Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost my puse when grocetr shooping earler today

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"

Lost my purse when grocery shopping earlier today

Today I went shopping at my local WalMart super center as Barbara
    Things are much cheaper there. When shopping, I put my purse in the rear of the cart as most ladies do when shopping..

Anyway, after taking out my car key from my purse I loaded the groceries in my car's back hatch from the bag in my shopping cart.
    I got in my car and drove from from my parking space. I was about to leave the parking lot when I realized that I did not have my purse in my car.
    I went back to where I left the shopping cart and they were all gone
    What I most likely did was put my purse back in the back of the cart without realizing it as I had my car key in my hand.

I any event, there was nothing really important in.it... no ID or credit cards etc. It just had about $14 and some change in a little change purse It just contained what I needed and nothing more.
    So, it was no big loss. I was planning to get a new purse and female wallet anyway but kept putting it off. The ones ones I had were about 4 years old..

BTW. when out as Barbara I leave my male wallet and major key ring with my apt door key, etc in a glove compartment in may car. I then only have a car key in my purse
    Also I always carry a spare a spare car key in a little "bra purse" that straps to a bra strap... just in case of whatever. .

Anyway I have already ordered a new purse, female wallet and a little change purse on E-bay. I should have them in about a week.
    It is safe bet that I will never do that again
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 03-20-2022 at 12:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Check with the store. It may have been turned in.

Yes check at the service counter.
    Next time carry your purse over your shoulder.

or cross body in both genders so it's part of you and less likely to forget

Banned Read only
    Yeah ....Hindsight is 20/20..

It's not worth my trouble and gas to see if anyone turned it in
    With no ID and the only thing of any value in it is just $14, whoever found it most likely just pocketed the money.
    I will just consider it a lesson well learned.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 03-19-2022 at 08:02 PM.

Banned Read only
    That sucks. I?m sorry that happened to you.

Yikes! Glad you only had a minimal of cash and no ID or credit cards in your lost purse. A nightmare to lose one's purse or wallet for sure. I'm lazy and usually just stick my male wallet in my purse.

I keep a spare key house key hidden and had to use it once when I lost my key while out jogging. Shorts' key pocket had a hole in it.
    Last edited by NancyTO; 03-20-2022 at 08:03 PM.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Banned Read only
    It also had some little odds and ends which are very easily replaceable

BTW the new purse that I ordered has a long strap that is adjustable in length.... from hand carry to across a shoulder.
    This is unlike my old one that had a rather short non adjustable strap that made shoulder carrying a chore.

Banned Read only
    "I leave my male wallet and major key ring with my apt door key, etc in a glove compartment in my car."

One of the things thieves had been doing in our area is breaking into cars in parking lots, checking for a vehicle registration, and, then heading off to rob the residence. Usually, this occurs at a movie theater parking lot and usually target expensive cars on the belief expensive cars equal expensive stuff in the residence. If you leave a vehicle registration and house keys in the car, you're potentially making it easier for thieves. Another error people make is to leave more than the car key with a repair shop, i.e., house key. Sometimes a person in the repair shop will make a copy of the key. Only leave the car keys, and, nothing else on the key ring.

Isn't it incredible how quickly something gets stolen after it's been out of your sight for only minutes. I really wonder just what percentage of people are so unscrupulous, it must be quite high.

It's almost like someone's watching you all the time. A few years back, well I used a phone booth so it must have been more then a few years back. After using the phone I got in the car and realized I left my address book in the booth, I couldn't believe it was gone. Unfortunately that had $500. Dollars in it.
    I find when I'm dressed I'm a little nervous and excited and sometimes out of focus and realize I'll do little forgetful things. I usally only get out to put gas and I'm so careful not to leave my cell phone or keys in the car, these days it takes nothing for someone to come behind you and shove you and steel your car. Once in male mode I left the keys in the car and when I closed the door it locked by its self. I had not spare key and my cell phone was in the car, I handled the situation but if I was dressed in fem I think I would have had a nervous breakdown. You do the right thing by carrying minimal items in your purse. When dressed we have to be more street smart.

Guarding your handbag is something GG's learn to do from a young age. Watch women out shopping and they're always aware of where their bag is.

My SO hangs hers on the hook on the back of the trolley. She never, even in a busy supermarket, parks the trolley and walks away even a few feet. The trolley and hence the bag go with her. If I'm pushing the trolley with her bag on, if I go looking for something leaving the trolley only yards away I'm rebuked and told to "Watch my handbag".

Similarly, watch GG's clothes shopping. If they take a jacket off a rail to try it on, if the mirror is a short distance away, their bag goes with them. They're far more likely to leave their old jacket unattended than their bag.

Ugh, what a nightmare. The thread title alone elicits a frightening thought: Losing one's ID, Cards, and keys all at the same time is the worst kind of thing that can happen to a crossdresser during an outing - short of threats of violence. Then I read the body of the text and felt relieved.

Here's a thought, though: Maybe the fact you are not putting any real valuables in your handbag is causing you to give it less importance than a woman normally would?

When I go out enfemme, I usually carry my keys and wallet stored inside a handbag with an inner zippered pocket, plus my cell phone, a small point and shoot camera, a compact umbrella (when needed) and, on my shopping list, pepper spray. Trust me, when you have all your valuables in a bag, you are far less likely to forget it.
    Last edited by char GG; 03-20-2022 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Don't want to get into the pros/cons of particular stores
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Platinum Member
    Hi Barbara Jo , Sounds lliks Oldtimmers is Setting in, I know the Feeling, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If you had returned the cart to the cart stand you may have noticed your purse.
    Just saying....lol
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Cheryl T makes an excellent point. Using a purse is something to be learned, but it's very handy to have. I keep everything in it and I will admit I often wander a bit from my cart without taking my bag. I just have to keep an eye on it, and be aware of who's around. And always keep your keys in the exact same place, and put them their early and often. Looking for keys can put most people in a panic.

Banned Read only
    Actually, where I always park my car is in very safe places and during daylight hours .

I could have I could have sworn that I had my purse over my right shoulder (I am left handed) when getting into my car. This is what it makes this so mystifying to me
    I did stumble a bit on a little pot hole right at the back of my car when putting the grocery bag in the in the hatch back. So possibly that is where the purse slipped off my shoulder.....

Like I said, it did also contain some odds and ends... like a foldable hair brush, etc
    So far it also cost me an additional about $35... to replace everything..... and that includes a new purse .
    At least I will now have everything new .

Like i said, it's a lesson well learned.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 03-20-2022 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Jo View Post
    ...when out as Barbara I leave my male wallet and major key ring with my apt door key, etc in a glove compartment in may car. I then only have a car key in my purse...
    That's asking for trouble with more than one kind of theft, Barbara. Glove compartments are easy to break into even if locked. Some trunks are accessible from inside the car as well.

I didn't read the whole thread before posting.

Banned Read only
    You gals seem to think that I park my car in isolated areas where theft is easy and rampant in a high crime areas ..... and that I also have a car model that is in demand...
    I assure you that non of that is the case.

I might have misplaced my purse but, that is just because I am not used to carrying one daily
    This why I never have ID or credit cards in it ... just some female things and minimal cash for my shopping.

Imagine what would have been the horrible result if i did keep my male things ...drivers license IDs credit cards etc in my purse.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 03-20-2022 at 08:01 PM.

Aspiring Member
    I did the same thing at a Walmart about ten years ago. My purse had my ID, wallet, and a few dollars as well as a few female items. I went back to the store, still en femme. When I told a customer service agent my problem, she turned to her coworker and said that she lost her purse. Yes, she kindly gendered me to match my appearance. The coworker went to an adjacent room and returned with my purse. She pulled out the wallet, opened it to my ID, ask asked for my name. I gave her my family name. She looked at my guy name, a clearly male monicker, and frowned. She then handed me my purse. I thanked her and left quickly.

Since then, I have guarded my purse tightly whenever en femme. That purse was expensive, at least by my standards. I have others, quite a collection, but it remains my favorite. It is black with silver ring hardware and is soft and flexible while retaining its shape beautifully. It goes everywhere with me when I am en femme.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    I can relate Barbara Jo. If we are to be honest, most of us have experienced unexplained disappearances of items in our lifetimes. Sometimes solved, sometime not! "Murphy" at work.

A year, or so ago, my wallet disappeared. Missing for more than a day as I frantically searched throughout my home and vehicle. No luck, so initiated the stressful process to replace all credit cards and replacement of other important documents.

Alas, then found that the wallet had popped out of a pocket (damn man pants) landing between the driver seat and door sill only to have rattled back into a position out of site, and feel, into a near perfect under seat hiding cubby.

Banned Read only
    Keep in mind that the WalMart in my area is not a stand alone store. There are many other major stores that share the same parking lot
    It is impossible to explain but, where I park is about the safest in the lot ... and offers easy access to WalMart.

In retrospect, I do remember looking at the cart after I took the grocery bag out of it and put the grocery bag in the hatch back. My purse was not in it.
    There was no designated spot to put carts is this area and people just put carts in an empty space. I put my cart in a nearby space that already had 2 carts in it.

BTW, I did indeed search my car for it... just in case it was there.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 03-20-2022 at 11:51 PM.

Even in the safest of areas, be it in the store or in the parking lot, it only takes a second for someone to take your purse from your cart when you aren't paying attention.
    There are even videos of purses being stolen from the passenger seat of a car at the gas pumps when someone leaves the passenger window down a bit. I saw one where the woman was on the driver's side pumping gas and it was taken.
    When opportunity knocks the thief will answer the door.

I always keep my purse on my shoulder or my arm. Even in a restaurant I see ladies hang theirs over the back of the chair. My wife taught me to hang the strap over my knee and keep it between my feet. She's so thoughtful.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Yeah like i said... it is a lesson well learned .
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 03-21-2022 at 06:50 PM.

I leave my cart everytime I shop, but I only pull off my bag if I'm going a distance. No problems, even in wally world. But if you're the Louis Vuitton, or Gucci type, then you will need to be robo cop 🤖