Thread: A bit nervous

A bit nervous

I had an appointment scheduled at the VA for this coming Saturday. It would have been my first visit to this facility and this doctor since we moved. My plan was to wear matching panties and bralette with silicone inserts as I thought that attire would add some validity for a request to be referred to the VA LGBTQ+ Care Program. I got a call from the VA today informing me they no longer have Saturday appointments.....and could I come in on Tuesday at 11 am. HUH??
    So, I will be seeing the doctor in about 11 hours. I asked if I would be seeing the same doctor (a woman) and was told no. The caller gave me the name of the doctor I will see and mentioned "she" during our conversation. So apparently, I will still be seeing a female doctor which is my preference when it comes to talking about cross dressing. Anyway, since this visit is now in my sights, I'm feeling a bit nervous. I have about a 45 minute drive there and again back home. You can bet my breast forms will be in place during the drive. However, I will remove them for the visit with the doc.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

not new anymore just shy VickieBonne's Avatar
    Good luck! And thank you for your service.

Hope things go well

Heather,

Thanks for your service, I'm a vet also...

Be yourself, be brave and own it like the woman you are...

And be sure to let us know the outcome.

Davina

Good luck Heather! - keep us posted.

I?m in the healthcare business, and am confident most of us will be completely supportive of your request. Whether you?re dressed or not shouldn?t affect the doctor. My suggestion is you should wear whatever you?re most comfortable with in this anxiety provoking situation. Be brave!

Platinum Member
    Nothing to worry about.

Over a year ago I attended my first inperson VA medical exam in full female attire. All I asked was that I be listed as trans on the record. I seldom have medical needs, but for routine appointments I go as a woman and am always referred to with my preferred pronouns. I have not elected to pursue HRT or other stuff, so for now its just a matter of me expressing my preference.

Heather, consider attaching your forms to your body at home, then there is no choice when you arrive at the Dr., you go in shoulders back, chest out.

Just a thought.
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I have been going to the VA for checkups once a year since receiving my disability rating. They have always been just chatting and general healt questions. My last visit that changed. After the usual questions, she said "ok, hop up on the table and take your shoes and socks off". Uh oh, I'm wearing bright nail polish on my toes. I told her my wife did it while she was doing the grandkids toes. Looking back, I wish I had told the truth. Had she wanted to do a full physical, the cat would have been out of the bag since I was wearing red lacy panties. If it happens the next time, I will most likely admit to her that I'm a crossdresser. Assuming I get a female. I'm not sure I could come out to a male doctor.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've been going to the VA for 30+ years, Heather. Altho they keep switching my main doc, they have all been minority women. All very competent and caring. I haven't come out at the VA because my interest is in them giving me the best care possible. So, I want my interaction with them to be about that and NOT my crossdressing!

I don't think any of the VA health docs or staff would think worse of me if I did come out to them. It would just be an unwanted distraction in my mind!

I don't believe anyone there would care if u wore forms or not!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 03-08-2022 at 12:11 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Good luck Heather, I am sure all will go well for you.....and thank you for your service

Oh my gosh, Heather, they have seen it all and you will not have any problems with your presenting in femme.
    I would even leave my forms in...act like you would at home, for petes sake.
    I know, it is easy for us to say, we are not there.
    In my VA experience there was some question with my ID picture and gender on my state license.
    They actually thought I was my wife.
    But once the they made me verify my social security number in person and my last duty station, they realized I was me.
    I found out after my application, I had too good insurance thru my wifes work and was denied any benefits.
    I have to wait till my wife retires now but they still keep in touch with me, which is nice.
    Hope you get you medical issues figured out and live a quality life, free from pain!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Here are the results of today's appointment. Of course, the first person I visited with was an LPN. Among other things, she asked if there was anything I particularly wanted to speak with the doctor about. I told her I would be asking the doctor for a referral to the LGBTQ+ Care Program. She said, "Okay, anything else?" We moved on. When I visit with the doctor, she asks if I have any concerns; so, I told her I'd like the referral. Done deal. She (the young 30 something doctor) wants to check my heartbeat and places the stethoscope on the outside of my golf shirt. I don't believe she made contact with the bralette when checking on my chest; but, I know she touched the bralette hooks when checking on my back. After she was done, in came a woman to set up my first session with the LGBTQ+ program. I'm going back next Thursday afternoon for my first therapy workshop. Based on that, I'll find out where else we go, if anywhere. Please read a new thread I'm about to start to answer the comment "if anywhere." During our conversation she asked if my children knew I cross dress. I told her only my wife, the LPN, the doctor, and now her knew and I have intentions of telling anyone else.

While I wore my breast forms for the 40 minute drive to the VA, I left them in the car during my appointment and put them back in my bralette for the drive home with 1 exception. I took them out again when I went into the Ross Dress for Less store. I purchased an all black dress with a pleated bottom half. I'll be trying it on tonight BEFORE I remove the tags to make sure it fits. All in all, a good day.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.