Thread: Transgender acceptance in Israel

Transgender acceptance in Israel

This past week an article about me appeared in the major Israel women's magazine "Laisha." It's name means "For Women" and has been publishing for 75 years, of course in Hebrew. You might call it the equivalent of Vogue. It is written by women for women and I was chosen as one of the women to be featured in the International Women's Day edition. For me personally it was very validating, and fun too, but also an encouraging acceptance for all of us Israeli transgender women. Besides the print edition, it is also on the internet. I live in an awesome country!
    Last edited by char GG; 03-12-2022 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Very nice honor. However, had to delete the link as per the forum rules, only the English language should be used here

Quite an honor Dorit - I am proud to know you

Wow! Just wow! I am so happy for you. Congratulations.

OMG Not much better validation than that! Congrats! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    So cool Dorit!! Congrats!

congratz....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Dorit, what a lovely article, and an inspiring story! I was able to find it, and Google translate did not mangle the text too much.

Congratulations! You have come a long way baby!

Aspiring Member
    Hi Dorit,
    I'm very happy first and foremost for you but also for the acceptance of trans women in Israel! I hope to visit Israel again in the near future, this time, as my authentic self, and it is good to witness this acceptance. I sent you a PM as I couldn't locate the link on my own.
    Hugs!
    Katya
    Last edited by Katya@; 03-23-2022 at 08:56 PM.

If any of you girls are interested, I did an English translation of the article. It is a PDF file. If you private message me your email, I would be happy to send you the file.

I want to add that I am so happy with all the positive response I have received from the article. People actually recognize me on the street here in Tel Aviv and stop me to say what an inspiration I have been. Also I received an invitation to be one of the models in a fashion fund raising event for a charity! I don't believe it!

Aspiring Member
    Dorit,

Wow! Congrats and Brava to you!

Best wishes!

Dorit

I have forgotten most of the Hebrew that I learned, but I would like to say L'Chaim. Mods: It means "To Life".

Steffi
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.