Thread: CD Humor: Alternate Use of Hip Shapers

CD Humor: Alternate Use of Hip Shapers

As those of you in the Northeast US know, we had a big snowstorm over the weekend. I have a hernia at present,and as such was not looking forward to having to shovel a lot of snow - painful and I did not want to aggravate the dang thing further. Naturally, I complained about this to my wife. Without missing a beat, she said "Why don't you try wearing your hip shapers? They look like they would give you a fair amount of support." We both laughed.

Anyway, it came time to shovel. I lasted just a few minutes - pain! So I went inside and put on my shapers. The result? MUCH better! I'm sure they were not as supportive as a truss would have been, but it allowed me to complete the job with minimal pain and without an undue amount of stress to my injury. It worked!

What a practical way to underdress. Have you ever found any alternate uses for one of your CD related garments?

And you didn't also wear heels to shovel? What's wrong with you, girl? lol
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm confused, Kris. What r "hip shapers"? I wear hip pads and waist cinchers.

While my cincher mite help with lifting, the hip pads wouldn't!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    My wife would have volunteered to shovel the snow. Due to a shoulder injury my wife mowed the lawn all the time, and, the front yard is sloped.

I've probably already told this story before. But it's been a while.
    I used to wear silicone breast forms. Size B cup.
    One day I took the wife and kids to one of those pizza places that has games. My son and I were playing air hockey when all of a sudden one of my breast forms fell out on the table. My son thought it was the hockey puck and hit it with his paddle. It flew up in the air and wizzed by my head. Quickly I scooped it up and made a B-line for the rest room to re-attach it. Fortunately He didn't know what he hit.
    Today he in his late 30s and I reminisce with him about the time he hit one of my boobs. We both laugh about it.

Yes. A single breast form can make a pretty wicked hockey puck.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I'm confused, Kris. What r "hip shapers"? I wear hip pads and waist cinchers.

While my cincher mite help with lifting, the hip pads wouldn't!
    Just for clarity Sherry, it was the shaping girdle pictured below. As you see it stretches across the waist and over the front, giving some support. I imagine your waist cincher would have worked even better!

Padded rear and hips shaping girdle.jpg

I seem to have developed the habit of almost-unconsciously stashing small items like paper money in my bra. A friend paid me $20 he owed me the other day, and I had my hand in my bra with it before I realized what I was doing. He just thought I was putting it in my shirt pocket, but I really must be more careful.

This thread is shaping up to be quite entertaining.
    So many new things to learn

Kris, makes sense. For older men who can't have hernia surgery, they have them wear a girdle type garment.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

As a result of several abdominal surgeries I experience pain in my lower abdomen when I exercise. For years I have worn a high waisted panty girdle when I work out or walk/run. It supports my lower abdomen and helps to relieve any pain. It also gives me an excuse to underdress on a frequent basis and to shop for the latest and greatest styles as well.
    Last edited by Victoria1; 01-31-2022 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Grammer

Banned Read only
    That's wonderful, although I'd bet the shot of endorphins that came with this episode contributed a lot more than the stretchy fabric.

Monica,

I was watching the reports on the weather channel from Boston and it brought back a lot of memories from when I was there for the blizzard of 78. One was enough for me.

I could not remember, but thought your wife was not accepting of your dressing. Kind of funny it was her idea to wear the shaper.

Sandi

Banned Read only
    Sandi, we got two feet of snow on Saturday. My upper body got a fab workout shoveling. Actually, I'm not the OP. I was just adding my two cents to a great story. Hugs!

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    That's wonderful, although I'd bet the shot of endorphins that came with this episode contributed a lot more than the stretchy fabric.
    Absolutely! It probably did not add to the support properties, but it did make the shoveling a lot more fun. I now get why so many like to underdress!

Doh, my apologies Kris and Monica, I must be half asleep still.

I can?t imagine having to deal with shoveling snow with a hernia. I think I might have to get a snowblower ; )

Sandi

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Kris, makes sense. For older men who can't have hernia surgery, they have them wear a girdle type garment.
    It's called a "truss" and it's more like a jock strap but with a pad or pads that can be adjusted side to side and no cup. And at age 78 I had hernia surgery a couple months ago. I suppose it depends on your health and the type of hernia.

Doing heavy lifting or work with a hernia could do further damage so this might have been the time to hre someone to remove the snow.
    Krisi

Silver Member
    Well, I have on occasion worn one of my corsets when my back was acting up, and that seemed helpful. But not often. I have worn my Vera Wang leggings as long johns under pant or Carhartts a number of times. I like that a lot, especially when shoveling or if I'm out in the cold for any length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggie View Post
    This thread is shaping up to be quite entertaining.
    Careful with that exuberance or you could end up in a padded cell!

Hi Kris! Well, I do have a rubber stretch corset that I wear when my lower back bothers me so and my wife knows and has "borrowed" it a few times for when we go out as a couple together. It does help and of course, it is so much better than walking around with a painful look on your face.....

My driveway is still hazardous to walk on, a week after the last storm. We got freezing rain, then sleet, then snow. It's been impossible to shovel, just a solid coating of ice. Wearing spike heels might punch some holes in it and encourage it to break up!

A few summers ago I was listening to music with earbuds from my cell phone. The cable kept getting caught up in the ladder, pulling them out. So I tucked the cell phone in my bra. Problem solved.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

My wife and I will often wear a form of those when we are going to be on our feet all day. Only we wear a higher waisted model with light boning. Gives great lower back support.

Over the years, I?ve experienced muscle spasms in my back. Nothing serious, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor diagnosed it as upper back spasms, but the discomfort is felt in my lower back. Solution: two Advil and my Rago high waisted shaper. I wear my shapers often. They?re so comfortable. My wife just rolls her eyes. Whatever works, I say.