Thread: Rare chance to dress gone but it?s not all bad

Rare chance to dress gone but it?s not all bad

The last two years have provided very little Sandra time. Being in a DADT situation meant that having to work from home hasn?t been an opportunity to dress more because my wife has being working from home for 7 years. I still get an hour or two when he she has a hair or beauty appointment but I used to look forward to her going overseas for work 3 or 4 times a year; giving me a chance to fully immerse for a week and venture out. Travel restrictions killed that off.

It looked like she was set to travel again from July and I was planning in my head all the different outfits I would wear each day, what I would do and where I would go. The anticipation of stepping out of the closet for an extended period was energising. But this week she tells me there has been a change to the destination and her business meeting will now be in Dublin; how about I join her to do some sightseeing on my own for few days and we?ll tag on a 10 day holiday to the end of it.

My heart sank as that much yearned for Sandra time evaporated but, hey, it means I get to visit a city I?ve long wanted to see and we spend time on holidays together which I just love. I guess Sandra is going to have to stay in the closet a bit longer.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

Platinum Member
    If femme time is going to be blown away at least going to Dublin is a great consolation prize.

Aspiring Member
    Ill take dublin with my wife over dressing every day of the week.

But you might be able to get in both while she works

Dublin has a great trans community and scene. So if you have some time there to yourself, theres always a plan B.

Sounds a lot like my situation, Sandra. I've been working remotely since the pandemic started, but that coincided with my wife deciding to retire, so there's been zero Jennifer time beyond a couple of scattered hours here and there. And the plans for overseas travel (together and separately) have just been impossible because everything going on. Even if dressing up weren't in the picture, I'm still a firm believer that couples need some time apart on a regular basis, or else they'll drive each other nuts.

I'm sure you'll both have a great time in Dublin.

I see the possibility of some Sandra time in Dublin! All is not lost!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    If you are even close to where our DADT relationship lives then a free holiday in Dublin will be worth a dozen days as Sandra. Enjoy time with your partner, the rest is mostly selfish pleasure. Great fun but there is often more to life.
    Last edited by Jane G; 03-04-2022 at 01:48 PM.

A thousand times better than a wife going on a business trip and not wanting her husband to join her!

I like spending some time with my wife, but I get it. Before my wife was accepting I would make plans for when she was going to be gone and then she would stay home. Kind of bitter sweet.

Much better now. If we travel my wife asks me what outfits I am taking with.

Enjoy Dublin and take along a small sampling of Sandra clothing just in case the opportunity presents itself. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    A thousand times better than a wife going on a business trip and not wanting her husband to join her!
    MASSIVE red flag right there. That relationship is already cactus. Anything is better than that.

I knew I?d find an understanding audience here, so thanks for all the support.

There?s no chance of Sandra stowing away any of her gear without being caught and anyway, as most of you rightly said, there is a time and place for dressing so I have no problem in staying happily in male mode and enjoying creating memories together. There will be other opportunities; it?s all about being patient. I?m excited to explore Dublin.

Jennifer, I totally agree with you and feel our relationship is stronger for being comfortable in doing some things separately even though we enjoy doing so much together. I?m really into live music/concerts/gigs but attend so many of them on my own because she doesn?t share that interest. If I didn?t go solo I wouldn?t have gotten to see so many great shows. Finding the right balance is the key.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

Well I'm sure if you need any travel advice for what to see on your extended trip the good ladies of the UK will be more than willing to offer advice. Are you planning to go to continental Europe as well?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

While I understand your disappointment at not being able to dress, a trip to Ireland sounds like a good alternative.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".