Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Man in the ladies section...

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Lynn View Post
    I used to worry about what other people thought when I?d shop in the women?s department in guy mode. Nobody gives a second thought to women shopping in the men?s department, so why should we really be worried, I also no longer care what anyone else thinks.
    Nobody gives a second thought when a lady is in the men's section because, for one, a lady in the men's section is generally shopping for a husband too lazy to do it himself, and two, it's a bit uncommon to see women acting as pervs in the men's section, while it happens regularly the other way around. Let's be realistic, there is no double standard here. Just simple facts of a woman's life that the average male simply has no idea about.
    If, in male mode (always when I'm out), I sense that I am annoying a lady in the eponymous section, I back out, not because I'm not legitimate there, I am, but just because I don't want her to stress while picking undies or whatever. On the other hand, I don't think any male ever got a sweat because a lady was scouting the racks next to him.
    This is very akin to the male/female point of view discussion in a recent thread from Patience. Males, CDers or not, don't seem to be able to see the world with a woman's eyes, which in my opinion explains all these "double standards" comments.

Aspiring Member
    Decades of anxiously wandering through the wonderful women's section of department stores.
    I loved being surrounded by such pretty clothes!
    Mustering the courage to look at the dresses and lingerie.
    Finding must have items, going to the checkout, averting my eyes.
    Never easy, but certainly no choice or other options pre-internet.
    Now, rarely shop in public, buy my clothes online.
    Better and worss, like much in life...

Five years ago I was very nervous now the only time I move out of the ladies section is if kids are present. Once while browsing the dress racks with a few other ladies one of them looked at me said said in loud voice aren?t in the wrong area I just smiled and said heck no!

For me, since I only have been out fully dressed a couple of times, most of my buying is done while in my normal androgynous mode. I somehow just don't pay attention to what happens around me, so I browse and I pick, and I try (shoes) in open public, like anybody else.
    So I guess is just practice, actually, when I did it fully dressed, I was in general more alert and conscious, but this was, I think, for being out, fully dressed.
    Part of the adventure.
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Jillcder View Post
    Once while browsing the dress racks with a few other ladies one of them looked at me said said in loud voice aren?t in the wrong area I just smiled and said heck no!
    Good for you. I hope that shut up the old bat.

Of course, the best way to avoid that kind of talk it to always be crossdressed when you shop.
    Last edited by Patience; 09-09-2022 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I've been working with a therapist and recently moved from other issues to talk about my crossdressing. I've been going to the sessions dressed androgynously and she's been supportive. The sessions have been a trigger to get me moving away from just complaining about the complications to a point of taking small steps. In fact, at a recent session she finally just laid it out and said "We can talk about how difficult this all is forever and there will never be any improvement if you don't take steps to rectify the situation".

I'd already called a local lingerie shop that specializes in bra fittings and asked if they did fittings for men. The proprietor was very helpful and even offered to allow me to come in before the shop opened and that's what I'd planned to do. But, just after my therapist basically called my bluff, I decided to go get fitted for a bra straight from the session. I was in a pink man's polo shirt over some very flowery yoga pants with my bright orange toenails and women's sandals. That's a first for me.

The owner quickly assessed my size (40A) and gave me a few bras close to that size to try on. I picked a nice blue lace underwire bra out of the first batch and was ready to check out. She led me out of the fitting room through some curtains leading to the small showroom. As soon as the curtain opened there stood a somewhat attractive fifty-something lady. After a split second of assessing the situation, a deer-in-the-headlights look came over her face. The proprietor asked if she needed help and the lady just said "You can take care of him first". I followed the owner to the register and the woman just became totally flustered and instead of just waiting the minute and a half for me to be checked out just blurted out "I tell you what, I have another appointment and I'll come back by later" and took off out the door.

The encouraging thing for me is that I didn't get flustered or bothered by her response. It was just surreal. I can't imagine that i seemed like a threat to anyone so I really don't know what the issue was. Very interesting outing.
    Last edited by Bea_; 09-10-2022 at 08:16 AM.

I appreciate you sharing that experience. I was just talking with another person today about controlling only what we can. Your demeanor was great because you were there for you and the owner was really great about it. The problem was her's alone. Keep being you.

Aspiring Member
    I have never really felt uncomfortable in the lingerie section. I have bought gifts from that department for various girlfriends or my wife for years.
    So things that go in my shopping basket could be for my wife or for me -who is going to know?
    As it happens, she and I wear the same size panties, so it's debatable who they are for until I get home and decide who is going to get them!

I can only manage to buy in person when I am traveling for work, thats not to often since COVID-19. But just this week I walked into Next, picked a black tailored pencil skirt, browsed the stocking, the only large black pair had a tare in the package so passed on those. All this in guy mode. Non of this just buying for the wife, just keep the conversation to a minimum. Wish I had the courage to try stuff on as well. But one step at a time.

When I started making fem purchases, I was also quite shy. My little coping strategy was to have a list on my phone that was labeled something like "lost the bet", or "to be picked up for <female name>.
    <shrug> my 2cents' worth...

I am sure they notice but generally I don't think it registers and they certainly don't care
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Someone may have replied this already. I do all my browsing and list making on line. Then I take my list and go to the store. I already know the location of the item so I just go in and place it in my cart. I may have to spend an extra few minutes if I see something cute on the clearance rack.