Thread: Earrings

Earrings

I have triple pierced ears both sides and recently had a mishap I believe in my sleep. Maybe I shouldn?t wear them 24/7 but they are of high quality most are 14k gold and the other two pair are 14k with both 1/2k white and black diamonds.

Anyway my left side the whole got ripped maybe the hoops got caught in linens I?m really not sure. Is there any suggestions on what to do or is it a lost cause now? Your comments would be appreciated.
    Be Yourself, Everybody else has been Taken......Oscar Wilde

I go to the beat of a different drummer

Susan Michelle

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Susan, I think maybe you should see a doctor to see what can be done if anything. I for one wouldn't make any recommendations for such a problem on my own. Sorry that happened, I wore mine to bed a few times and one got hooked and I woke up, never again other than studs. Good luck, let us know what you find out.

Is it ripped all the way out or partially or ??

If it is ripped partially and you can leave a nice stud , leverback OR an short piece of alcohol soaked (natural ) broom straw in it to heal around then you should be fine ..if its ripped all the way out then you can either get a stitch or two in it if you hurry or let it heal then have a dr snip the edges,sew it back together then re pierce when that is healed .
    Mine have been double pierced almost 50 years , triple 40 years . I cant sleep with big hoops in but I do sleep with small lever back drops or tapers and even gauges .
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Susan, if it is ripped all the way threw, it needs to be sliced open and stitched back together. It happened to my wife.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Susan,
    I have 3 holes on the bottom and had my Cartlidge pierced (which NEVER healed, so I let them grow in... VERY Painful...to me). I have 3 holes because I had 2 holes FOREVER! I wore Heavy earrings and I ALWAYS have my Diamond Studs (with the screw-back posts on them) in, even when I go to the Hairdressers. When I had 2 holes, the hole that I wore my Heavy earrings in started to elongate, dangerously close to the edge of my ear, I thought that it was going to Rip through! So, I went back in and got my ear pierced the 3rd time, closer to my face. The elongated hole has Never grown back in.

Another peculiar thing is that on my right side the piercing Never Totally Heals well and is easily irritated. When my ear gets irritated I wear small lever-back Expensive Earrings and LEAVE them in for about a week and this allows it to heal Completely, until I irritate it again by: too heavy of an earring, careless insertion of an earring, cheap earrings, or having tugged on them or disrupted the earring with my clothing or whatever.

So, Now I don't wear My Big Earrings at ALL! This is a Big loss, however, I have very short hair and my ears are fully exposed so even small earrings are seen.

When I initially get a piercing, I use Peroxide or the Soultion that some places provide when you get them pierced (with a gun). For a tear, I would ask some of the same questions that have already been asked. How bad is the tear? Yes, you can Dr it, but when you re-pierce it you'll be dealing with scar-tissue; so, you may have to stager the hole to Not re-pierce the very same spot. Maybe you heal better than I do, and you won't scar as badly as I do, and this won't be an issue. I hope so.

IF the Tear is SEVERE...I agree...Go to Your Dr! I thought that I was going to have my elongated hole stitched up; but I thought that given time and not using it, it would just eventually grow closed (well, it hasn't). Maybe if this old slot in my ear was an issue, I'd see what my Dr could/would do with it. Occasionally, if I'm not looking in the mirror while inserting my earrings, they will go into the old slot.

Good luck and just don't get it infected. Maybe Larger Earrings is a No-No at bedtime?

Please keep us posted on what you do and find out.

Take Care and Hugs,

Ta Ta
    Last edited by Kay Adams GG; 02-08-2022 at 09:31 PM. Reason: additional comment

Thank you all for the information. As far as the tip it is fairly bad. I didn?t think so in the beginning but looking closer even a stud will pull straight through. I?ll check with my internal doctor see if she can do it. She will refer me to who can do it if she can?t.

I used to wear on rare occasion heavy earrings but stopped after being sore for several days. I?ve switched to lightweight earrings and costume jewelry I have like hundreds of pairs. I?ve invested in gold and silver earrings for the last few years. As we all know earrings are necessary to give that finishing touch well in my opinion anyway.

Reality Check
    If your earlobe is torn from wearing an earring to bed, you certailnly do need to have it repaired by a qualified doctor.

It's OK to wear stud earrings to bed, but nothing larger or more complicated. They will get caught is your bedding and they will cause injuries.
    Krisi

Consider contacting a plastic surgeon. It will not be inexpensive but well worth it.