Thread: In emotional disbelief

In emotional disbelief

During the Christmas holidays my wife wanted me to pick up a big heavy oak wood armour at her mothers house. I didn't understand why she wanted that big bulky wood cabnet that took me 4 hours to take apart and carry it up the stairs and another 4 hours to but it back together. I never said anything to her but I was dying to ask her why she made me pick up that cabinet and its been sitting empty for 3 months in our spare bedroom.
    Yesterday my wife had the day off and when I came home from work she asked me to go into the spare room, I went in and found it was all cleaned up and there was some new furniture in there. She asked me to open the cabinet and there was most of my dresses and slips hanging in there. I was confused and asked her to explain. She told me to gather all my fem stuff that I have mixed in everywhere with my male things and put it all in the cabinet so all my stuff is in one place. She showed me the night stand with a mirror she bought and a leather chair so I could get dressed comfortable and she bought one of those ballerina dolls with hooks that I could hang some of my jewelry. I stood there confused and asked her how could we just leave stuff hanging out like this, our daughters are the most nosiness people and was she planning on locking the door to the room. She answered me that we should never lock anything, even though that cabinet had lock and key for the doors putting a lock on anything makes things more for someone to be interested in or more suspicious. She told me to put everything in a net manner and maybe hide the wig and heels to the back and if they should go in there even though they really would have no reason to but in case they do we will deal with it then, but for now why don't I just gather my things and fix it up the way I want it and just enjoy it.
    I grabbed my wife and gave her the biggest hug that I almost suffocated her, I asked her if she was sure about this, she of course why else would she have made me bring in that heavy cabinet. I sat in the chair in disbelief and just tears running down my face and my wife asking me why I was so emotional it really isn't a big deal. I have told her of my past and the bumpy road I drove on full of different emotions, anger and confusion but most of all the big question of why me. I told her to that her it's not a big deal but to me this is larger then life and that no matter what I would do for her could never repay for not what she did but even just the thought of her doing this for me. The tears wouldn't stop falling and I guess she must of felt my emotions with tears now running down her face and sat next to me and said that it must have been tough. I told her the day I told her I thought and wouldn't have blamed her if she left me but I never would have thought she was going to be so accepting and save my life from making something I thought was so bad and her making it fun and seeing it in a positive way. She said to me that I don't understand what its like to have a husband to share so much in common with and how much she enjoys shopping and sharing with me, almost like having a live in best friend.
    She got up and told me to stop with the emotions and let's start moving my stuff in, well that ended pretty fast with a phone call from our daughter that the power in her area was out and was informed it was going to be out all night. So the whole family dogs and all came over and slept over last night and I'm going to have to wait another day to move in.

Hi Maria, You are definitely one lucky girl!
    I bet your SIL would love to look through it!
    Crissy

Knowing her, she'll will probably ask to borrow something,and never bring it back

Platinum Member
    You have a very considerate wife. I am guessing that she has an extraordinary husband.

You see there was a good reason for it.

That is an amazing development and she also included a bit of a sensible explanation - she appreciates your female-like side, but also appreciates your male-like side. I assume, sort of the best of both worlds for her. And, I assume, for you.

Back just after the turn of the century there was a scientific paper in a psychology journal that researched this. The study was to examine the effect of a somewhat feminine behaving husband on the wife's happiness. They found exactly what your wife said was the result. Women in marriages with husbands who lean a bit toward the feminine are happier than women in a very traditional structure where the male is very masculine/dominant and the female very feminine/submissive. In fact, those were the least happy women. So, it appears that, to some extent, your wife is an example of one of those women.

Your strong tendency to be considerate of your wife's feelings and her reactions to your personality has paid off in what appears to be a high degree of acceptance of who you are. Of course, these findings do not apply to all of these kinds of combinations as it depends on how open the wife is to considering the positive side of this behavior in her husband. The study also showed that even though most women in the somewhat more oppressive traditional strong male and submissive female were unhappy some were clearly very happy. But the happiest women were those who had husbands who were a bit more like her so she could share much more deeply with her husband than is possible otherwise.

You are an amazing couple - enjoy your girl cave and make sure your wife knows how much you love her

Congratulations. Enjoy moving day, tomorrow.

Your wife obviously "gets it". You have a strong and solid relationship - rejoice and believe!

And even if the amoire was a hassle to move - it's infinitely better than having to put together one of those Ikea deals!

Banned Read only
    Maria, you're extremely fortunate to have such a great woman in your life. Cherish her. Maybe, your wife should become a motivational speaker to women who are married to a cross dressing man.

I suspect Gretchen's comment (#6) about the study concerning marital happiness is true. The only problem I see is the benefits of having a cross dressing husband may be only one way; the wife gets the benefit and the man is left wanting. I remember being chided by my wife's cousin's husband for not being an overbearing dominant male. His marriage went bust. His wife was a mess. My mother use to relate stories of when I was a toddler which would suggest I would not develop into an overbearing oaf. I suspect in the vast majority of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" marriage, the wife is the recipient of a softer guy's life outlook, but, the husband is struggling for some acceptance.

Anyway, I wish there were more wives on this site who would chime in and give their side of a marriage to a cross dresser; the good and the bad.

Your wife totally gets it. How wonderful! It's going to be nice having your own space to be yourself. Congrats!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    A wish granted, a dream come true, a gift from the Universe. A great read

That's a wonderful share. Thank you. Now...
    Get your ass busy and do something that is at least equally wonderful for that very special woman.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

WOW!! You are very lucky to have such an extremely understanding and caring spouse

That is a wonderful wife. You definitely want to do something as nice for her.

That is wonderful Maria, I'm very happy for you!

Banned Read only
    Your a lucky girl. I hide this part of myself from my bf. He would not approve. We don?t live together so it?s not a big deal for now but I wish I could be open to him about this but I feel like he would judge. You are lucky to have such a supportive partner in your life.

Maria:

Congratulations to you for this new development in your relationship with your very thoughtful wife. I know what such an arrangement means because I am one of a few CD'ers who has a similar situation in my home.

When my wife and I were house hunting, she was the one who insisted that any house we purchase MUST have enough master bedroom closets for my femme attire. Fortunately we were able to afford a home with a huge master bedroom suit that met our unique needs. I have had a full walk-in closet dedicated to Teresa's pretty things, to include plenty of drawers for fold up items (lingerie, etc).

Most recently, she even insisted that I make room in our bathroom drawers to store all of my make up instead of keeping them in my "girl closet." She was the one who pointed out that it would be more fun to both have our make up readily available so we could share our large mirror and bathroom counter when we were both getting "all girl'd up."

The fact that she routinely refers to me and speaks of Teresa (me) as her girl friend is incredibly exciting and it makes my pink cloud time so much brighter, and more satisfying.

I suspect that you will have the same increased sense of acceptance from your wife's idea, to have your very own area for your feminine attire. Being able to have a special gift from you wife, for a special place for your special feminine attire symbolizes that she has taken a step toward accepted of Maria. That is very good news. Enjoy it.
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

You and your wife have a very special relationship, Maria. A lot of us look at your anecdotes wishing they have a partner willing to integrate CDing into their relationship.

Oh that lady deserves a diamond from you!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maria, interesting to read that this was all your wife's idea. And, that u r the hesitant one. Because sooner or later your daughters will find about Maria now.

It's easy to see who wears the pants in your household which seems to work for u. And, if you're both happy that's all that counts!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Maria,

Quite an interesting share..being very new to dressing and only making up 3 or 4 times, can?t even imagine having a situation such as yours. Very awesome!

It's always nice when someone has good news to share and this is certainly good news.
    So many new things to learn

Maria, That's great. I have a nosy step daughter, who looks through everything, such that I have a lock on my bedroom door.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That is a really beautiful story Maria - thank you for sharing it and thank your wife, sincerely, from me.
    Osteph