Thread: Fabulous day!!!!

Fabulous day!!!!

I finally ventured out yesterday to the mall, my first stop was at belks at Estee Lauder, were I received a full makeover. I mean a Full makeover, the ladies asked if it was for my wife? I said NO, it's for me. They giggled, I spent so much money but I bought everything. They made me spend the rest of my shopping spree in makeup and I have a very distinguished gray beard and mustache. On to Dillard's, I was looking for breast forms. An older lady tried to help me but she was very prudish. I asked her if she had a problem? She replied No, do do you? A younger lady stepped in, so I told the older women she could be excused. The younger lady was so kind and helpful. She helped me with getting the right size forms and pocket bra and helped me with some accessories, necklaces and bracelets. Then to Claire's to buy some clip ons, which the girls were very helpful as. And the last stop was BOHO, I've been looking at a summer dress on Amazon from BOHO for a while. I found the dress I have been eyeing for quite some time. She asked is it for your wife? Is it for your daughter? No! Is it for your boyfriend? No, its for me! She smiled and said good for you! What I'm saying is that for the most part, people don't really care. Just be you 🤗

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like a good day for u, DeeDee. But, I don't think u actually got a makeover? It sounds more like u bought the materials to do your own?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

DeeDee: You literally owned it every step of the way and encountered plenty of supportive people. It really was a fabulous day.

I think I said this before but most of the noise we hear is in our own head.

Sounds like an awesome day DeeDee. I agree with Sherry. Sounds like bunch of makeup to do at home.

I have never ventured outside the bedroom, but though I fully comprehend your post and the attitude and how the majority of people are welcoming, I am MUCH MUCH MUCH more concerned about the people who know me, whether it is a work relationship, a church member, a friend of my kids, etc, etc. I would suspect in a 60mile radius and certainly my local Mall, the chances of running into somebody I know or who would at least recognize me is fairly high. THAT is what scares me into likely never venturing out other than somewhere out of town, but the only time I travel is vacation which is primarily to family. Hence, again, for me, the magic word is opportunity.

Sorry about making it all about me. I am very excited for you and your great day!

Although I did buy everything, the ladies went from primer, foundation, eye brows, eyeshadow, blush, mascara, eyeliner, lip pencil and lipstick. They dolled me up and I had to wear it the next 3 hours while doing the rest of my shopping. I wasn't to concerned about seeing anyone I know because it was in a different town about 40 minutes away.

Quite a shopping spree - thanks for sharing

DeeDee, Good for you. Nothing better than getting a makeover.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I totally agree with you Dee Dee and great for you! Now, post some pictures of your adventure!! There is nothing like a full makeover, is there?

What a great time you must have had. I had no idea Dillard's carried breast forms. I know Walmart has the equivalent of A cup inserts; but, I've never seen breast forms (or what I understand them to be) in any brick & mortar stores. I may have to visit there to check them out. Thanks for mentioning the stores you went to. I was curious where one might find clip on earrings as there's no way I'm piercing my ears. I'm afraid that would be a dead giveaway to those that know me. I see a mall trip in my near future.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Heather, I was thinking the same thing. Had no idea Dillard's sold breast forms.

I'm sorry ladies, they are silicone gel breast enhancers. I have to say they do feel wonderful, haven't taken them out since I got back home. But, Dillard's does carry those

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee67 View Post
    I'm sorry ladies, they are silicone gel breast enhancers. I have to say they do feel wonderful, haven't taken them out since I got back home. But, Dillard's does carry those
    This is why I joined this forum. Looking for tips and tricks on how to perfect our looks. Thank you DeeDee

No problem Ladyjade. I think I forgot to mention I did this in male mode, black cowboy hat, Harley Davidson leather jacket, work boots and blue jeans, gray beard and mustache. The only thing that the ladies did not do was lipstick, the mascara I'm still trying it get off. But Yes, I got over my fear of saying "this is for me" and it actually helps the SA find the right size and they don't really care. Except the 1 prudish lady, and to be told she could be excused is an complete insult to her behavior. So ladies just be you and I think you'll be amazed at the end result. ☺️🤗