Thread: The (healing) power of dressing?

The (healing) power of dressing?

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today. Just the onset of a cold, no big deal but, I was having a tough time getting comfortable so I could rest. I was cold and just could not warm up. After trying some hand warmers, which had limited success, I decided to grab a comfortable bra and put my breast forms in. Ahhh there was that warm comfortable hug feeling I needed. I put my tee shirt back on and a sweatshirt and relaxed into a nice comfortable nap. It felt so good to feel my breasts in place when I woke up and I really got some needed rest. I'm not 100% but I feel better already. I see another nap in my future. Have a great day, everyone!
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

Glad you're feeling better, AmeeJo. I also hear you loud and clear, hon. No matter the circumstances, I can often obtain an instantaneous attitudinal change if I don some sort of female attire, down to a minor accessory. Currently, "flats" are my go-to for insta-calm; less complicated (and noisy) than my many beloved pumps, and more comfy to boot.

Same here. I'm fully dressed, with makeup, nail polish, and jewelry this afternoon, as my wife is out for about 6 hours. Even though she is supportive, I feel more relaxed about fully dressing when I'm alone. And in general, even when just underdressed or wearing a casual fem top, flowery leggings, lipstick, and of course panties and cami underneath, it brings a warm, cozy, and relaxing feeling. The stress of the world situation and my own personal anxieties just slip away. Alas, only temporarily.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa Q View Post
    Currently, "flats" are my go-to for insta-calm
    I need to get some flats. I recently tried pumps with a 3 inch heel and they were a dismal failure. Since I'm in my wheelchair, I have no control of my ankles and they just roll to the side no matter how I position my legs. It's either that or a very low heel with a wide base.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

AmeeJo, I love a girl with a positive attitude and you certainly are one.
    Crissy

Glad you are feeling better!
    I find dressing healing too. I find it helps ease my anxiety and depression.
    Julianna Frances

Ameejo - I'm glad you have found CDing helpful. I would also like to attest to the psychological healing powers of CDing. I just know that since I began to actively crossdress and not deny or sublimate same, I have felt much better - much more positive and forward looking.

Definitely true about tuning into that side of our identities with at least something that represents that part of who we are. Like Marissa, I also regularly use flats now. I still get a big boost from a female-color T-shirt or button up shirt. Intense and bright colors just raise my spirits. Doesn't matter much what else I am wearing, if one or the other or both of those two are present I am good, happy, calm, and vibrant.

I may have to invest in that approach -- it is probably better than what you can get from taking the medications from big pharmaceutical companies!
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Not 'Healing" so much as STAYING HEALTHY.----CDing allows me to COMPLETELY "escape" both my own self and maleness----and become a totally different person, allowing me to completely De- Stress and undwind. dropping my personal problems and worries and concerns, in addition to the responsibilities and "pressures" of manhood. Not to mention an added erotic element as a bonus. CDing is like a drug "fix" to me that can last for days after I return to male mode. A safety release valve.

I'm not sure if it qualifies as healing but I find the intensity of the Danielle transformation process and the bliss of relaxing as Danielle is a real distraction for my normal daily little aches and pains and negative thoughts. It reminds me of the Lamaze birthing techniques with the distraction and meditation techniques it uses. During our Lamaze Classe when my wife was practicing the techniques I would squeeze her calf muscle as hard as possible and afterward she couldn't even remember me doing it.

Take two aspirin, put on a pair of panties and login to crossdressers.com

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    And sometimes, vice versa! I was up doing a shoot until midnite last nite. Then, woke up coffing and hacking today!

I hope u stay well, AmeeJo!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Crossdressing has sure been good for my mental health. I like myself better as a woman than as a man, and that has done wonders for my outlook.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

I've no idea if there really is a healing power in cross dressing; but, I do know when I wake up with my breast forms in place I do wake up happy. Hope you have continued your journey to feeling better, AmeeJo.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

this is very interesting. I also feel a huge release of tension and anxiety when i dress. i find my attitude does a complete reversal and i am good with the world.

The wife can pick u on this also. She will come home after i have been 'testy' in the morning, and see the difference in the afternoon. her comment of , " you must have had a good afternoon" is real true, although she does not equate my dressing to the change of mood.

i just feel at peace with the world and, relaxed and with a positive attitude after visiting my other half. Strange how the mind works!

Ameejo, you and I share something in common with our love for bras. That is my most favorite article of women's clothing to wear, and it makes me feel alot less stressed when i am wearing one. I sleep in a bra and breast forms often, and its good to know that when I wake up, I feel both the gentle weight of the breast forms and the soft smooth bra protecting them.

Platinum Member
    I attend a PTSD support group with other combat veterans of the Vietnam War. Once the counselor told two visitors that all of us had used drugs or alcohol as a coping mechanism. I had to correct him, and, said not everyone. I did not fess up to cross dressing as an escape, although it is. I did mention that I had become a compulsive blood donor, which is a manner in which some combat veterans cope. My O-neg, CMV-negative blood was always used by premature infants. No, I would show up en femme to donate.

Wearing a bra is like having a nice constant hug!

Over the last few months I?ve been dressing more then I ever have and it?s been such a release for me. I?ve been pushing this side of me off for a few years now, and it?s been very healing to dress again. I feel like I?m more complete now that I?ve been fully dressing. I?ve actually been finding it quite motivating. Now if I could just get a wig and learn how to put on makeup.