Thread: Cut my hair

Cut my hair

After a year of disparaging comment from my SO. I cut my hair to a man's regular.

I hate it. But the constant comments finally got to me. She won.

Arg. Back to wigs. If I could swear here I would.

Natalie

Thanks for the encouragement. It's been 10 weeks since my last haircut as I want to let it grow. Two days ago my wife commented I really need a haircut. I said I was wanting to let it grow since I never had long hair back in the 60s and 70s when it was a popular men's fashion. I have a feeling it won't be long (pun intended) before she starts making comments more often. Of course, my trump card is when I suggest I really love her hair shoulder length and longer yet she keeps it shorter. She doesn't cut her hair to the length I like and I'm not certain I'm obligated to keep mine at the length she suggests. BTW, these are not at all major conflicts in our lives - it's just hair. But, I do wonder at what point she will complain a bit more vigorously.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

At least you have some hair to cut, sigh. PS: women always win!

Karren, does the fact women always win mean if I start dressing 100% and 100% of the time, this woman would then win? Oh, wait, my wife's a red head and they rule supreme.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Hmmmm. Might be a tie for a while but at some point you will have to take your clothes off and then she wins! That did not come out right. Lol.

Somedays my wife tries to encourage me to grow my hair back. My head has been shaved for well over 10 years. There's a story behind that but once it was shaved I've never gone back. It's so easy to take care of...lol. I shave normally a couple times a week to keep it smooth.

I?ve often thought long hair would be fun and look good, but my short hair is just so easy to take care of I never let it go very far.

Hi Natalie,

Happy wife. Happy life. I guess. You can always grow it out again.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I'm about 11 months into letting my hair grow out and still in the wild stage. I last let it grow in the early 70s and people used to comment that I had shoulder width hair. That is still the case. I'm hoping that it will get long enough by summer to get it into a pony tail. We will see.
    So many new things to learn

I have not tried growing my hair out, but I did grow my nails out quite long last year. My wife made increasingly nasty comments about my nails needing to be cut, so I eventually gave in. It was quite painful to look at them for a while after I cut them, so I totally get how you feel about it.

Sandi

Ask your wife to imagine if you told her the way she wore her hair needed to change.

Would the answer be different ?
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Natalie, my wife accepts a lot from me, so if she wanted me to cut my hair, I would. But that is just me.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I am disappointed for sure. I have been coloring it and was getting better with the curling iron too. I thought it was very feminine when I dressed it up. That was the problem, I looked too feminine.

My SO puts up with a lot of my antics. I decided to fold on this one and not die on this hill.

Natalie white dress.jpg

So many wives and SOs who think it's all about THEM, and that they should always have the final say on things like this.

As Shelly said, how would they feel if the shoe was on the other foot, and we told THEM to get their hair cut or wear a certain style? Or that they couldn't wear a particular style of dress? Or couldn't wear jeans?

As I've said before, some of this kind of treatment is outright spouse-abuse.

BTW, Natalie, I think your hair looks great in your pic. Wish mine did. And I LOVE that top.
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 03-06-2022 at 04:49 PM.

Actually the top is a tea length cocktail dress.

I am super kind to my wife. She is perfect for me. Not so much for Natalie.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    As above. Happy wife = happy life. I stopped going to the hair dressers during the first covid lock down. My hair was getting longer and I was just starting to play around with it. Then my wife said she would cut it for me and she has been cutting it since.

@ Natalie:

Top or dress - it's still lovely!

Reality Check
    Personally, I could probably grow my own hair out, but I would get comments from my friends and family so I don't. Long hair needs a lot of care and long grey hair is not attractive. Growing my hair out and coloring it blonde would really raise eyebrows.

So, I have short grey hair as Homer and long blonde hair as Krisi. It works out pretty well.
    Krisi

I guess I'm lucky. I've had long hair for most of my life, with a few years exceptions for sales jobs and a couple other things. People expect me to have hair, so it's easy to. Hair, tats, earrings, I just look like a rocker I guess, which I'm ok with. As to the other points here, my wife likes my hair which is great! I like my wife with mid to long hair, but every so many years she decided to whack it. She regrets it afterwards, I hate it, but I love her. And that's that. I love her, she loves me. Hair is just hair. It doesn't make you a man or a woman. It's just hair. And it's dead (look it up, it is).