Thread: I think I outed myself to probably the entire staff of my apartment complex

I think I outed myself to probably the entire staff of my apartment complex

I remember getting the notice about the new door locks but, as with most of the stuff from my complex, ignored it figuring that if I paid my rent on time, I was good.

I got up and got dressed in my normal work clothes, my favorite denim skirt(probably a little too short for a gurl my age) and a cute top that showed off my breast forms quite nicely, stockings and my favorite heels with my long red wig.

A friend called inviting me to lunch, so I begrudgingly changed and went to join him.

Now, I ALWAYS lock my door but when I got home from lunch, I was in a hurry to answer nature's call and forgot. Finishing up I changed back into my outfit and went to the kitchen to get a drink before I went back to work.

I had just closed the refrigerator when I head a quick knock on my door and heard it open, "Maintenance."

Trapped, I didn't have a choice, I stepped around the corner, told them to do whatever they needed to do and went back to my desk.

"Um yes ma'am, er... Sir."

Just like the hero i one of those adventure movies when the building explodes behind them, I didn't even look back. Oh, well. At least I got ma'am'd, sort of.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Platinum Member
    Might as well own it in those situations.

I'd have thrown him right back out the door, for not waiting to either have the door answered in person, or being specifically told to come in.
    I'd have then complained in writing to his supervisor.
    That's simply rude and presumptuous of him, and I'd never do that as an employee calling on a client.

Well good for you Shelby! You own it and now you have nothing to worry about anymore. Oh and as Wendy-Lyn said, what they did is wrong and you should file a complaint with management over their opening the door and knocking without giving you a chance to answer

hugs
    Maria

I like the way you described the hero explosion scene, good call on owning that I could almost picture it. I believe you did good considering the situation you were in, I think it would have been worse if you would have gone running or freeking out. A few years back I went to get a car wash and when I got to the machine to enter the wash it didnt work and I was watching the guy come towards my car and I couldn't back up or anything. I started freeking out in the car trying to put some clothes on or cover up, I remember explaining it here and everyone here told me I should have relaxed and owned it, instead I made myself look worse by freeking and looking like I was doing something wrong.
    Its funny you mention that denim short skirt, I have one to and I usally wear it when I clean the house and my wife always comments to wear to my age, but I feel comfortable wearing it.

Maria,

"wear to my age..." I'm not sure what that means. My mom mowed her yard in a bikini at 60. With that kind of role model, I can wear whatever I want. LOL

All,

I thought about complaining except I'm not 100% sure I actually closed the door, so I cut the poor guy some slack. I've been here over ten years and have never had anything but good encounters with the staff, so...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Oh no! Anyway. . .

Seriously, this is only good. Just saunter around as you like now.

Aspiring Member
    I think most maintenance people even if they did mention it to the rest of the staff would start off with "One of the apartments I went to today".

That is awesome, Shelby! By taking it in stride you force your new normal on others. Hopefully someday no one will bat a false eye lash when seeing gender mixing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe u r. But, maybe u aren't, Shelby! Not all men like to gossip u know.

Just to be sure? I think u need to get all dolled up and visit the admin office to comment or complain about something or other. THEN, u can be pretty sure you're outed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hey Shelby Dawn,
    Sorry to hear about your unwelcome surprise, not generally something one looks forward to when we're all dolled up!
    There's a very simple and inexpensive device, (less than $20 on Amazon), that can prevent that from ever happening to you again. It prevents entry to your suite, even with a key. It's super lightweight, installs in a second or two (it's magnetic) and you will never have an unwelcome surprise again. It's made of light weight titanium and it will literally snap the key off before someone can gain entrance to your suite (if the other side is particularly stubborn). Most will assume that their key is simply not working properly and will come back later.
    It's very lightweight and portable and can also be used by us ladies who enjoy dressing while in an out of town hotel and just feel more comfortable with that extra layer of security. I know it certainly gives me peace of mind to know that I'll never have to concern myself with the awkward situation that you just experienced. Hope it helps!

IMG-4214.jpg
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

Shelby, No choice but to own it and dress how it makes you feel good, not your age.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I presently live in apartment complex also .
    Fortunately the apt doors all have safety chains that you can use to prevent entry by anyone.
    I always enable the chain when when dressed (which is most of the time) and when I go to bed at night wearing a nightgown, etc
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 02-13-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Platinum Member
    I like those safety chains for doors. One saved me from being discovered by my parents wearing my mother's dress when I was a teenager. Whew! That was close. I've told me wife time and time again to keep the outer screen door locked so a potential intruder has to get through two doors. When I lived in apartment complexes the maintenance staff always knocked and waited an appropriate amount of time before making entry. If I were a maintenance guy I'd make sure I banged long and loud on the door fearing the occupant was armed to the teeth.