Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man in the ladies section...

Man in the ladies section...

I needed to pick up some things from Kohls for the guy me.
    I had been thinking about getting a new bra and some panties as well.
    So, I'm in guy mode and go to the men's dept to get what I needed. Right across the aisle is the lingerie so I went to the area. There were a couple of ladies in the area and that old feeling of "man in the ladies section" came over me and I decided to leave with out getting anything.
    I remember thinking to myself as I had walked into the lingerie area "I wish I had had time to get dressed and be a woman to go shopping."

When I'm dressed I feel normal and love shopping "in the ladies section" and never feel nervous or anxious. Today as I guy, no courage... I know, silly me.

Anybody else ever feel this way?

Molly

Mind games Molly, mind games.

Platinum Member
    Sure. I seldom shop for mens clothing in person any more, but on those rare ocassions the same thought has occured to me.

I used to worry about what other people thought when I?d shop in the women?s department in guy mode. Nobody gives a second thought to women shopping in the men?s department, so why should we really be worried, I also no longer care what anyone else thinks.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Never shopped dressed. Pretty comfortable shopping drab in the ladies section. I guess it is what you are used to.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nope. Just the opposite! Since I'm obviously a, "man in a dress", muggles all notice me! Whether they approve, disapprove, or just look away quickly, I find all of it a distraction and stressful!

When I go shopping, it's about shopping. NOT about having everyone notice me.

U can be all upset that u were stared at or miss gendered. As the old guy in the ladies section I may just be stared at momentarily by a few random shoppers. Wondering if I'm buying shape wear for my girlfriend or wife? But, the helpful SA's won't bat an eye while helping the "nice old man"! And, I'll be out of there in few relaxed minutes with my goodies!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I remember using the women’s bathroom in a department store years ago and overhearing two women complaining about a man in the lingerie section. Why is he there? What is he doing? I decided discretion was called for in this situation and remained in the stall until they left. (BTW, it is perfectly legal anywhere in Canada to use the bathroom that corresponds to your presentation)

I feel the same discomfort shopping in drab in the women's section -- and especially the lingerie department. In the other women's departments, I can feel comfortable in responding, should anyone ask, that 'm shopping for a gift. The funny thing is, when crossdressing first came roaring into the front of my life 17 years ago, I was reasonably going into Victoria's Secret in the city, where a sales lady cautioned me against buying my woman a bra.

Really, if you're minding your own business, you should be able to shop to your heart's content, but you have to defeat the most threatening thing -- your own mind.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

In the beginning, shopping for anything feminine anywhere felt awkward as heck, but since I got used to it, I have come to enjoy it. The only section I'll admit to skim sorta quickly is the underwear section, but the selection in my size tends to be limited, so it can be done quickly enough.

@Angela: Great story. If only that woman knew. Lol.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Just last week I was in Walmart and of course passing through the ladies department, I always do. There was a guy with a cart full of groceries, two young kids and he was looking through the multi packs of panties. Maybe he was looking for his wife but I doubt it.
    Crissy

Dresses I can do without thinking twice. I still feel a little nervous when shopping for "unmentionables." I still pull out a note so it looks like I'm shopping for someone, but, honestly, what woman would send a man out to get her a bra or panties?

It doesn't bother me much, especially as I've gotten older... I Love Kohls too!

I worked retail for 2 years and the guy with a note thing is well known thing among dept store workers.
    I heard some funny comments and some not so funny comments about the "note"guys.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Hi, Molly. Tbh, I used to be that way. I go shopping from time to time in "male mode" for pantyhose and I used to get nervous about that, but not anymore..... Just the other day while in "drab", I was shopping in the women's section for a new shaper, but couldn't find one in my size. LOL But, I feel pretty much the same as everyone else feels..... If no one bats at eye at a woman shopping in the men's section, then why should anyone give a hoot about a man shopping in the ladies' section??
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

The first 2 or 3 times I went into the lingerie departments I was mildly nervous. That feeling has long since left me. I look at bras, panties, stockings, nighties, and dresses without giving a 2nd thought to what others might think. If any other customer were rude enough to say anything, I'm prepared to tell them I'm shopping for a surprise to give to my wife. That's the truth as my wife seeing me in something new could well be a surprise. If a SA asked if they could help me, I'd be up front in telling them I'm looking for something for myself. If it were a dress, I'd inquire if it would be okay to use the fitting room. I don't believe they could help me effectively if they are working under a misconception. Age is a great help in not particularly caring what others you don't know think.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    [...]There was a guy [...] and he was looking through the multi packs of panties. Maybe he was looking for his wife but I doubt it.
    I agree. What would anybody's wife be doing hiding among the multi packs of panties?

I am very comfortable in the ladies section when I am with my wife, but then of course we are 100% shopping for her and I’m just imagining and admiring from afar. Though my wife is aware, she isn’t fully on board, so I wouldn’t expect any help picking anything out or offering suggestions. (Maybe SOME day in the distant future?). She did help with my first online shopping, though. We have since had a few open discussions about her true feelings.

Honestly, as awkward as it is, I would be less concerned shopping in drab except for seeing people I know seeing me as such. SAs and other general public opinions don’t concern me as much as running into someone I know or that knows me that I don’t see, sees me. Granted I have never left the closet and may never, but to me the whole point to go out en femme would be to go, shopping. Granted I doubt I will ever be able to pass so it is more about attitude, but again, I could never do it in my community, only in cities farther away. However, I know lots of people in surrounding cities, too. Hence, I am truly in awe of those of you that have the courage to go shopping either fully dressed or in drab and try clothes on in the store. (SO jealous). Honestly, the thought of trying on lot of clothes and seeing myself in the mirror is more fun than the idea of spending money to buy something just for brief wearings at home. There are so many clothes that I may never get the opportunity to try on, unless I was shopping in a brick and mortar store.

For now, my wardrobe is very small, but I expect to utilize online shopping for awhile, albeit maybe slowly at a pace my wife can accept. For now I will live vicariously through everyone else’s posts and stories.

Banned Read only
    I always shop in mens apparel and never feel weird. I say it?s for my wife lol

I'm thinking now about how I went looking for a specific bit of shapewear at a local Macy's showing the SAs that it was showing up as 'in stock' on their website on the phone and that was a modern version of the man with a note deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    I agree. What would anybody's wife be doing hiding among the multi packs of panties?
    Patience, You got me laughing with this one, thanks
    Crissy

At christmas time i was in the panty isle lookin for my size panties and an older good lookin woman came up by me and waited till i was done gave me a big smile and we both went about our business. She never said anything and i did not hurry and didnt care what she thought.

Mostly in the closet, so only shop an hour or more away from home, sometimes in drab sometimes while wearing women's athletic outfit. Comfort level varies, it can seem like the most natural thing to do at times, awkward at others. I try to be aware of GG's in the area, especially in the underwear/lingerie section. Most pay me no mind and continue with their search. If I get the sense that I'm making someone uncomfortable (usually older ladies) I'll stroll to another aisle or section and return later. Question for TAG - could you elaborate on the "guy with a note" stories? I'm curious what SA's have to say about this. I'm not a note person myself, haven't even thought of that. But I imagine SA's have seen men shopping in the women's section and can tell when their shopping for themselves.

I think the main thing to remember if you feel funny about shopping in the ladies dept its you because no one else really cares.

I sometimes go shopping with a note. But its because I want to be sure I'm getting everything I went for.

Seriously. A recent trip to Ulta for cosmetics included some specific brands/colors suggested by a GG friend. So I had a list of about six items when I went in, in full male drab. I was approached by one of the MUA's who asked if I needed help. Boy did I ever. I first explained that although I was shopping for feminine items they were for me. She said no problem and I responded that is good, I just wanted to be sure she was comfortable doing it. So I started going down the list which included eye liner, mascara, color correcting moisturizer, press on nails and some other things. Where necessary she helped select the right shade and suggested alternatives. Spent about 20 minutes doing all of this and I walked out of there on a high.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    Patience, You got me laughing with this one, thanks
    I couldn't have done it without your perfect setup. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAG View Post
    I think the main thing to remember if you feel funny about shopping in the ladies dept its you because no one else really cares.
    Not only that, but everyone has a right to shop for anything they like for whatever reason they like, so people who "care" should just mind their own business.