Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How are you *not* dressing up for St. Patrick's Day?!?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

How are you *not* dressing up for St. Patrick's Day?!?

Is it Halloween? No.

Are you necessarily at least part Irish? Perhaps not.

But is not today a good occasion to dress up in a festive manner, regardless?

Because I know I have!

Just some (darker shade) kelly-green leggings, while in guy-mode. I probably wouldn't be wearing them, otherwise. In fact, I believe this is the first time I've worn them out in public, despite owning them for a couple years now. They actually look pretty cute paired with black footwear & a pullover hoodie.

Maybe a little self-conscious at times, but who cares! It's meant to be fun. People will cut you some slack... And even some of the GG's out there are participating!

So, what are you waiting for...?

I am half Irish and from the Boston area so bad on me for not remembering. I am in a plain black dress. I do have some green peppers on my kitchen apron though.

Maybe I'll go out for a beer Tonight.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Just green panties under my jeans but also a green tee shirt
    Crissy

I was just, umm, curious...?

So I tried these on (stock photo from website)...

sham.jpg

A bit girly for guy-mode.

But maybe after sunset later today...?

I went with a dark green t-shirt and black skinny jeans, both from Torrid. A Green suit coat with the sleeves cuffed. And get my nail panted a glittery green.

Only Green dress we have is one from Holy Clothing, Ren Faire type dress. Kinda looks like something the girl from Brave would wear. My wife joked about wearing that today, but she's got some meetings to attend.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Medical treatment today or I would!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Weather got cloudy, warmer, wetter. Outfit shift!

So, after my shower, I decided to go with a pair of spruce-green New Balance leggings. *Love* the color! Definitely more my thing.

Plus these have a bit more compression. Did I mention the mesh insets in the back?

Black hoodie, black running shoes, with chartreuse & black leopard print low-cut socks.

I've been out & about in my apartment complex all day. Where are all the people?

I got seen a couple times earlier, but from a distance. Otherwise, this place is a ghost town today.

Where my GG-neighbors at! A couple older ones were wearing darker green outfits, anyway.

Kiss me, I'm Irish! Irish grandmothers on both sides of the family, so I'm dressed as a fetching Irish lass today. Description over in the "What are you wearing" topic.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Medical treatment today or I would!
    If it's not too much trouble... Could you share some prior pics of you on St. Patty's Day (over at the Photo sub-forum)?

We'd love to see 'em -- and we know you have 'em!

Many thanks!

Hope you are OK, Sherry!
    I am in green nail polish with little green 4-leaf clovers(shamrocks)on my ring fingers! Oh, yes polish is emerald green with gold sparkles even on my toes! If there is Irish in me, it is very distant! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Nothing for me. I am just no fun at all.

I didn't wear anything green today. Maybe tonight I will.
    Ellbee, i LOVE those shamrock leggings ❤️
    Julianna Frances

Aspiring Member
    I got out the shower feeling the same way. Started off drab for meeting at the office, but notice it cancelled before I left the house.After I confirmed it was a wardrobe change for a work from home day. I scanned my closet for a subtle St. Patrick’s day office look. Pulled out a dark Forrest green based wrap dress with black and white dotted flecks. Slipped on a pair of black 4” pumps, commenced to work from home.

I've had my toe nails green for a week or so in anticipation. Other than that it's been a yard work day, so I'm in sweats. I think I'll switch to a Irish national tartan kilt for dinner, just to be festive. (Corned beef and cabbage rather than the more authentic boiled dinner with ham.) I'm kind of a plastic paddy, so that will have to suffice.
    So many new things to learn

Sadly, all I have had on today has been my nightie and shrug. Stuck at home self isolating after testing positive for the dreaded virus. Still I did get to enjoy some warm sunshine sat on my bed.

I originally thought I would have a 3-4 hour window to have fun today, but schedules change and it shrunk down to about 45 minutes. Having a little Irish in my heritage (even more Ukranian/German) I had to dress in something green, a pretty green dress I can borrow. Erin go Bragh!

Isn't that kinda dysphoric? Thinking you're Irish Heck! Go for it! It's only one day per year .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ellbee View Post
    If it's not too much trouble... Could you share some prior pics of you on St. Patty's Day (over at the Photo sub-forum)?

We'd love to see 'em -- and we know you have 'em!

Many thanks!
    Since u didn't ask to see them here, I'll abide by your wishes, Elbee. Unfortunately, I'm working on some really extraordinary pics rite now. But, I promise to post some St. Paddy's pics ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    Hope you are OK, Sherry!
    I am in green nail polish with little green 4-leaf clovers(shamrocks)on my ring fingers! Oh, yes polish is emerald green with gold sparkles even on my toes! If there is Irish in me, it is very distant! Hugs Lana Mae
    Thanks for the sentiments, Lana Mae!
    I'm going thru hell tonite.
    But, it should be over by tomorrow!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I never have been one to worry about wearing green on St Paty's day, but if someone gives me crap about it I just tell them I am wearing green underwear and ask if they want to check! Nobody has taken me up on the offer!

Welsh, English, French and German. Never really celebrated St Patricks Day let alone dressed up for it.

Green Tee and green plaid long-sleeve shirt
    Keely

One of the Reds

I'm English, I don't do Irish patron saints.

Reality Check
    I forgot about it even though my task yesterday morning was to cut up an onion and put it in the crock pot for my wife's corned beef and cabbage. I only remembered when it was pointed out on here yesterday. Too late to change.
    Krisi

Just another day for me but I do love those shamrock leggings .

Heres a link to my nails for St Patrick's day. https://www.reddit.com/r/malepolish/...m_source=share