Thread: Val Day 2022 - Your story awaits

Val Day 2022 - Your story awaits

It's early to start, but what is Valentine day like for you this year?

First-- what is your go-to mode?
    On birthdays, Christmas and gift events such as Val Day, who are you?
    Some can wait one NY minute and then it's pop it open now. Zero anticipation.
    Some wait until the designated event time and draw out the anticipation like
    people will draw out the chances of having a winning lottery ticket.
    Others fall in between the goal posts and don't sweat it.

Second-- Is Val Day a gift day in your personal history?
    For a few, it's a pain day and no remembrances.
    For most, it's a least a greeting/egreeting card.
    For many, it involves candy and flowers.
    For a small number, it involves jewelry or more expensive gifts.

Third-- Has Val Day involved interest and excitement for you in the past?
    For most, it's an obligation that you can't wait to be over.
    For a few, it's romantic.
    For a small number, it's an exciting memory.

Forth-- What's your story this year?

Fifth, no fifth, just take the fifth. I don't expect members to respond more than the fingers on one hand.

I'll start with all 4 answers:

1st-- GoTo mode
    ===============
    Wait until the allocated time. No peeking ahead of time. But this year, we had to go early. Her anniversary
    ring was on sale and we needed to make sure it was a keeper before the normal day.

2nd-- Gift day
    ===============
    Yes, but normally only candy, card and flowers.

3rd-- Involvement mode
    =====================
    Most often a nice tradition but not exciting.

4th-- This year
    ===============
    As you may have guessed this year was different. I was given a gift early as it came from costco and we
    were planning on handling costco returns. As mentioned on other posts, after years of hoping finally was ok to
    have ears pierced. We're not spring chickens, so in our background that is a big change. I was, and still am,
    blown away by the gift. It was way way beyond anything I would have hoped for in wildest dreams. I'm not
    good in painting word images, so here is the link.
    https://www.costco.com/14kt-gold-fil...100799613.html

The other surprise was the question "would you wear this at night when you dress"? What do you all think,
    should I ponder that or not? Ha, ha.

Now the bad news. I couldn't wear them first. It has not been a month since piecing and have 5 weeks to wait to
    change from starter to nice stud. And, bummer, 5 months before start light drops. So wife wore them tonight,
    and do they sparkle and look wonderful. It's going to be hard to wait.

Bottom line, never going to forget 40th anniversary.

This is uncomfortable and four times what I normally write, so now it's your turn. Share the joy.

I've been on a relationship only three times on Valentine's day. The first two times with girls I was just starting to date. I just bought them flowers and we went to eat at restaurant. Last year I was in a more serious (but secret) relationship with a man. He bought me flowers and I bought him a nice watch. This year I had negociate with him so I could play the role of his girlfriend for a romantic evening with all the cliches of the perfect Valentine's day like in the movies but we broke up before. For me, Valentine's day is not an essential date (neither Christmas) because I prefer a spontaneous gift to one imposed by tradition. Nevertheless it is a lovely tradition.

I gather from your answers to your own questions that question #1 "who are you" is more like "can you wait to open presents?" So I'll answer that way.

#1 I'm a "wait until the designated time" person. I get curious, but the anticipation is half the fun!

#2 Valentine's day was always a card/flowers/dinner kind of day - not really a gift giving day. Over the years, it's tapered off.

#3 Excitement? Not really. It's more of an excuse for a more romantic demonstration of "I love you."

#4 This year? We've got nothing. With health concerns, we're just staying hunkered down.

MAYBE I'll stay "comfy" all day. Maybe I'll give her the male me instead. Maybe it'll just be another day.
    Right now, I'm thinking that I'll try to whip up something a little extra special for dinner.

1: Wait until the day of!
    2: Card, flowers, and dinner!
    3: Show of love
    4: Spend with my daughter at home, wife passed away years ago! No romance in my life!
    Just another day!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Should be just the usual Valentine's day here, cards, flowers,expressions of love. This is also the first ValDay since my coming out. To avoid confusion, Kris will be nowhere in sight.

SirDonna,

The earrings are stunning, I'm sure you will be thrilled when you wear them.

My SO and I dated in high school. A happy memory was our first V-day together, our favorite pizza place surprised us with a heart shaped pizza. We talk about it every V-day since then. We usually exchange cards. The gift is that we spend the whole day together. This year we will be the same, lunch, movie, drive to a destination unknown yet, dinner, maybe a heart shaped pizza will make an appearance. He is always in man mode for V-Day.

What is it to me?
    Meaningless.
    Pointless, meaningless, and empty - a bit like my heart. And very depressing.
    I'm driving a friend to a job interview approximately 60 miles away that day. I came out to him about Wendy today in general terms, but I don't want to spring her on him so soon, and for an entire day, at that. No - there's no interest in a relationship at ALL as I don't have any interest in men.

So since there is still no SO (female) in my life this Valentine's Day will be just like the last 25 of them - a complete non-event. I might curl up in the evening, wrap myself around half a bottle of Wild Turkey then cry myself to sleep (again) as I usually do, that'd be about it.
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 02-12-2022 at 03:50 PM.

Banned Read only
    My wife and I have been married for over fifty years. Everyday is Valentine's Day. The only thing we do is exchange cards. During the year both of us may do impulsive things for the other. Otherwise, it all seems to be akin to the car manual of scheduled maintenance. Over the years I have heard too many complaints from others that the only time he remembers me is on a certain day. One thing I will say, if you can act all nice and sweet one day, she'll wonder why you do not act that way the rest of year.

Banned Read only
    I have two Vdays planned. Tomorrow (Sunday) I am allegedly going to spend the evening watching some sort of sports championship everyone keeps talking about. In fact, I will be wined and dined by a gentleman caller. Then, on Monday, I have the requisite flowers, card exchange, and dinner on tap with my significant other. Scandalous? Absolutely. Fun and exciting? You betcha.

Before we were married, my wife told me to please never waste money on flowers as all they do is die. I did buy her a dozen roses once. She was happy to get them; but, reminded me she'd rather not have me spend money on them. Our Valentine's Day is really just each of us getting a nice card for the other and that's it. We don't do dinner out as the restaurants are filled and we don't tend to plan meals out enough in advance to make reservations.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My ex made me dread V. Day, Xmas, and her BDay!

The diamonds were never big enuff, Mercedes the wrong color, etc., etc.

Now, every V. Day with Sherry is a total delite!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I dislike Valentine's Day intensely. Such a contrived Holiday. With my ex-wife, I always told her that for Valentine's Day I would put all the effort into it that she put in to the holiday on March 14 (google it) the year before. As she put no effort into anything that was important to me, I never celebrated it with her. My current wife puts great effort into pleasing me and loves Valentine' Day. So despite my misgivings for the day, I go all out for. I have dinner reservations, I have ordered flowers and will give her perfume.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Around my house, March 14th is Pi Day as well as a mutual birthday for two in our family. I "googled" March 14th alternatives and the result is NOT going to be posted by me here!

I think it was the day Sponge Bob became mayor, right?

My wife and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday. We had some remodeling we wanted to do in the morning, but early afternoon we cleaned up and went out for lunch. When we got back we spent the rest of the day visiting about summer plans and listening to music. Of course we both got dressed up. She had on a tiny little lycra dress that she still looks great in at 60 years old, plus heels. I went for the androgynous look, and had on a men's black thong, stockings and garter belt and a short satin robe over the top, and of course black high heel pumps! About 8PM we had to move the evening into the bedroom.

Today we are hanging out around the house. I putzed with some of the remodel and she is baking and messing up the kitchen. Tonight we are going to watch the Super Bowl. Not huge football fans, but we like the commercials and the half time show. It is a continuation of yesterday. She is dressed all in black leather except for a tiny low cut bustier and I am in somewhat male more again, but with a pair of women's tight skinny black faux leather pants, a white button up shirt and heels. I might slip on some boobs!

Oh I should add. It was cute! I walked through the kitchen and took a little stop to hug and neck with my wife. As I walked away, she said, "Honey, I burn for you!" I in turn said, "Honey, I melt for you!" and the necking started up all over again. Totally off the cuff! I think we kinda like each other!
    Last edited by Pumped; 02-13-2022 at 11:04 PM.

I'm over the entire thing.
    Going out spending the day indulging my love of photography, and visiting the small town I grew up in. Wendy will be coming along, but in 'stealth mode' as I will not be alone - the main purpose is to transport a friend there for a job interview.
    There will once again be no cards, no flowers, no chocolates for me, so tonight I'll probably perform the usual VD ritual of half a bottle of bourbon and then cry myself to sleep. The older I get, the more this loneliness hurts.
    But I hope you all have a great time.

As for March 14th - that ain't gonna happen either.
    Update

Further to my earlier post: The day went extremely well. I wore jeans, sandals with knee-high pull-ups, a unisex top, my forms and some jewellery. Instead of a wig I wore a baseball cap to cover my bald spot - the short grey hair which was visible could have belonged to a guy or a woman.
    Went for coffee in a coffee shop, took my friend to his job interview (which seems to have been successful) then we went and spent a few hours being tourists and taking pics of local landmarks.
    And then I got home to find I had a response from a woman on the dating site I'm on. So I'm happy now.
    Last edited by Di; 02-14-2022 at 05:42 AM.