Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a sure cure for Crossdressing

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi Beech View Post
    I just take my glasses off when I am dressed up. Problem solved ; )

Sandi
    Lol Sandi. I just had my optometrist sell me a pair of prescription trifocals in a female frame. I wear them frequently, regardless of what I am wearing. I have started wearing my Ballet shoes a lot. Trying to keep them broken in. I also wearing a hat on top of my head to cover up my thin spots.
    So as you can see I have not found the cure for Cross Dressing. Haven't been looking.

My guess is, when we look at ourselves in the mirror, we all see a man wearing female clothing, no matter how good we may actually look.

Last night I saw upon the stair
    A little man who wasn't there
    He wasn't there again today
    Oh, how I wish he'd go away...?

Hey, what's it matter what you look like. We all crossdress for our own reasons. For me I like to wear pretty dresses and they don't look that good without boobs, heels and makeup. I don't wear wigs. I know I look like an old man in women's clothing but I'm happy. Only issue is I don't get to do what I want as often as I want. Hopefully they will pop me in my grave in my best dress when the time comes.

while it didn't "cure" me - a mirror convinced me to stop my transition efforts.
    The camera is NOT my friend, and I avoid it.

It kind of makes me a little depressed sometimes. I feel so nice and , well girly when I dress, but when I look in the mirror, I see what I am.

A short, fat guy with some muscle who looks like a fool.
    Last edited by char GG; 02-17-2022 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Sorry, only English allowed

I try to avoid the mirror most of the time. I'm more into the comfort and feeling I get from wearing the clothes. The looks isn't as important to me.

Ya I know what you're saying.
    Sometimes I look at my photos and think "Why am I doing this".
    As long as I don't do a high rez close up I can fool myself in thinking I look good
    I went to a Halloween party one time thinking I looked good and some guy said I looked pretty bad.
    Kind of put a damper on the whole night until some Gay guy kissed my cheek and said I looked good.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

It doesn't really cure it for me but it might keep me in Actually I think I look pretty good in Pictures probably better than in real life
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

The mirror, and the Camera are friends to me. They show the truth. I normally am interested in how the clothes are fitting. Do not turn away from yours, use what you see to know where to adjust your look. It also tells me what does not look good on me but sometimes I still will wear that outfit anyway.

With the right wig (and remembering to shave), I look gender neutral.

So no deterrent for me looking in the mirror.

Sue

Have no fear, girls. Rest assured that real-life GG's get the same "omg, I don't look good at all!" sensation when looking at their own photos. For me, I like hearing from all the girls in this thread that have, for the most part, stopped caring. That's a sign of confidence, and confidence -- even dressed in a paper bag -- will always be the runway winner.

I will never be a run-a-way winner, or a runway winner.
    I do not care, I am still the 78 year 5 months and 28 day old me (but who is counting :.
    Last edited by char GG; 02-18-2022 at 01:05 PM.

I am 6-4 weigh 215 pounds and can fit in a size 16 dress. Am I comfortable in my own skin when it comes to daily stuff as a man? Sure no doubt but do I think I could pass as a woman? Oh hell no I couldn't and that is fine. I am able to do the stuff I really love as a soon to become 45 year old and I am very grateful for it in terms of physical stuff like rock climbing/ultimate frisbee/social dancing etc.

I would love to do a drag performance singing some contralto song someday I wont lie. Finding a woman that wouldn't have a boundary violated by that is a different story.

That's it, confidence!

I have much more confidence dressed female.

As a guy I'd fall into the "uncanny valley" between male and female. Moving the needle toward "F" simplifies social interactions.

Whether I do or not isn't as important as reducing the ambiguity of the situation.
    This an important point.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 02-19-2022 at 04:31 PM.

my only consolation is that I don't think I look all that great in guy-mode photos either

I can carry it off body-wise (just under 6' and slim) but unfortunately this old head looks like it caught fire and someone put it out with a coaling shovel.
    And I can't do makeup to save my life.
    But if I let it worry me too much, I'd never dress at all, never mind go out in public.

It happens all too often. When I look into the mirror, I see this beautiful woman looking back. I get so excited I have to set up the camera and get some pics. When reviewing the pics I often where did the beautiful woman in the mirror go. I seriously need a fairy godmother.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Nope. That thought never enters my mind.
    All I see is room for improvement. A touch more shadow, comb my hair another way, a different color lipstick maybe.
    The reflection is my stimulus for growth. It drives me to want to look my best.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I often look in the mirror after my makeup and go yuck. Then I just hold my head high and go out. As people have said we are our own worst enemy. I have a small build for a guy, between 135-145 so that helps with the body part. As for the face, no problems yet; but then again I can?t read mins lol.

Such a simple solution: Remove or cover all mirrors, and don't ever take any pictures of yourself en femme; use your imagination of how you appear, instead. Problem solved.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Was going to say exactly what Julia Bowie said, but she beat me to it! I can look feminine from the waist down, but I'm not fooling anyone on the upper half. I just enjoy the feeling and experience of female clothing. But I'll enjoy trying!😀

I try to avoid mirrors at all cost when I'm dressed. If I look in one I think, why the heck am I doing this? But then I remember, I'm doing it because I love the way women's clothing looks and feels on me. As soon as I slip on a dress, I just feel so good, I never want to take it off. So who cares what I look like as long as I'm happy. But I still avoid the mirror.

I agree with you ladies that I am nothing more than a guy in ladies clothes when I look in the mirror. I get away from the mirror , the feelings I have wearing takes away the male aspect and let's teri spend some time out on the open. A much needed relief for my own sanity.

I was just upstairs changing clothes and I realized that I do avoid looking in the mirror when I don't have my wig on.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.