Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Man in the ladies section...

Back when Avenue had brick and mortar locations I was a frequent visitor. When they were closing I went in looking for bargins. There were several young girls in the store and one made a comment about this being a women's store rather loudly. I had known the manager for several years at this point and I had a couple of tops I had pickout. She came over, grabbed the tops, and said loudly Let me start you a dressing room. I replied Thank You and selected some items and went to the dressing room. When I came out the girls were gone and the manager came over, apologized if she had embarrassed me and said she wanted to teach the rude b****** a lesson. We had a great laugh and she gave me a nice discount on my purchase.

The last two times I went dress shopping I also got the "man in the ladies section feeling" and left abruptly.
    Not a good feeling.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Women walking around and purchasing clothes in the Men's section, no one bat's an eye.
    Men walking around and purchasing clothes in the Women's section, everyone looses their minds.

I usually buy my bras online and I have a natural cup size of DD. If I shop in a brick and mortar store for a bra it's plain i need the item with my bust. So I'm not bashful at all being in the ladies' section.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

It amazes me the range of reactions one may elicit by merely looking thru a rack of lingerie! I am always heartened by the women who offer assistance, but there is an equal number who are more than happy to give me "the look"; one benefit of getting older is that I now realize that life is too short to be concerned about the latter!

Some people should mind their own business.
    I never paid attention to people like that and nobody should.
    Cute little thing happened in Kohls a few days ago I was shopping and there was a man in the womens dress section and he asked me for my opinion.
    He said ma'am excuse me but which of these dresses look best and he held them up to his body.
    I thought for a second and said both would look fabulous on you so why not get both?
    He seemed to be at a loss for words which was so adorable.
    He said thats a great idea thanks for your help.
    I never mentioned I was 24/7 semi transitioned.

I've been really busy and haven't been on in a while. Needless to say I haven't been able to dress in a while either. With summer here and kids are out of school the ops are few. However my granddaughter is gone to her dads for a couple of weeks, her mom and my wife are both working a lot and I work from home. This will allow me to plan a Molly day to get out and about for a while, probably next week. In preparing for the upcoming day I am thinking of buying a new summer dress and I need some new shoes. I'll probably go shopping in guy mode for the these items so I can go out en femme. How ironic. So, here's to an upcoming guy mode shopping trip to be followed by a day en femme. Got to love it.

Molly

But that is my favorite section of the store.

I agree with Deborah, life's too short for me to worry about it. I'll shop where I please, thank you very much.

I have been asked it that for you or your wife? My reply is, 'maybe.'
    Last edited by Joanne108; 07-12-2022 at 09:58 AM.

I?ve purchased lingerie, primarily panties, in dozens of different stores quite literally all over the US and never had any kind of hassle except one time when I bought three pairs of panties, one white, one pale blue and one pink, the SA kept saying, ?Blue is for boys, pink is for girls? loud enough for other customers to hear. Other than that, the SAs have typically been quite helpful pointing out sales and even telling me, ?You know, if you buy three, you get a fourth pair for free, go back and get another pair, I?ll wait.?. Then when they look at the sizes and styles and I pay in cash and I don?t have a rewards card, then they pretty much know who the items are for.

The way I look at it is that on special days Vanentines day and so forth men go and but womens things for theit wives GF's and so forth and nothing ever happens so there should not be problem any other time. The way to go is use the same shop over a period of time and when you get know a little bit you can admit that bra, panties and whatever else is for you, I can guarantee younthat once that fact is known you will get untold amounts of help. This has happened to me and now I have several shops I can go into and be myself.
    Courage in the beginning is what is needed.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

hello Molly,
    I love shopping. I can get nervous about being "the man in the ladies section", so I have to keep practicing!
    Buying men's clothes confuses me now, because I don't understand the sizing!
    Though the reality is that shop owners and sales assistants just care about making a sale, rather than wondering why we are buying that bra or dress!
    luv J

Going out of town tomorrow and for the 1st time I?ll be shopping at a giant mall only for Tiffany. I?m a bit nervous but also in ?I don?t care? mode.

Someone here said what?s a guy doing in the multipacks of panties? Lol. I guess it?s that obvious then maybe i should just own it and shop comfortably.

Well, I finally made it out for some shopping, not once but twice. Both times I was in guy mode. I went JC Penneys on the first trip. I was looking for and selected a maxi dress with sleeves. (My arms are too noticeable as a man's arms). I decided while I was there to get a new waist cincher and bra. I spent maybe an hour looking and deciding what I wanted. I never got any looks or negatives, nor was I overly concerned. I usually prefer to have a lady SA when I check out but as luck would have it my SA was a young guy. He never batted an eye but was friendly and took care of me with no apparent issues or concerns.
    A couple of days later I stopped at Macy's, again in guy mode. I was looking for a long skirt and top. I shopped around a while and found what I was looking for in the clearance section. Again at check out a young guy and a young girl in training. No issues, looks or comments.
    Just to show again, people don't care. Just be natural, shop for what you want and don't worry about it.

I hope to get out in femme one day next week in one of my new outfits. I try to get a pic and post when I do!

Molly20220718_162512.jpg
    Last edited by Molly Wells; 07-19-2022 at 06:46 PM. Reason: add picture

Molly,

you are so right, most of the time no one care. Just act like you belong there.

Davina

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Loo View Post
    Granted I doubt I will ever be able to pass so it is more about attitude, but again, I could never do it in my community, only in cities farther away.
    If your avatar is a picture of yourself, you 100% pass. Judging by the door in the background, you seem quite tall, but there are some tall women (both cis and trans). Height makes it harder to pass, but not impossible by itself.

I apologise if it's a picture of your wife or someone else.

Sci,
    No apologies needed and yes that is me. Thank you so much for the compliment. Of course that pic was selected as a rare pic that looked decent. Many many others have hit the trash bin, LOL

Oh how many time as a guy I have wished to be taller, but as Molly I'm very happy with my height. I am 5'5" and feel like that works to my benefit when I present as Molly.
    That behind me in the avatar is actually a picture. The angle and lighting put a glare on it. It does look kinda like a door.

Welcome to the forum.

Molly
    Last edited by Molly Wells; 07-21-2022 at 05:59 PM.

ScientiaMetallum,

I know Molly logically thought your post (#117) was to her since the last several messages in this thread were, but since I can tell by the context of your message and including the clip from my prior post in this thread that you are asking me, I need to sadly confess ( as I have in multiple places on the board ) that no, my Avatar is FaceApp enhanced. I am not trying to fool anyone, just not comfortable posting a completely real picture on here yet. It makes me look about 20+ years younger than I am and considerably more attractive. If I could look like that I probably would go out in public, but in reality am still very much closeted.

And yes, I am taller than a vast majority of most women. I will have a harder time than some to be able to blend. Not sure if and when I will ever get to trying. Until then I will just be on here reading about others? adventures.
    Last edited by Mary Loo; 07-21-2022 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Better clarification of what I wrote originally

Sorry Molly, I was indeed replying to Mary Loo.

Mary Loo: I've also found myself wishing I could look like my faceapp-enhanced pictures. Even the ones with only the gender swap filter on and no other alterations.

Good idea for an avatar, I might do the same thing.

I was in a shop in London with my so a few years back,shopping for the so and not for me
    And my so went to try something on and left me alone with a handful of garments.then a salesgirl came by and asked quite naturally
    If I?d like to try those on
    I thought that was great but just said no I?m waiting for the wife
    I have been shopping in that chain when in England since and have been made welcome

Mary Lou and ScientiaMetallum,
    Yes, I see the post was to Mary Lou and I have to agree. Mary Lou, you do look great!
    But...now I'm crushed
    Just joking,
    Hugs,
    Molly

I avoid going into the lingerie section when there are women there.
    I try to wait until they're gone.

Every time I got to Target or Walmart that has multiple sections like that, when I?m in the ladies section I feel my heart rate increasing, my face blushing. It feels all eyes are on me. Fear of being seen as a creep or maybe that someone figures me out and then will remember me later and may see me out and about with my wife and say ?hey your husband likes to be girlie?.
    Lately I?ve been buying a ton of stuff from Torrid. I made an account under Leah?s name and ship to store. So I got and say I?m picking up for Leah or if there are a lot of people in, I say I?m there to pick up something for my wife.
    xoxo,

Leah

"Man, I feel like a Woman!"

So many experiences, so many positives. I'm moved to comment.

Genuinely buying for my wife last Christmas. I felt like MITLS, an assistant approached me. We kept it polite and found a lovely piece as a present.
    It felt so safe and accepting that I was tempted to admit that I dressed. But that would be a betrayal to both ladies.
    I'm glad I didn't push it.
    I've only once been openly outed and teased politely by a pair of girls in a charity shop. I was discreetly browsing but they both circled me becoming very helpful. ( That scene in Harry Enfield polish cafe scene) we couldn't find a black chiffon blouse in my size so I bought a belt. Would you like to try it on? They asked.
    I've gone into shops and known immediately that I wasn't welcome. Nice old ladies that work in charity shops know about our sort.
    I've gone into charity shops and seen a warm look that accepts that I am another needy soul requiring a little compassion.
    I've been approached by a very normal looking male shop assistant while buying makeup. He wanted me to give him makeup advice. No more I believed. That was an episode that went wrong.

It struck me recently that I actually felt a bit self conscious buying bulk packs of men's breifs in a supermarket.
    It's really just something in my own head.