Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing dressed

I actually think my guitar playing is better when in dressed as a female.
    Julianna Frances

You / We all, only go around this life once (as far as we KNOW).
    The thought normally is we might regret more not doing something than doing something.
    I would say to you, Maybe 20/30 years from your event, some one might look back and think fondly on the guy that put it all out for the event.
    If YOU want to do it, then DO IT!!!!! But put forth the effort that you feel the event deserves.
    Don't go in 1/2 way, go all out to make it something others will enjoy.

Maria, as a lifelong heavy metal fan and musician, I can tell you that the Metal Community has long been an open-minded and accepting group. The bashing that happens in mosh-pits is (believe it or not) an expression of joy and trust. In a good Mosh pit, if you trip, you have less than a second before others catch you and make sure you're upright and ok. This is all to say that if you can muster up the courage to do this, I'm sure you'll get a real charge from the positive energy that occurs from playing loud energetic music to people who usually all identify as different from the mainstream in one or more ways. Also some of the most popular metal bands have genderqueer folks in them.

Also Female Metal artists have always had really fun outfits, check out Nita Strauss (plays with Alice Cooper) or the incredible Gina Gleason (Baroness) for the more conservative looks. Check out the entire band NERVOSA for some more aggressive looks.

Now put on a fierce lipstick shade and SHRED!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Personally, In the past (mainly in the 1970s) I have played bass in rock bands and I often fantasized about playing as female... like in a mini skirt, nylons / garters and sexy top,

DAMN Maria! Another great adventure story! I didn't know you played guitar! Did I ever tell you that I did too? Anyways, if you do it, get some pictures!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

If the opportunity presented itself, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Seems like a pretty common fantasy among crossdressing musicians. I always wished that I could put together a CD-themed band, but alas, I was always too closeted to actually pursue that goal. Like most things in life, it's not going to happen unless you make it happen.

Playing Dressed 2

In case anyone wanted to know it didn't happen, I should have posted it during the week but the week got crazy. It was the first event since the Covid at that place and being shut down for 2 years they found the place in worse condition then they thought and they cancelled it. I never did get back to them if I was going to do it, but it was amazing that each member of the band called me and apologized. At almost 59 it is flattering how disappointed they were and are going to keep me in mind for the future. The singer is my friends son and when I would go visit I would hang out with him and the others, I've known them when they were small kids. When I called him and asked if I could dress up and asked if this was the look the band wanted and I didn't want to do anything against the bands reputation.
    They are all very smart and respectful kids and they all answered me that they are not planning on making it big but for one day a week or month either in front of a thousand or ten people they close there eyes and for that moment they imagine they are rock stars. They told me I don't seem like a 59 year old and have a great easy going attude and they have great respect for me and they wouldn't do anything to me if they felt I couldn't handle it
    While I was deciding I did do a dress up with my wife earlier in the week to see how I would have dressed, my wife found a purple wig we had from a Halloween past and I practiced one night to see how it would be. I don't think I wasn't going to be able to handle the long boots, after a few minutes they were killing me and the heel was a little to high. I believe it would have been a great experience but my biggest question was if I was really going to go through with it, I was already making a plan B of leather pants and vest. If they ask again I will consider it.

Nice to have a musical group that you can play with on ocassion. I hope the opportunity does arise again some day. In the mean time, what a great reason to practice both musically and in terms of presentation. I am sure your wife will happily assist you with outfits and makeup. You might even practice a few looks that go against the heavy metal?like business attire or casual?. Just for artistic purposes of course

Too bad it didn't work out, sounded like fun!

It would have been a perfect opportunity to dress and just be crazy with it.

I have actually toyed with the idea of doing this. I often play solo guitar/vocals at local coffeehouses and restaurants, and have noticed the women in these circles do MUCH better in tips than the men. Who would have thought - CDing as a business decision. But then, there's the singing thing...

I hope you do play with them sometime - regardless of the costume you choose tobwear

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm sad it didn't work out, Maria. U must be disappointed? But, maybe you'll get another chance?

Meanwhile, I'm disappointed as well. You're willing to dress up as Maria in front of 1000 people but won't post a photo of her here?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!