feel "normal" or "natural"? I spend so little time dressed (or underdressed) that I couldn't say it does. What I can say is that it feels comfortable and familiar -- and enjoyable.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    This topic appears to be an easy one to discuss yet it does offer room for a variety of tangents.

I feel that I am quite accustomed to wearing what I wear - lingerie, heels, dresses, skirts, blouses - to the point that I could almost forget I'm wearing them at all when I plan on heading out of the house. I truly do forget as it feels much like my male wardrobe does: clothes that I wear. Also to note that wearing high heels came almost instantly and naturally to me from the first pair I tried on so long ago to today. Sliding on stockings is as mindless to me as tying a tie is for many men.

Yet...I also never forget that I am wearing those silicone forms and I don't forget what gear I am sporting in my panties. This leads me to feel that the foundation itself is not natural for me even if I am accustomed to wearing such things for extended periods of time.

I'm okay with my dressing feeling normal and almost mundane as I continue to love and enjoy the experiences nonetheless.

Let me say it this way. I have so much stress at work that my blood pressure is elevated (140 over 85) and I have been having chest pains as well for the last two weeks. My roommate is out of town this weekend and I decided to epilate my legs, wear my forms with my new favorite bra, and my favorite pantyhose. My blood pressure is down 10 points and my chest pains are gone!!! I would have to say it feels natural!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda K. View Post
    Let me say it this way. I have so much stress at work that my blood pressure is elevated (140 over 85) and I have been having chest pains as well for the last two weeks. My roommate is out of town this weekend and I decided to epilate my legs, wear my forms with my new favorite bra, and my favorite pantyhose. My blood pressure is down 10 points and my chest pains are gone!!! I would have to say it feels natural!
    For me being on the autism spectrum, dressing is a type of stimming. Its calming and feels good especially being hypertactile it certainly has a calming feel good effect.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by Heather76 View Post
    I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday with a doctor I've never seen before at the VA facility I've just been assigned to due to our recent move. Because I will be asking for a referral to the VA's LGBTQ+ program, I plan to wear panties (I own no male underwear) and a bralette with inserts. Well after making the decision to wear the bralette I learned the doctor I will see is a female. She will be the first person to learn of my crossdressing aside from my wife. I expect to be a bit nervous; but, that's okay.
    The best laid plans............................go awry. I received a phone call from the VA yesterday informing me my doctor has some meetings in the afternoon on the 15th and will be out of town all day. Thus, my appointment has been moved to March 12th. That's really not a problem for me; but, it delays my referral to the LGBTQ+ program by a month. I'm hoping that meeting with the doctor heading up this program will give me a better insight in how to deal more effectively with my wife. I would like so much to be sitting here right now fully dressed rather than only underdressed. She knows I'm underdressed. It's not an issue. While she is accepting that I cross dress, she doesn't really want to see me dressed.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Aspiring Member
    No. This may be normal and natural for some, whatever those words may mean, but for me, this is neither normal nor natural.
    - My femme name is Abby. I defiantly own what my wife calls me, Abby-Normal.
    - It is not natural to engage in behavior that some may consider mentally ill and unbalanced for the purpose of restoring mental health and balance.

I now wear panties every day and don't even think about it anymore. I don't do much underdressing other than that except leggings during winter instead of long johns. I also sleep in leggings and women's long sleeve shirts. As far as those things go I'd just say I'm use to it.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I have been underdressing for so long, it would feel unnatural to wear men's underwear. I never feel more comfortable then when fully dressed as a women from head to toe.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    If it felt normal and natural then I wouldn't do it. There is still a thrill for me when i dress

I have been dressing and going out for many years. As for underdressing I don't know if this applies but I wear leggings or denim leggings almost 24/7. When I put on a pair of mens pants it feels almost unnatural. I still get some looks, although not as many as I would have thought, but going on 68 i really don't care much. The only time I really don't wear them is when my wife and I go out to dinner with friends or are with family. Thats her request, and since she has been supportive I gladly agree.

Totally agree with you, somebody asked me once what time of man are you?lol
    that got me thinking i dont know , really switching between genders, sometimes full on male sometimes full on female and sometimes neither

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Heck where to start with normal. It's a scale. Wearing a bra, being dressed in female attire, is completely normal to me. Just part of every day, who I am. But I believe I am relatively low on the TS spectrum, just my view though. Who knows, in different circumstances I might have transitioned. Just enjoy what life presents before you. Chase dreams if feel you must. But survive and make the most of what you have in front of you.