Thread: Someone to share.

Someone to share.

During last year I came out to my elder sister and he has been great ever since. As I was deep in the closet I knew of the loneliness that goes along with that. Even with one person to share your secret life becomes much better. One of the pluses is being able to share funny little moments. One such happened two Sundays ago. My sister phoned and we were discussing clothes I held the phone to my skirt and rustled my skirt. I asked her if she recognised the sound, I was wearing a taffeta slip, which makes a marvellous sound, she answered no and I told her what it was. You are in the bedroom she replied, to which I said no I am in the living room watching tv. Oh you are wearing it she said in a slightly surprised voice while she was laughing. Doesn't mean much to anyone else but it made my day that she knew I was en femme and we continued to talk as it were all normal. I did let her know how I appreciated that moment

Sounds like you have a great sister. It must have been fun to joke and laugh, especially when it comes it our dressing. Hope to hear more positive sister stories soon

Georgina, What a wonderful story about your sister. I can understand how you appreciated that moment
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    Nice to have moments like that to share. I have a few GG friends that I can be as open with. One time last year I was talking on the phone with one of them. When I got up and walked across the room, it kinda surprised me when she asked if I was wearing heels, cause she could hear them click on the tile floor.

Georgina, I'm glad you have a sister you can reach out to.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Georgina, that's wonderful to know of your sister's acceptance. I have 2 brothers - one older and one younger. I suspect both of them would be anything but accepting. That's why, aside from having outed myself to my wife, I shall remain in the closet as far into the future as I can see.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Platinum Member
    You have to wonder what life would have been if a family member finds out when you're deceased. Would there had been full acceptance? "Why did he hide that all his life?" Or, "I knew he was a pervert!"

Georgina, its heartwarming to know that your sister is supportive.The small gestures make all the difference.

Having some one to 'share' is a wonderful step forward.....
    Congratulations!

Love the story. One of my sisters know I dress. She does not bring it up when we talk. Arg.... I wish she would.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Very cool that you have that sibling connection in this way.

I sympathize with those that have no one to share with and know I am truly fortunate to have one. You are right it is the smallest of events that can mean the most.

It's nice to have someone to share with. Beware of boundaries however. Rustling a slip over the phone with your sister may be crossing an intimacy line, and there is a possibility that she won't tell you so because she doesn't want to embarrass or hurt you.

Diane I am lucky in that we have no problems in that department. I will not put her in any awkward positions. She has already seen many of my photos and has seen and handled a lot of my slip and girdle collection. She has already had said taffeta slip in her hands. She missed the main slip and girdle era and so wants to learn about it. I am her willing tutor.

I have two younger sisters and an older brother, none of whom would necessarily disown me over this but they would certainly not be accepting? it would be a constant stream of teasing and whatnot much as when we were kids? so that?ll never happen (telling them) ? once I retire and don?t GAF about losing income over it - if they find out, so be it. But until then? you all will have to be my sisters

VS Fan, like you I'm biding my time until retirement to get to the point in my life where I have "<censored> you money". Like you, I gain support from people on this forum vicariously; just reading what other people say is a support on its own. I wish this forum had a "like" button; I feel like I'm talking into a void sometimes when I do post. Not an attention monger; just wish it was more interactive. Regardless, sharing thoughts here as well is its own support, even if no one says anything. I have a supportive wife, and I share things with her of course, but having all of you is a blessing as well. I remember back in the 90s when I first started poking around on the nascent Internet trying to find information about crossdressing, and being astonished I wasn't the only one.

I have several female friends who know about my Crossdressing and have seen pictures of me. I also have a few that have seen me in person and I have never had a bad reaction from any of them but I am selective about who I let on to. It is absolutely wonderful to have their support and sometimes even has their company in shopping too.