Thread: More HAT

More HAT

So with things pandemic wise getting back on a more even keel, at least for now, Saturdays have returned to being one of my HAT days, Home Alone Time. The SO has gone back to taking her sister and their elderly mother out to do a bit of grocery shopping, back to Mom's for a bite of lunch and a chat, take her sister and her shopping home and then goes and does our weekly grocery shop on the way home.

This gives me anything from 4 to sometimes 6 hours HAT. So not hard to guess that I take the opportunity to go PF, Partially Femme. So today it's wig, cream full length sleeved blouse, navy A line lined skirt, bra and forms of course, decent tights and blue 8cm heels.

Now this as you'll all know feels good but there's one problem. If I haven't something to do while dressed then I start to loose interests. So I do a wash of my femme smalls, things I sleep in, the odd skirt that's had a bit of use lately, I tidy things up that need tidying, make myself some lunch and spend time on the PC while eating, tidy some more. But there can come a point where I've done all that needs doing and as I can't go out and knowing there's thing I need to do that I need to be in drab for, dressing looses it's draw. Just sitting playing the odd game of Sudoku or patience on the tablet passes a little time but that to loses it's appeal.

I guess it's because having experienced dressing and doing outandaboutery, just being confined to 4 walls is as much frustrating as it it fulfilling. Now I appreciate there are many who would love to have opportunities such as this. I'm fortunate in getting 4 such times most weeks. Times that range from 90mins, 2 1/2 hrs through to 4 plus hours. But each one has to be filled with something for it to work. I'm not one for try on after try on in front of the mirror. I know what I look like in the things I own.

So does anyone else find they're the same?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes! I like them, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

These days, I take whatever time I can to dress. I have mastered the quick change, quick change back to maximize whatever time I have. I can usually get in at least two hours when my wife is grocery shopping. We do not have a DADT, so it's OK if she gets home early and I'm en femme, but I try not to be, not wanting to push the issue. This past week, I got started before she left, which gave me even more time, but even if i have just a short time now, I get dressed partially, or experiment some makeup. Six hours would be an embarrassment of riches.

Any time you can dress is great. But I also need something to do while dressed. Last night I had all night to dress but nowhere to go. I'll have some more time tonight but will have to take everything off by the time she gets home.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Platinum Member
    Most of my time is HAT, no time limits except my own motivation/energy. I seldom just sit around dressed and spend as little time as possible in front of a mirror. I much prefer going out into the wild, but as we all know, such opportunities have been rare during the past two years.

Helen, I would kill for that much time to myself. Good for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

wow, Helen! My story is pretty much the same. limited opportunity and then not much to do when I do have the chance to dress. I'm looking for ways to get out and about but there's nothing much on the horizon

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Helen, I would kill for that much time to myself. Good for you.
    I am definitely in this boat. Not much time alone. When it comes, enough time to put a bra on, a Halloween wig and a scoop neck top with leggings of course. Then I do what ever project I am working on with a keen ear listening for the car coming into the driveway.

My wife and I have been working from home since the pandemic started. That is actually a good thing for us, not a negative. However, there is no longer any alone time for either of us. On the rare occasion that I find some HAT it is only for an hour or two. I make sure I don't have any music on so I can hear the garage door when it opens. ;-)

No HAT here. I can never tell how long my wife will be gone. She tires more easily now and sometimes cuts her shopping time down. She often needs help bring the groceries from the car into the house.

Getting caught dressed is not an option. One of my boundaries is that "Thou shall not dress when I'm around" or to put it another way, "I shall not see thou dressed." Plus, my daughter still lives in the basement. She doesn't have use of the garage and "walks on little cat's feet." Another one of my boundaries is, "Thou shall not let thy daughter find out that thou dresses."

Dressing is not fun while walking in a minefield.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Steffi,

I do count my blessings as the saying goes. As in many things ours is a wide spectrum ranging from very occasional dressing, totally in the closet, to do it when and where with full knowledge and acceptance of an SO.

So yes I feel for those who struggle to find the time. I've gone through lean times and had to bury the urge to dress as best we ever can.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Since retiring I have more HAT than I know what to do with. Dressing is the norm, but as an athlete, I feel the pull of the out doors. Alas our personal rules mean that I usually have to be out DRAB. Not always though.

HAT is great. Unfortunately, it's very seldom I get the opportunity. Both my wife and I work from home and we have two teenage sons. Hopefully it's just a stage of life and that will improve over time.

Hi Helen, enjoy your HAT time, take whatever time you can to be yourself and enjoy it

No HAT time here Helen. If wife goes out daughters stay at home . If they all go out it is too risky making time predictions as to when they return. Like your SO I used to take elderly mother grocery shopping and have lunch. However as mother was accepting; I spent the lunch time dressed en fem as wardrobe was kept at her home. Sadly as mother has passed away , so has that opportunity. Maybe things will change in the future but who knows?Last opportunity was when they went Christmas shopping out of town.But as covid restrictions ease hopefully there will be more HAT time in the future.

Platinum Member
    By now my daily routine is pre-covid history. Before Covid and before my wife retired, when she worked full days/part time, I had about seven hours a day for Stephanie time. I too was not one to stand in front of a mirror and try on outfits all day. I donned a dress, hosiery and heels, and all the proper undergarments. I did all the household chores; change bed linens, meal prep, cooking, baking, laundry, ironing, vacuuming. I would have done those chores en drab, if necessary as my wife was working while I was home alone. When our daughter lived in the mid-west or went to see her cousin in the southwest I'd have seven to ten days of 24/7 time. Not anymore. The best I can get now is sleeping in a nightgown and panty and throw in a bra if I want as we sleep apart.

I will tell those with the routine I had, it can be stressful not to be able to have femme time when you retire. I'd love it, if I were able to grill our steaks on the indoor grill and be en femme.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Steffi,

I do count my blessings as the saying goes. As in many things ours is a wide spectrum ranging from very occasional dressing, totally in the closet, to do it when and where with full knowledge and acceptance of an SO.

So yes I feel for those who struggle to find the time. I've gone through lean times and had to bury the urge to dress as best we ever can.
    Yes, it is a wide spectrum. My HAT time is limited to maybe having enough time to try on some new clothes that I bought. Get clothes from hiding place, try on clothes, return clothes to hiding place.

But, I can go out and about en femme a couple of times a month. No questions asked, as long as I don't change at home. That sometimes leads to some risky changing times and locations.

I'm also allowed to go to a TG conference for several days. With COVID an the wane, I'm planning on going to Keystone this year.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.