Thread: The minimum

The minimum

I'm getting older, and for that and other reasons will be downsizing. As an intellectual exercise, I thought about what would be the minimum outfit I would settle for?

Decided I could exist with a white blouse, leather skirt, opaque pantyhose, black five inch heels, blonde wig, pocket bra with tits, tight panties, jewelry and makeup.
    Of course, I immediately thought that I had to have several of my other skirts, blouses, and shoes.

What would be the minimum outfit you had to have?

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Sorry. Not just an outfit for me. No less than half of a closet and half of available dresser drawers.

(And that would be a significant downsize.)

Actually, in terms of CD related items and wardrobe, I'm looking to UPSIZE as I grow older.

Downsizing would indicate an abundance of items to cull down, not me at all. I'll think of it in terms of if I knew I wouldn't be able to dress up again for quite a while, and had to choose one, or two max, ensembles to wear on one occasion, what would it be? I would have to go with the maroon dress, patterned tights, heels and the usual: tight briefs, bra with pads, cincher, hip and butt pads, and brown wig. Second, sweater dress with black tights and black flats.

I often think about the best minimum to have given that I have very few avenues to wear my pretty clothes and that I mostly have to hide them given our current state of non acceptance. So, right now, I have my two skirts and three short sleeves tops with appropriate undergarments. A wig designed for Halloween and some lip gloss that someday might see the light of day.
    Not much, but then when was the last time I had the chance to wear a skirt outside of the house?

if I was told I could only have one item of female clothing, it would be pantyhose. As far as outfits are concerned, I'd tie myself up in knots trying to decide what to keep and never make up my mind.

I don't plan on downsizing my wardrobe when retiring. Quite the opposite.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

If i was sent to an island with 1 outfit it would be secretary with a blue short sleeve blouse, black skirt, nude pantyhose, nude heels or sandal style with silver accessories.
    I need a strong color next to my face to pop my eyes out of pasty skin LOL.

I recently downsized for retirement but couldn't bring myself to part with my other self's wardrobe , I tossed what seemed like endless junk but quarters are cramped in the new condo.
    Last edited by kellyanne; 02-25-2022 at 09:56 AM.

I've struggled too long to get to this point to settle for just an outfit.
    Last edited by Cheryl T; 02-26-2022 at 12:09 PM.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    I don’t feel complete unless I am fully made up, from foundations on out. But I’m happy with any appropriate for the situation.

I would never be happy with just one outfit. I have, however, made a conscious effort to down-size the wardrobe and eliminate impulsive purchases.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 02-25-2022 at 12:24 PM.

Banned Read only
    I guess someone could be compelled to select one outfit to wear when laid out in a pine box at one's funeral. That's the only situation that makes sense to me. I am in fifteenth year of retirement and I have not downsized at all. My wardrobe continues to expand, although I have cut back on dresses. If I reduce anything it will be because the garment no longer fits, wore out or lost interest. Downsizing is a valid issue. I definitely would consider reducing my wardrobe to some "reasonable" number, if my wife were to predecease me.

If compelled, I suppose I'd go with a classic Little Black Dress with matching heels. That would come with all my sexiest lingerie, finest jewels and most attractive wig, of course.

I am not one for downsizing, I just recently, did some closet cleaning and did donate somethings to a woman's homeless shelter,
    then I went out a bought a few more items that are in style now

The outfits I like to wear as a CD consist of denim skinny jeans or jeggings, dark, body - hugging knit tops and sweaters (with padded bra of course), a mid - length leather jacket and 2 or 3 inch heeled boots. A stylish hat and sunglasses usually complete my outfits, too.
    This has become my go to outfit, and now I can't imagine being without it, so this would be my must have choice.
    Last edited by Marsha Louise; 02-25-2022 at 02:35 PM.

Looking at the replies (thanks, all of you) I see that I should have left off the backstory. So, please let me rephrase the question:

If you were limited to having only one female outfit, what would it be?

My problem is the mathmatical progression: One blouse, one skirt = one outfit.
    Two blouses, two skirts = four outfits
    Three blouses, three skirts = 9 outfits
    Four tops, four bottoms, = 16 outfits. Add another pair of shoes and those numbers double...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    One outfit would be like eating one dish for dinner the rest of my life.

Unless I'm in prison? Neither is gonna happen!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If I only could keep one outfit, it would have to be a wedding gown with all the white wedding undergarments (push-up bra, panties, corset, girdle, stockings), jewelry, favorite wig, white pumps, makeup kit and jewelry bag. Might not be practical or easy to store but it would always be heavenly to wear around the house.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia T View Post
    I'm getting older, and for that and other reasons will be downsizing. As an intellectual exercise, I thought about what would be the minimum outfit I would settle for?

Decided I could exist with a white blouse, leather skirt, opaque pantyhose, black five inch heels, blonde wig, pocket bra with tits, tight panties, jewelry and makeup.
    Of course, I immediately thought that I had to have several of my other skirts, blouses, and shoes.

What would be the minimum outfit you had to have?
    Well, you have left out any hip and butt padding so that's a no-no for me. Also, five inch heels are silly. If you want a "minimum" outfit, you need flats. Leather skirt? That's not very practical. Get a dress, a fabric, single colored skirt, or a pair of jeans.
    Krisi

Tomi
    I'm struggling with this question too right now, because I found that if I'm not limitied with my wardrobe, then i get pink fog easily, and get obsessed with the "next" item. So I draw a limit to myself based on past experiences, and found that one set of matching bra and panties, a pair of bracelets, a necklace and a wig is a good "feeling girly" starter pack I would love to have a nice dress, skirts, high heels, but in my case it's all fetish related so at the end of the day it all comes down to underwear and jewelry, so it's a good compromise.

Minimum would be black dress, black tights , bra , panties, court heels ,wig and accessories.