Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: us older crossdressers how do you feel still after all these years

us older crossdressers how do you feel still after all these years

me i love to dress i know i dont look like the woman in my mind but i put on a dress or bra or perfume i feel inside that im just as pretty as any woman out there even though i know im a fat ugly woman while dressed .how do you feel now that your older

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Well, older for sure. Other than that, I still have a pulse. And that's good, too.
    Tomorrow is still a mystery. So waking up is good.
    I think I've covered everything, right?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

At 64, I'm enjoying and embracing it more now than I ever have.
    I've no illusions that I'm pretty or that I could pass, but I'm happy to just dress age-appropriately, blend in, go about my business, and enjoy it as best I can.
    I'm not into the dating (guys) or nightclub scene, so I don't NEED to 'be' glamourous or sexy in the eyes of others. When I DO get 'glammed up' it's for myself and close friends only. All I really wish for is an accepting partner/SO/wife to share my remaining time with.
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 03-06-2022 at 04:39 PM.

Platinum Member
    I feel tired and worn out. Time takes its toll, although waking up in the morning is still great. Not being able to dress as often as I wish does not bear down on me as when I was young. When I was young I use to grab at the "crumbs of time," as I call it. I see that in many posts. Wife is away for an hour and it's off to the races to get a "fix." A short burst of femme time. If it's not the entire day, I'll pass on it. I'm content to sleep in a nightie and panty. I cannot undo the past, so I let it be. I do read the obituaries in the Sunday newspaper. It is a little unsettling to see the names of way too many people younger than me there.

Platinum Member
    I have my share of aches and pains. Advancing age is apparent on my face and neck. I really have cut back on going out and I think that has affected my confidence as much as the physical decline.

I feel that I am running out of time! Sigh.

With regards to CDing, I haven't been at it "all these years." I'm 76 and not quite 2 years into this adventure. Other than CDing, I am the healthiest insulin dependent, cancer surviving, quadruple by-pass patient with chronic kidney disease and hypertension you will ever meet. I've slowed down in the past 10 years; but, I can still drive the golf ball a consistent relatively straight 200 yards and then mess up my shots the rest of the way to the green. Although I have a bulging disc, I live pain free at least 99% of the time. I am 22 pounds heavier than when I came out of Navy boot camp in 1966 - probably the most buff I ever was. My neck has enough loose skin if I ever did dress in public nobody would find my Adam's apple. When we married, I promised my wife 50 years and I don't lie to her. We've been married 38 years; so, I'm looking forward to at least 12 more wonderful years with her. After age 88, who knows what will happen.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I have found that CDing has had a wonderful "youthening" effect on me. When fully dressed, I am not the 70 year old person with all the usual aches, pains, operations, medication needs and stress that goes along with it. Instead, my alter ego takes charge, and I imagine her no older than 40, sensual, vibrant and in great health with many years ahead. Even engaging in a CD related activity - practicing makeup ideas, shopping (oh yeah, shopping) preparing for a photo session, or even just writing on the board or to a friend I've made here brings on a good measure of those euphoric, living in the moment feelings. And in my instance, my active participation in this sport is still new. I'm surprised that so few have discovered this virtual fountain of youth.

Although I am a pre-op transwoman, I am going to answer!
    I was late to the party! Only at this for about 6 years! I have all the aches and pains of an older girl! Too much medication! That said, life is good! I still feel a slight thrill when the wind blows up my skirt! The caress of a cold hoop earring on my neck! The wind blowing my real hair and seeing my real hair blowing in the wind!! Greater appreciation of the simple things!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    If this was only for crossdressers, I apologize!
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

@ Kris:

I'd noticed that, but thought it was probably just me.

I feel much better and happier 'inside' when I'm younger, healthier, prettier Wendy, than I do when I'm old tired balding Jimmy. It really is incredible how much different I feel, even though I know it's only an illusion.

I enjoy it as much or mote than ever. It motivates me to keep my weight down and stay in shape. I am purposely single so I can dress whenever I like and I actually find myself going out dressed as a casual girl more than I have before. There are lots of older women in the world and women that are not beautiful and they still go about their lives everyday they can't opt out and I can find something to love in all of them, so I go on as well.

Just today I had a 10 minute conversation with a young lady and when her husband joined us she referred to me as "she" and " her". Made me feel all warm inside I think I will continue for a few years more. Riki

Late 60's but still reasonably fit and active. A few aches every now and then but I don't feel old. Age is a number after all.

As for dressing. Age has bought experience and knowledge. I know what fits me and what suits me to be able to go out and about and blend in. I also have more confidence which leads me to do things that bring me into ever greater contact with Joe public.

Yesterday I had the house to myself for the afternoon and spent 5+hours in 8cm heels. True my feet were starting to ache but on was on the move most of the time.

And if there's one thing age has brought then it's a greater feeling of who I am. Any turmoil I felt years ago has gone.

As for when I'll stop going out dressed, we'll I think and hope that's a good few years away yet.

I still feel great when dressed. I can dress when I want and I am enjoying my male life as well.

Coming up on 68 I still feel great. Daily exerciser for over 40 years and eat healthy. My presentation is obviously not as good as it was 10.15, or 20 years ago; but then again neither is most GG's. I still get a tremendous amount of enjoyment presenting my feminine self.

I feel like an aging guy in pretty and sexy clothes. The only difference as I get older is I'm having more troubles understanding why wearing a skirt or a cute top is weird and/or unacceptable. I find myself taking more risks, wearing what I want more and where people might see me.

I guess that I am in the minority here. Being retired has liberated me from some of the stress of working and being tied down. Now I find myself going more places, spending times with friends and family and less time to dress up. Wife is also retired and that means my time to dress up is much more limited as well. But really, I do t mind. It does not bother me and is simply don?t think about it that much anymore. There have been times recently when I could have had some dress up time but I have instead just passed.

Krissy, I'm in my sixth decade revolving around the sun. I have lots of aches and pains, but still enjoy dressing every chance I get. The feeling of beinging covered in soft fabrics colorful makes me excited as it did 50 years ago. My only regret is I don't have more chance to dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Late 50s opportunities less than when younger. Like others have pointed out a few aches , pains medication etc but plenty of life left I hope.I found it was more exciting when younger due to it being a new experience and journey of discovery. Maybe I am regressing instead of progressing. Still enjoy it when I can .Under no illusions that I don?t look as good as in my youth.Not as confident either. But age has brought more comfort and acceptance of my own skin. Onwards and upwards hopefully.Never enough time in the day .

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryAverageGuy View Post
    I feel like an aging guy in pretty and sexy clothes. The only difference as I get older is I'm having more troubles understanding why wearing a skirt or a cute top is weird and/or unacceptable. I find myself taking more risks, wearing what I want more and where people might see me.
    I understand I dress more middle of the genders in a nonbinary way and I get out more and risk being seen more than a few years ago. It is so much fun! Riki

In mid-70s here. I realize that Gretchen is a middle range senior and so sensational is a bit of a contradiction. I regret that I did not confront and accept this aspect much earlier, but nothing can be done about that. I enjoy it when I become more female-like emotionally to the extent that I need to dress differently and more female. Going to that degree rarely ever happens any more. I don't try to look young as I have seen older women do that and it rarely comes out good. For me, work with what I have and make the best of it without looking like I am 20 years younger and a cougar on the prowl. I don't go out fully dressed but rather a bit androgynous and that works fine.

Kind of like the stages of grief, I am in the acceptance stage at this point.

Krissy - I agree 100% with your statement about knowing the truth of what I look like, versus what I pretend I look like.

I am underdessing a lot more than I used to, and also wearing more women's deodorant, etc.

Aspiring Member
    Soon to turn 67 i feel life has passed me bye.
    Lacking the courage to openly be me is all on
    me and no one else.

I may be getting older, but I am loving being me more each day.
    When I was younger there was the odd hour or two that I could don my favorite things and be me. Now I have every day and finally have been able to just relax and be myself.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am at the top end of the 60's, with the usual aches and pains. i have found that when i dress, they seem to go away. Coming up on almost 50 years of dressing and it took me oh so many decades to understand, accept and be comfortable with my other side.

I do not go out anymore, ( ventured out only a couple of times 20 years ago) but the comfort I get from a couple of hours in the house makes many issues and aches fade away and my normal fun spirit return. I am not sure if I would've done anything different. Marsha is part of me and feels very good when she is acknowledged.

Older is better. 67 and I still enjoy being enfemme when I can. Like others here my presentation may be less effective when dressed but my worry about it is way less. My for enjoyment for dressing remains as strong as ever.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.