Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mis-fitting room

While I agree with unprofessional behavior and diversity training, but her laughter was a genuine, innocent, happy laughter, somewhat childlike. I could only smize (smile beneath my mask) in response. Back in the fitting room, I laughed a little myself, part in happiness, part in amusement.

I don't hold it against a new young SA taking up a retail job, likely her first. She seemed like a good person and she proved that when I asked for help. She seemed a bit embarrassed herself for laughing earlier. There's a difference between training and real life situations. It's easy to not know how to respond in real life.

Moreover, sometimes, a laughter is must a laughter, happy and hearty. Certainly, after the past couple of years, we could all use some. 😀

I just had to do it! After reading this thread I went out of town today and went to a Goodwill store shopping and thought I would try on some dresses, which I have never tried on anything before in a store, to really lay in to the SA when I asked to go into the fitting rooms if she said or did anything like the experience that started this thread. Well was i fooled. I am 6' 3" and weigh 250 so I was ready. Instead when I asked she said hold on and let her check for clothes left in the room then I held the dress up to try her and said "what do you think is this going to fit me" to my shock she looked at the size and said it might to let her know if it didn't. To my surprise when I got it on I called her over and she said that it looked good on me and asked if I saw any more I wanted to try and I told her they were limited to my size she said hold on and in a couple of minutes she came back with two more dresses that she said she had sorted and had not brought out. Both of those fit and I bought all three and tipped her ten dollars for going above and beyond. She said if I became a regular customer each week she could hold a few dresses for me. I feel like I have a personal shopping assistant now. BTW she was 20 years old also.I am so sorry for your experience with your SA but please try again and complain if you are not given the respect that you are due.

Just my 2 cents. I wasn't in Prazia's situation but from my perspective, I think she handled it perfectly. She didn't fly into a rage at the obviously surprised SA, and possibly embarrassed SA, who may have never seen a CDer in her life. Prazia asked for help with the zipper and received it. The SA probably came away thinking CDers are very nice and she may have felt bad that she initially laughed. The SA's future dealings with CDers may be better after this contact. If Prazia had gone crazy on her or cost her the job, the SA would probably think CDers are hot heads and not pleasant. I'm sure this was a useful learning experience for the SA.

My opinion is that Prazia did CDers a favor by handling the situation with humor and grace.

Good job, Prazia.
    Last edited by char GG; 03-23-2022 at 08:06 PM.