Thread: Anyone dressing up special for Mardi Gras?

Anyone dressing up special for Mardi Gras?

With tomorrow being "Fat Tuesday", the seasonal start of the Mardi Grad festival, I'm wondering whether any of you girls will be taking advantage of this annual opportunity to take your dressing to another level, either in New Orleans or the comfort of your own homes. It's all about having fun, and a great chance to go all out; the more colorful and feminine the better. Any takers out there?
    Fashion liberated and loving it!

Platinum Member
    Totally forgot about Mardi Gras. It has not been a big deal at the north end of the Mississippi, but does sound like a good excuse to go a bit over the top.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Hmmm. It's T girl nite at Hamburger Mary's in Long Beach Sat.

Maybe time to put something crazy together for Sherry to wear?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I hadn't thought of that! New Orleans - Mardi Gras - Dressed, and way over the top! - I have a new bucket list item!

I'm afraid I didn't think of Mardi Gras coming up. Looks like it will have to go on the bucket list here too. If I start now I can hav an appropriately outlandish outfit for next year.
    So many new things to learn

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I am a bit disappointed nowadays. When I was a Boy growing up on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, It was a LOT more fun. Almost everybody dressed up then, Needless to say, dressing as the opposite sex was the really BIG thing back then. But I was and still am "closeted" so didn't participate. But I sure had fun, guessing who was who, and what was what (Often surprisingly hard to tell) And getting ideas for my own private activities. Most folks don't dress up any more, but we DO have BIGGER parades.---------- That Dressing as a Girl thing also carried over big, down there, for Halloween too. I remember the time one of my friends used Some of that Hazel Bishop 24 Hour lipstick by mistake and couldn't get it off----(When they said 24 hours they really meant it--The Bromine dies used had to WEAR off) He ended up having to wear it to CHURCH the next day and still had traces at school next Monday morning.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 03-01-2022 at 06:58 AM.

I wish I could go but am too busy with work lately. In the right setting, it can be a lot of fun to have a flamboyant outfit, and Marti Gras is certainly a good place for it.

Sandi

If I were in New Orleans, probably. Since I'm not, no.

We celebrate carnival locally, but I have yet to dress for that as well.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Reality Check
    Well, I am dressed in the comfort of my own home, but I didn't realize it was a special day.
    Krisi

Nothing special for me.
    Just a trip to the bank and grocery store today. No special outfit.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Fat Tuesday is rhe end of Marci Gras.