Thread: Diary of a Mad Tranny

Talking Diary of a Mad Tranny

I wanted to share my recent, eventful blog entry with the class here, but instead of rewording the whole thing I'm doing the lazy thing and just copying it. I hope you find it worthwhile reading:

I Want a New Drug

Huey Lewis sang:

I want a new drug
    One that won't go away
    One that won't keep me up all night
    One that won't make me sleep all day
    One that won't make me nervous
    Wondering what to do
    One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you

Me too . . . I want a new drug . . . namely, testosterone, and I broke the news to my shrink this week. He checked into the Harry Benjamin Standards of Care and promptly informed me that the hours I've put in on the couch combined with my time spent in "real life experience" qualify me to begin whenever the medical doctor approves it.

I feel good about this decision. It's not rash nor impulsive. I've done the research and the soul searching. I know the risks and the permanent effects. And now I'm ready for the consequences - positive or negative. I've stood at the fork in this road long enough to be sure that I'm taking the path I feel sure about, and now it's time to take that first step. It took me a while to jump over the last hurdle - the confusion about my androgyny - but I needed to be really, really sure . . . and now I am.

*Sigh of relief*

This decision led to another move. I decided it was the right time to come out to a few friends and co-workers. These people mean a lot to me and I needed to know if I mean as much to them. I was very nervous and I rehearsed my declaration, definitions and answers to possible questions well before I approached each of them, took a deep breath and plunged into the icy waters of their ignorance of my situation.

Well, it's true that they were completely unaware of my struggle (and generally uninformed as to transgender issues), but I am happy to report that they all amazed me with their support, empathy, understanding and optimism for my future. I'm still speechless. I hoped they would take it well, but frankly I never expected so much love. In fact, they forced me to engage in some very unpirate-like behavior: the Captain got a lot of hugs that day.

*Bigger sigh of relief*

So, the map is laid out, the course is set and the sails unfurled. I hope for fair winds, but with my crew aboard, armed and ready for action, I'm prepared for a bad squall or a good fight.

Going up to the crow's nest,

Lexi the Pirate
    Last edited by CaptLex; 04-08-2006 at 08:10 PM.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar

Good for you!

An eventful week for you. The hormones will be a big step and I do hope that you get what you're looking for in that arena.

More important was coming out to your friends. That is a hurdle which - once overcome - becomes easier each time. I'm genuinely happy for you that it went well, especially with your co-workers - I know that was a point of tension for you.

It's really good you see you moving in a positive direction as it is far too easy to get bogged down. Congrats!

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Last edited by Ms. Donna; 04-08-2006 at 12:19 PM.
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Wow! As Donna said, what an eventful week.

I wish you fair weather and smooth sailing, and hope that your journey gets you were you want to go. And needless to say having a good and loyal crew behind you always helps.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

The Journey

Congratulations, Lex. I pray your journey will be pleasant and eventful. I know you thought it out and it's what you really want to do. I admire you for your courage to put your convictions into action. Keep us posted.

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

An event with a nice ending. I't always nice to hear stories like this. Congrats Lex.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    That's really great news Lex! On all counts. May the wind be at your back and your course be true as you start this next part of your great journey.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Thanks, boys and girls. I'm feeling really good about this now that the fog is clearing.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Hi Captain ~
    Just wanted to say how happy I am for you and how proud I am for the success you have found on your voyage. It takes a lot of courage to come out to close friends and co-workers. Self acceptance is very important but the acceptance of others is very special, an added bonus.

As you continue on your voyage I wish you bright skies, strong winds and a following sea, absent of all squalls and shoals. Now lets have a pint of grog !!

Kim

wow thats great news im pleased for you

Gender Undecided Fainne the King's Avatar
    Good for you. I'm glad that everything is working out well for you. Good that you've thought hormones through, I guess it's a big step, one I'm unsure of right now. Everything will work out great for you I'm sure, and you're lucky your friends are so understanding.
    I tried to be a boy
    tried to be a girl
    tried to be a mess
    tried to be the best
    I guess I did it wrong
    -Madonna

[SIZE=3]Hey Captain.

Such wonderful news, i'm really glad how everything is working out for you.

I was going to make comments about pirating and sailing, but the others are too good with their ad-libbing for me!

I wish you all the best for the future Lexi.

[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    CaptLex, it sounds like your soul-searching is beginning to bear rich fruit, and that's good news indeed. Be well, guy!
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

CaptLex, I wish you the best! I am happy for your friends acceptance, but mostly for your own. That seems to be the big one for most of us. Good for you I say.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

It IS your time. Enjoy it. I cant tell you how pleased I am for you and you have nothing but my best wishes. You can add another hug to the rest.

So, now it is time to get another barrel of rum have a party invite all several thousand of us to help you celebrate. We are all pulling for you. Lex, you are one of the good guys!!!

Hugs
    Kimberley.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar
    Hey Captlex, I would be willing to make you a deal. I'll trade you my testosterone for some of your estrogen okay?

Quote Originally Posted by joanlynn28
    Hey Captlex, I would be willing to make you a deal. I'll trade you my testosterone for some of your estrogen okay?
    If only I could bottle it, joanlynn . . .

Thanks again all. Quick update: I've been somewhat worried about my job, so I also spoke to two influential partners (I work at a law firm) at work, both of whom I've worked with for years and get along well with - one I consider a good friend, and the other is on the committee for anti-harrassment. They've assured me that when I decide to make it public knowledge at work, they will do anything and everything to help make the transition as smooth as possible. That is, the firm's position will be a supportive one and they'll help me deal with any troublemakers that would want to harrass me and make me feel uncomfortable. Now that's a relief! With those two sailor on my crew, it might just be smooth sailing after all.

Kimberley, I like your idea. Wish I could have a big party and invite all of you. Your support and words of encouragement mean so much to me.