Thread: Another step forward

Another step forward

My wife is well aware of my crossdressing. She accepts/tolerates it without comment. The 2 rules are I am never to embarrass her and right now she doesn't want me parading around in front of her in a dress or a nighty. However, I do wear a nighty to bed every night along with a bra, breast forms, panties, and stockings. That isn't an issue for her.

This morning before either of us is out of bed, we're awaken by a phone call to me. I answer it. It's a friend wanting me to proofread an email he sent me before he sends it out to others. So, I go to the family room and turn on my computer. There is no email so I call him back. He used an old email address so while we're on the phone he resends it and I proofread it. After we're done (about 10 minutes), I go to the bathroom and then brush my teeth. I returned to the bedroom to see my wife had already changed the sheets (always a Friday chore). I laid down on the bed while she was brushing her teeth. I'm still wearing the nighty and other items. I'm lying on my back (on top of the bedding) with the DD breast forms proudly pointing toward the ceiling but hidden by my blue bra. I suggested to my wife that a good morning kiss would be welcome. She walked over to the side of the bed where I was, leaned over, and we enjoyed a prolonged, deep kiss. We kiss like that often when I have breast forms in my bra; but, we've always been standing up. For her to lean over with me laying on the bed with my nighty in full view was something new.

Also, the past few days when I've left the house wearing breast forms, she's not said anything. I did that twice today. I only do that when the weather is cool enough I wear a jacket or coat. Also, if I'm going in a store, I generally remove the forms. My first trip today was to the post office (drop mail in the drive-up mailbox), then to the drive-up ATM machine at the bank, and then to the hardware store. I did remove them before going in the hardware store. However, I went to the local Chinese carry out tonight and left the forms in my bra. If the lady at the counter was paying attention, I'm sure she would have noticed the 2 bulges in my baseball style jacket. Guess what. I really didn't care.

Anyway, I'm beginning to believe I'm not too far away from my wife accepting me wearing my dresses and nighties in front of her. I do think she is slowly coming around to realizing my crossdressing is not a threat to us and I'm still the lovable old curmudgeon she married. Progress may be slow; but, one step at a time generally works. I'm thrilled with this small (maybe large) step forward.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

so happy for you heather. that's a big step

Small steps and keep talking

Maybe it's a good time to ask her. Then you won't have to guess or look for "maybe large step forward" clues but maybe that's not what she's thinking.

That is good to hear Heather. At this point, my wife isn't that accepting of me dressing enfemme. It's more of a is this okay or how much makeup thing. I'm trying but I think it's going to take time. A lot of time.

Hi Heather, as long as you are happy and she is staring to move forward with this, it's one step at a time

Banned Read only
    Don't forget a woman has a right to change her mind. Nowhere in your post do you state any verbal interaction with your wife. Are you interpreting "Silence is Golden?" I think tolerance and acceptance are two different things.

I think you need to be careful and check with our wife on her thoughts.

I can understand her not saying anything when you received the phone call. As you were dealing with that you would not really think to remove your breast forms.
    The other times she may not have noticed you are wearing them. Think about how many men get in trouble for not complimenting there wife's new hairstyle, because they did not notice.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Heather, I'm glad that your wife is more accepting.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I honestly wish my wife was that accepting. So far it's been no dresses or no skirts. Also no clothing that looks too feminine. So for now I'm stuck dressing as I want in the very early hours of the weekends before she wakes up or my daughter when she is here for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather76 View Post
    she doesn't want me parading around in front of her
    I'm always curious; what constitutes 'parading'? Do you have to march in a particular way? Or maybe play an instrument or something?
    'Prancing', too; who prances? I never did. All I usually do is walk around normally when I'm in girl clothes. The closest I come to parading or prancing, is when I watch football games in my cheerleader uniform and try to duplicate the cheerleader's moves (and yes, I have pom-poms).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Lexi, you wondering what "parading around" means gave me a good chuckle. And, I never have pranced. I'm not light enough on my feet for that. lol
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.