Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: a sure cure for Crossdressing

Quote Originally Posted by BTWimRobin View Post
    It happens all too often. When I look into the mirror, I see this beautiful woman looking back. I get so excited I have to set up the camera and get some pics. When reviewing the pics I often where did the beautiful woman in the mirror go.
    There's actually a term for that phenomenon (which we all experience, btw). It's called residual self-image. A similar phenomenon occurs in an auditory sense as well, as observed whenever we hear our recorded voice played back to us; most say -- hey, that doesn't sound like me!

This "cure" never worked for me. Even in my early teens, when I first started crossdressing, with no wig, no makeup, I must have looked like a boy with boobs. That never stopped me. It was exciting enough just to be completely dressed as a girl.

I know I am a man in woman clothes. The looks are second to the feel of the clothes.
    I do the make-up/wig etc just to make the clothes and my appearance look better.
    Otherwise, it is like buying an automobile with out the wheels. It is like a package deal.
    The clothes feel and look better as a whole package.

Might have similar problem but certainly not a cure for crossdressing

Leslie,

I like this quote a lot and am going to borrow it. You have put into words what I could not express myself. Thanks.

I should add, when recently discussing things with my wife, she asked, what if you could take a pill and make this all go away, aka, though she knows there isn?t a ?cure? would I, if I could. At the time due to our emotional conversation and honestly due to all the repercussions and anxiety about it, I think I would. Yes, it does give me strange inner feelings that I enjoy and I have gotten a lot of joy from cross dressing, BUT, if I could have avoided it all throughout my life, I think I would take that opportunity.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    The best thing about photos when dressed, is I see the real me in them. Whatever that looks like.

They body is weird.
    Yesterday evening I dressed fully, mid length wig included and flats, to do photos of a Drag Queen show while they were performing (I shot about 300 photos). This morning while processing the photos, I put on a skirt, blouse, earrings etc. and a long cosplay wig.
    I took it all off this evening to go to the store. My GG friend needed some medicine, and I had an Item to return to Amazon. I went into Kohl's to do the return, then of course I did some shopping. So here I sit, I still feel like I have the wig everything on, even though I am in 75% guy mode, and no wig.
    I guess I need to go and change into what I feel like I am wearing, or maybe my pink Teddy outfit.
    The body knows what it wants and right now it is not some cure for CDing.

Mirrors and still photos can give us discouraging feedback for sure, especially when reality differs significantly from our expectations, however they are unlikely, in this CD's opinion, to cure or curb our urges.
    I once read elsewhere that an effective strategy for dealing with strong urges is to actually go ahead and indulge your curiosity rather than keep it bottled up, provided, of course, that the activity you're considering isn't harmful to anyone or illegal. In other words, scratch the itch so you can get on with your other business.
    Fashion liberated and loving it!

I wish it was a cure, I think I'd do it in a minute. Live would be soooo much simpler for me. I hate it and love it at the same time. I am sitting here fully dressed up right now.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

So my perspective on his thread may be slightly different because despite 40+ years of practice I am a terrible cross-dresser as an adult (better as an adolescent).

My wife and I are very different in size. The last 30 years (our relationship) I have only had HER clothes to wear and I really don?t look very good in them IF I can remotely fit. I have actually lost some weight in the last few years, so I am at least in a better shape.

As an adult, I have never worn a wig, I have never used makeup. Until recently never really used any real shapeware. Thus, I always just look neck down in the mirror or use my own internal filter to look past the stubble, the wrong face, the wrong hair, sock breasts, etc. I have NEVER taken a picture. I am too concerned of a picture coming back to haunt me, especially in today?s world. Thus, yes, the mirror doesn?t lie (except in my own mind) I am sure a picture would be mortifying.

I am being a little redundant to anyone who may have read a few of my earlier posts, but in recent weeks I obtained 3 dresses (2 cute mid-length, and one longer one) that actually fit and the pink fog has set in. I am wanting to up my game, but my wife who has generally been reasonably understanding is a little thrown and wonders why the sudden ramped up interest in something that she has always known about, but never truly appreciated the pull of it to me.

Who wants to be cured. I have craved the wearing of ladies clothes my whole life. Now at 52 I am finally able to feel the sensuality of what women take for granted. I love the pink fog. I love being able to get away from drab reality for a few hours. Cure? Not for me thanks.

Can't remember the joke, something about beer goggles or quitting / closing time.............
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....... I have know some attractive GG's that were really screwed up as far as relationships.
    Beauty is more than what another happens to see with their eyes.
    For myself, I will never be beautiful as a woman, but from a distance and maybe a drink or two ( :-) ) I am as attractive as I feel I am.
    Yep looking too close, I am a dude in a dress, yet for me at times I feel as or more attractive than many women at the mall wearing flannel sweat pants etc etc etc.....
    I think many of us are pleased with what god / God gave us and how we can enhance that look with clothing & makeup.......
    That being said, no matter how old / young or thin / fat or short / tall some one in this world can look at us and see what they feel as beauty.
    Well I hope that holds true, would be a nice way to live, knowing some one some place likes the way each of us looks......

Ronny you look a whole lot better than I do. But again I am a newbie and am 78 years old.

Yep. No hot young babe here either.

I should have added to my earlier post that for much of my life, on and off, I wore a BEARD. I first grew it in college. Despite my masculine physiognomy, that never stopped me from crossdressing either! The clothes were everything.

i am an unattractive man and when I dress I am an unattractive man in women's clothes, wig, shoes etc.. Every time I take a picture it last about a day and then it gets deleted but it has never "cured" anything.