The last two years have provided very little Sandra time. Being in a DADT situation meant that having to work from home hasn?t been an opportunity to dress more because my wife has being working from home for 7 years. I still get an hour or two when he she has a hair or beauty appointment but I used to look forward to her going overseas for work 3 or 4 times a year; giving me a chance to fully immerse for a week and venture out. Travel restrictions killed that off.

It looked like she was set to travel again from July and I was planning in my head all the different outfits I would wear each day, what I would do and where I would go. The anticipation of stepping out of the closet for an extended period was energising. But this week she tells me there has been a change to the destination and her business meeting will now be in Dublin; how about I join her to do some sightseeing on my own for few days and we?ll tag on a 10 day holiday to the end of it.

My heart sank as that much yearned for Sandra time evaporated but, hey, it means I get to visit a city I?ve long wanted to see and we spend time on holidays together which I just love. I guess Sandra is going to have to stay in the closet a bit longer.