Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mothers acceptance

Prazia, my situation was a bit like yours. I was the last of several brothers. I was my mom's "last hope" for a girl. She never dressed me up as a girl, but she did make comments from time to time (not derisive) about wishing I'd been a girl. She did allow my hair to grow longer, and she especially liked the loose curls it would generate as it got longer. I split my lip open in the middle of elementary school, and had to go to the hospital with an ice pack covering half my face. The nurse asked my mother, "How old is she?" I demanded a hair cut after that, and never got mistaken for a girl again. I had only just barely begun crossdressing at the time, and had no understanding of who I was. I thought being mistaken for a girl was a horrible, embarrassing thing. Now I can only dream of being mistaken as such As I previously noted in this thread, she was very, very upset when she found out some years later that I was crossdressing. <sigh>

Mums know, and they know you better than anyone. And many just keep their mouths shut.

That's no matter how much you scrunch their hosiery after wearing it.

Sue

My mother died several years ago at 96. She was quite open minded for a woman of her generation. I think she would have been surprised, perhaps even shocked. But I really believe she would have accepted my female side. She always said she wanted a girl lol.

My mom knew I wore here stockings and slips when I was young from about 9 years old on. She would leave the stockings in my room that she got runs in to keep me from ruining hers lol.

Hi Debbie
    What a great thread.
    My mother first caught me when I was 5, I would go into her wardrobe and put on the most beautiful dress she had I did this a couple of times before she said something to me in her calm and relaxed voice, about boys not wearing dresses. The next time she said something to me was when I was in my mid teens. The families ironing was kept in my bedroom and and at the bottom of the pile was a skirt belonging to my cousin, every night, I?d put the skirt on and read before I fell asleep. I?d take the skirt off before sleep and id replace it on the bottom of the pile, this went on for a couple of weeks. I then noticed that the skirt would be placed on top of the pile and be folded. My mother mentioned that if I go into the iron pile please don?t upset it too much.
    The third time she said something to me I was in my late teens early 20?s I had a late night out drinking beers and I came home and I had a bra that I used to wear. I put the bra on and fell asleep in a drunken stupor, I woke next morning in my bra and she asked me why was I wearing a bra, I mumbled something about a bet with a girl or something, she rolled her eyes and laughed.
    We never really discussed it, but I don?t think it would have worried her too much

I guess that I was about 9 or 10. I was playing baseball with some friends in the back yard, and I came in for a drink of water.

My mom was painting her nails, and I guess that I must have just stood there enthralled by it all. She looked up at me and asked, "Do you want me to pain your nails?" I really did, but didn't want to admit it. I came over to her and held out my hand. She painted one nail. I must have had a panic attack. I pulled my hand away and wiped off the nail polish with a tissue before it was even dry. Then she cleaned it off completely with some nail polish remover.

I went back out to play ball with the guys. It turned out to be my only opportunity ever. She never asked again at a more opportune time.

I wa into her panty drawer many times, probably when I was older. I was very careful to put everything back exactly where I found it. But did I? My mom's panty draw was usually very neat and organized. One time I found it very messy, as if the panties had just been thrown in. I thought that is was a trap and that I would not be able to put everything back together correctly.

I just closed the drawer and went on to other pursuits. I found that she had put a lot of older clothes into an extra dresser in the basement. That became my pursuit for that night.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

A few years back I was spending a lot of time with my parents and get close to my mom. For some reason I went through this phase that I wanted to tell my mom and look for some acceptance. My wife made a good point asking me why I wanted to do this now at her age and why I didn't do it when she was younger. I took her advice a left well alone.

I opened up to my mother on the phone one night while my wife at the time was running her mouth in the background told her how long I?d been doing it and she said it was ok whatever I was doing so long as I was safe.
    Last edited by char GG; 04-03-2022 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Talk about weapons is not allowed

When I told my mother about my crossdressing and how it all started, she had this horrified look on her face. She wouldn't ever talk about it; the one time while visiting her, I picked up one of her clothing catalogs, and she responded in disgust, 'Are you still doing that?' and walked away. For the next 17 years, she would continue to use me as a handyman and driver when she wanted something. But that was all.
    Sister responded similarly, and basically cut off communication other than one word responses to emails and phone calls; she never initiates contact.
    Sometimes family is nice to have; other times, well, not so much.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I did well as my grandmother encouraged me to pass as a girl.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think mine had some type of idea because I've always been somewhat girly and never interested in much that guys usually are but I don't think much as ever shown on the outside. Short story - wife found a few pics and threatened to tell my family, I called my mom and got her to come over while I was living alone at the time and I told her myself, all the story. We had always been very close and I told her just about everything except that, so then she knew that part of me too. We spent a lot of time together after that and she bought me a lot of stuff and helped me a lot too, even did my makeup for me from time to time when I wanted it. We grew much, much closer after that

I stole a LOT of stuff (swimming suits and pantyhose) from my mother around 11 and when she found the hidden stash her reaction was "why did you take my things? I looked for them everywhere". She knew I had this curiosity towards female clothes since she found me with one of her pantyhose a while before. She asked again if I liked to dress as a girl and I lied once more, babbling some ludicrous excuse (I remember it, and oh my, it was really, really a silly excuse). She dropped the subject and just said "well, do not take my things anymore". And that was it. The subject was never brought up again. In retrospect she seemed only angry because of the stealing and vain searches. The crossdressing itself didn't seem to worry her much. Forward 40+ years. At times I think I should tell her the truth, I think she deserves it, but on the other hand she was never able to keep a secret and I am not ready to be outed to my other relatives, so, complicated. But she sure seemed to be understanding, and never chastised or teased me in any way about it.

I'm pretty sure my mother knew but never said a word.
    She caught me once sleeping in a pair of my sister's panties. Nothing was said, but that weekend all of my tighty-whitey briefs disappeared and were replaced with men's bikini briefs in various colors. Of course, I still borrowed my sisters panties. They were, well, panties after all.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

My then wife was in the hospital for a surgery, My mother was there for support.
    We got involved in a conversation about my brother in-law that I found out at that point was a CDer
    until that conversation I did not know that. I took my mother outside where we could be away from
    people and continued the discussion.

I told her I was a CDer, and she had caught me years before. She said she did not remember that
    and thought it was my brother. Lol, that brings up other questions for me.
    At any rate, My mother was totally accepting, My brother in-law was a CDer, as well as my uncle (Her brother)

My mother was an amazing person. She had such a wonderful personality, EVERYONE loved her.
    And such a wonderful mind. She was a very smart woman. Knew the answers for everything I ever threw at her.
    And no matter what the great love of a mother was there. Even if her son was a CDer.

I am not sure she ever told my father, I suspect she did. They were extremely close and I am pretty
    sure there was no secrets between them.

fast forward many years. Mom had passed.
    I was separated from my wife. living 1000 miles from her.
    Divorce was in process.
    Dad was visiting me, and I got a call from her, Of course it was another huge fight
    She put me on the spot and asked if my father new is was a CDer.
    Knowing this woman the way she was.(EVIL) she would call my father and tell him.

I quickly determined now had to be the time to tell Dad
    So I swallowed my pride and told him.
    Wow that conversation totally surprised me.
    He reaction was 1000% opposite from what I expected from him.

He was very calm, Said he knew my Uncle was a CDer
    and one of his friends grandchildren was Intersexed.
    We talked for maybe 5 minutes on the subject and that was it.
    The relationship between him and I has not changed one bit.

He was the last one that I was concerned about finding out.
    Now everyone that I care about knows. So if I happen to leave something out when anyone comes here, it wont be a total shock,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"